Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Yep family sub. Was only about 2 quid for ages but went up recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Apologies, but where a user is telling us they still have an active account and money is still taken monthly is the most pointless of information.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭con747

Maybe so, but that is a moderators job and some people here would like to know if certain members still have accounts in certain countries. If a moderator @Sheep Shagger wants to clear that up it's up to them not us.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Yep agreed. It's helpful to know which countries are still working and what vpn people are using. I used windscribe to set up in Argentina with my revolut card and it working great for a year or two now so I don't see why someone can't set up a new premium account using that exact method now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,251 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

My account is Indian. Charged monthly for the last few years. Still working fine.

My sister's account is Turkish for at least a year, also working fine.

Both through Revolut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭wassie

The issue here is that Google only started clamping down this year on setting up new payment methods that don't match the country of the account.

This means its affecting new signups, despite that fact that many existing premium accounts users are reporting no issues.

Existing premium accounts (including myself) taking advantage of global pricing are fine….until we are not and it gets cancelled.

If & when my sub gets canned, I'm going to be facing the same issue as @P_Cash and many others are currently encountering, which is why he is asking "Let us know if anyone has successfully signed back up again with a VPN, which country/card etc."

But I get also why others want to know what subs are still running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Del007

I created a brand new account (email) and signed up via Argentina. Worked straight away. Think it's luck of the draw really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Hi,

I've 4 spots left on an Argentine account. It's currently $3,699.00 per month or €3.73, so 6 ways is about 62cent per month. If people are interested and wanted to pay €8 for 12 months let me know. I've had it a few years but obviouisly if it gets cut I'll refund pro rata. You'll need to log in from a VPN.

First 4 PM's secure.

Thanks.

Edit: It didn't work for the first person who tried, another 2 people trying now but I'm not too optimistic. I won't get a load more people to try in case it marks my account as suspicious or something and it gets cancelled. If it works for a couple of people I'll offer it up again

Post edited by mp3ireland2 on

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Interesting101

So this what we are looking for.

Had you an old account and setup a new one after the first was blocked.

What VPN did you use

How did you pay ?

Are you using a VPN each time you connect?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭shmeee

"You need to login from a VPN"

?

All my other family members who are on my Argentina family sub didn't have to login via a VPN, they just accepted the invite. And no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,251 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I believe that if a family sub is created in Country X, then you need to be in that country to be able to join it. That's why the usual instructions here is to set up a family first, get everybody linked in and then sign up for the premium in a specific country.

I didn't realise that if you have a sub in a different country you can still add people to that sub via VPN ,that's useful info…

All family members just need to be in same Country as the Google account admin. My Google account details are still Ireland. But my payments account details and address are for Argentina. It goes off where your Google account is, not payment address. I've added and removed various family members over last 2/3 years without issues. A new member added last week, no VPN or anything, they just accepted my invite. Never once did any members need to use a VPN. If so, I wouldn't even have said it to them as most wouldn't know where to start with a VPN.

I could have just got "lucky". But hardly getting lucky all the time over last few years.

I've sort of made that assumption based on my friend trying it and it didn't work….so maybe you can't!

I invited my friend but he wasn't able to do it and trying to explain a VPN was not worth it given his tech interest! Maybe he was just unluckly that it didn't work, I seem to recall it was due to location though.

Post edited by mp3ireland2 on

Ive changed family members with no VPN ever needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭Nollog

What country is your account in? I set mine up for the UK, so people in Ireland can't join my family. And my Irish account can't add British accounts neither.

My google account currently in the UK so maybe that's the issue….I changed when I moved there and as I'd google one plus subscription I left it at there. Maybe i need to find people with UK accounts to share with

That's the issue so, sorry I was unaware your account was in the UK. That is gonna be the issue so. All my family members and my account is Ireland.

Yeah I had sort of forgot or not realised myself. When it was on about being in a different country I assumed it was with reference to Argentina and not UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,944 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Another month paid. €1.93 via Argentina/Revolut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭Nollog

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

My India family account still going for me anyway, besides a blip last month where payment didn’t go through and I manually had to put a payment through, it auto charged again this morning thankfully. This family account is going since 2019.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭Gary_dunne

Could never get Argentina to work, managed to get it through Peru, works out about €4 p/m and have had it for 3 months now through Revolut with no issues. Not as cheap as others but much better than 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Stupify

Have a spot free on my family account if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Unknownability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Im also interested in a family spot please if anyone needs me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭oodles19

Hi, looking for a spot on a family account if there's one going!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

I've been on a ghanian account 3 months now and no issues, approx 2 euro a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Unknownability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

My payment method (credit card) expires in September. Tried adding visa debit and revolut to my account but it won't allow me (sub is for Argentina). Is there any way of keeping this account or is it f*cked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Did you try adding them as backup cards? When the cc expires it'll default to the second card.

Advertisement