Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Executive Officer 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭MOR316

Same as you guys.

Verbal was fine (Or least I thought and hope so)

The numerical…That was ridiculous! Took me about 25 minutes to do it and majority of it was guess work. As someone said above, unless this is for a finance or accountant role, I did not get the point of that at all.

Hope for the best for all of us

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭lucat

Info was missing from most tables and charts for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭furrybones

I was away until tonight and will have to do the tests in the morning .. not ideal but this is the hand I've been dealt. Just a quick question please..

Can we skip questions and go back to them at the end? Or is it a case of once you move on you're stuck with what you've selected?

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Christmaschris

Pretty sure you can't. It either tells you in the familiarisation material or when you're reading through the test information before you take the test.

Unfortunately you can't. You're stuck with your selection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Mr lebowski

You can't skip I remember reading in the information. I believe as it's adaptive assessment your answer to the question determines the next question you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Inmate2020

let’s just say I’ll be chalking this one down to experience 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Pickysue

can’t go back - ye have to keep going once you’ve given your answer

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭gestappo

Well that was a 💩show.

Numerical was a complete disaster. Very demoralising tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kittyc2018

Found the numerical incredibly difficult….not holding out much hope for a pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭EduKate

Numerical was fine for me, just took longer than expected. They were definitely harder than the Aon/Cut-e tests used in the 2023 EO competition

I found verbal more difficult. I probably answered 'can't say' too many times.

Post edited by EduKate on

Similar experience for me in regards to the numerical. They got progressively harder so I'm hoping that means I was answering them correctly. Then again, progressively harder for me might have been easy for someone else, it's hard to tell. I did throw a guess at 2 because they were taking me too long to try to decipher what exactly I was supposed to do.

I would imagine we all got randomised verbal questions so it's hard to judge by someone else's comments on what they selected. For me, I had a mix of true, false and cannot say. Again, I might have gotten them all wrong 🤣

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 6 PooAtPauls

Did anyone else find the info wasn't very clear?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Christmaschris

Yeah I found that on a couple, I was looking around the screen thinking I was missing some of the information. Overall I found the numerical really difficult and I normally do quite well on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 PooAtPauls

As a few have said, numerical is usually my strongest and I was stumped by a few. Felt like I was missing data

Yes. Definitely. I gave feedback on it all, and I didn't mince words.

Now that that's all over, when do we expect to get results? 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 14 prin2023

As bad as I found the numerical, I dread the presentation 😂 If I get that far😂

• Registered Users Posts: 14 prin2023

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ShrimpTech39
    Nell

Those tests were bleeding brutal.

• Advertisement

I don't know wtf they were thinking giving us (or anyone) numerical tests like those. The blurry images, the absence of data labelling, the nonsensical questions, the redundant information, the over reliance on estimation regardless of the type of answers available, the list goes on. Not to mention that fact that "estimating" data is a huge no-no in the real civil service! It's the public sector version of "creative" accounting.

What farce, and I think it's a shocking disrespect to us as candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ahem123

Well that was the square root of me granny's hole!! I didn't know I was applying to re-programme the James Webb telescope.

It's done now, the universe will decide 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭gestappo

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭2016claire

Hello all,

Well everyone, what's done is done. there's no point in thinking about it now. I wish everyone very good luck. when are the result expected to come out? Does anyone know? I never red the booklet before l applied.

Thank you,

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭blondie007

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭blondie007

Booklet says before the beginning of August !!!

Best laugh I've had all day…. was badly needed. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Well considering that used sova that allready know the results but it'll take 2-4 weeks for them to click the button that says publish

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dubjane

It's to allow for any complaints to be checked out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dubjane

They also issued an error message saying they changed the minimum score for the tests from 20 to 34

Advertisement