Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options
1136137138139140142»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,476 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Not really possible when a giant hulk is going to show up. I've seen some tweets saying how it feels like one of Ford's 90s thrillers, but those were made for adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Honestly doesn't seem to relate to the show at all, say they don't want to repeat the mistakes of Dr Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was half expecting him to say he's better but at least they realised Sam has too much respect for Steve to say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

That would bomb the movie harder than "WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,834 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Are people just looking for reasons to be annoyed? Making up stuff.
    There was an entire show dedicated to Sam's inferiority complex ffs. He is NEVER going to say he is better than Steve.

And, him saying 'i'm not' isn't meant to be a bad ass moment. the narrative of the trailer is: 'I'm not…. now watch me fly at supersonic speeds'. He's different. thats the damned point. Sam not being Steve is not a boast for him. Its a fact he has accepted. He's not steve but that doesn't make him wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,374 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So Frank Castle/Punisher is in the new Captain America movie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

That is some turnaround from even what was being reported last week. Maybe it has just been a case of public negotiating from both Feige and the Russos.

I think it would be the right decision even though I've heard the last few things they've done have been disappointing. Nobody can deny their involvement with the MCU was the peak for both parties.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,481 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

They have another non-MCU film on the way it seems via Netflix: "The Electric State", an adaptation of a graphic novel of the same name; my expectations are pretty rock bottom 'cos The Gray Man was just awful and didn't suggest some untapped potential that they were being held back in the MCU. Can't speak to Cherry though it seemed to get a bit of a kicking too, while their Amazon series "Citadel" was $300 million spent on a show nobody watched.

Kinda speaks to a bit of desperation on both parties to return to the well in the face of flagging enthusiasm for the franchise. Infinity War / EndGame had no right to be even vaguely coherent given the plates it had to spin, and its success can be put at the feet of the Russos, no question. But I see nothing to suggest they're anything except hacks as actual filmmakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

That is a bit of a sign of… well, not desperation… but concern about the next "Phase" of movies. Sure, there was a conscious decision to have a uniform style of output: There was little scope for directors to put their mark on the Marvel movies. Of course Ragnarok was an exception (Which was over-egged in the last Thor movie. VERY poor) and Age of Ultron and a couple of the earlier movies did have touches of Joss Whedon's quippy banter. And there were elements of Shane Black-isms in Iron-Man 3.

But, in general, as mentioned by many before, they were all (intentionally) director neutral. Having said that, I did like the last 2 Captain America movies and the last Avengers movies for what they were.

As I have mentioned before, I don't know the comics so have no opinion on how certain characters should be portrayed (For example, I thought the reveal of Kingsley's Mandarin was genuinely funny but can understand if it horrified long-term readers). So I don't know the comics but I believe that it's now pretty official that all that Kang stuff is scrapped. They can put it down to the case(s) against the actor but, IMHO, I think it was mainly down to the build up simply not clicking: Confused, oversaturated and underwhelming storylines.

It seems that Deadpool 3 will actually have a proper impact on the future movies (I assumed this was initially a joke but early reports are that, no, this is genuine) and X-Men and Fantastic Four now back in the fold, I wonder where they will go instead of Kang. Is Doctor Doom too small? Galacticus too big? I haven't a scooby-doo

Advertisement