Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Prodigy (animated children's series)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

Has to be around the corner so

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 16,058 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Now that that rubbish Discovery is over this second season of Prodigy surely has to be dropping soon.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭eadrom

July 1st!

https://blog.trekcore.com/2024/06/star-trek-prodigy-season-2-beams-to-netflix-on-july-1/

Now we know: July 1, 2024 is when Star Trek: Prodigy will debut new Season 2 episodes on Netflix, according to the “New & Hot” section of the streamer’s own app

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Only a day or 2 too go till series two is out ye!!!!!

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

The kids are, officially, excited... About Trek... wooh

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

I must say season two is very binge watchable. Best to wait till you have a few hours and try and watch as many as you can as one episode leads into the next one.

It's very good do. I am on episode 6 now :)

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭eadrom

Maybe we should bunch those threads up a bit though? 20 different threads (well, 6 so far I think) all at once with just 1 or 2 posts in them is a bit overwhelming.

Can we do 5 at a time or something? 1 - 5, 6 - 10, 11 - 15, 16 - 20.

I've not seen any of it yet though.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Only five or six in, but this is very well done so far. Great show and fantastic Trek vibes to it.

All Eyes On Rafah

Ms

Your not doing too bad at all. Yes it's well done. Some good laughs in it too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

So Prodigy has been quiet good untill episode 12 which is most definitely just aimed at kids and is silly.

You are telling me the Protostar does not have Thrusters or impulse engines or if it does it can not use them till the warp drive is working. Kind of stupid. Worst episode of season 2 for me so far anyway.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just watched the first 2 episodes of the new season. With yet another Voy character returning it is strange how they pretty much just decided to do a sequel series to Voyager.

Too bad Seven is with Picard at this time considering they talked about evacuating Romulans.

Be interesting to see who else they can get. Maybe a newly promoted Kim. 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

God, I'm really hoping this character assassination of Dal ends soon.

They've made him a bumbling incompetent

Ms

It does. .

Nope no Kim not yet anyway but yes more Voyager characters do turn up and some interesting interpretations of some of them already there too that we never actually got in the series.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Well what can I say. I just finished it. Loved it. Besides one episode the series was excellent. I would give it 9 out of 10 and what an ending.

We need a season 3 and more. So good. You actually care for what happens to the characters in this show like Gwyn or Dal or Rok or Murf or Jankum or Zero because we have seen them grow and work together.

It's deserves a season 3 and more and I hope it gets it.

I think I will rewatch it all it's that good.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

2 small seasons of a kids show and I know every character and their personality. Now, what other show completely failed at that...

Still on episode 15, can't sneak ahead of the kids viewing schedule. They adore this, still need a Murph plushy!

Apparently needs to do absolute bank to generate a season 3.

Netflix seem to be only promoting its position in the kids chart which may be a disservice. It's firmly in my queue as we're watching it as a family

• Advertisement
    Ms

"Still on episode 15, can't sneak ahead of the kids viewing schedule. They adore this, still need a Murph plushy!"

Well it only gets better from there. It's amazing how much they can fit in to such short episodes.

"Apparently needs to do absolute bank to generate a season 3."

I really hope it gets that and more.

It's set up for it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It was a really good season overall and established its timeframe at the end.

So is it a running joke that Morn's species does all their talking off camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Just finished Season 2 and felt quite happy and entertained by it all. I would happily watch any future incarnation of this, so hopefully Netflix get a good reaction to it.

[Edit to add] And as has been established in another thread, I'm an old fella, who came up on TOS when it first syndicated in Ireland. So even though this is aimed at children, I was more entertained by it than the series that shall not be named!

Finished S2. Thought it was very well done. Got to remember it's aimed at a younger audience but still has very real Trek vibes. Loved how they matched up the timeline of where it fits in the Trek universe.

Great seeing some VOY characters back and they did a great job with them. Not just characters return for the sake of it.

It's nicely concluded at the end of S2, but also nicely primed to get a S3. Which it totally deserves. They did a fantastic job with this show.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

If you got a Netflix sub just for this and are looking for something else to watch with a similar vibe until the month ends. I recommend Lost In Space.

God damn it, still no fecking Murph plush toy. My kids are pissed that there is no merch

Loved the little nod to the below, towards the end

Department of Temporal Investigations

Post edited by Norrie Rugger Head on

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just finished S2 there. For a "kids show" it's the most consistent and faithful continuation of the franchise since Voyager and Enterprise. As fun as Lower Decks is, this was just a level above.

My only disappointment is that they persisted with the nonsense Nu-Trek/Picard S1 events of the destruction of Romulus and the "Synth" uprising (they could have just as easily erased all that with all the time travel shenanigans)

Despite this it absolutely deserves a S3, but if not they did a brilliant job wrapping everything up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,666 ✭✭✭Inviere

I'm five episodes into Season 2, and, I'm not exactly loving it. Once Season 1 hit its stride I really enjoyed it, but Season 2 just feels so flat so far, can't quite put my finger on it.

Post edited by Inviere on

• Advertisement

I liked how the timelines add up to fit with NuTrek, even with it's problems. Also they did a better job explaining the effect of 'that incident' which was the main feature of Picard S1.

I'd nearly call it Voyager, season 8 lol.

All Eyes On Rafah

Advertisement