Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Siochana Recruitment 2024

Options
1141516171820»

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭RarePhilosophy

For me , results would be around 2 weeks after the final interview of you batch.

PCT would be around 6-8weeks afterwards if estimate . YMMV . Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭RarePhilosophy

Go for it. But just be sure to declare everything as they will have a record of your arrest / or the incident and if you don’t declare it on your Form B you will be disqualified.

You need to declare all police interactions regardless if convicted or not. Best of luck with everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Grayzer1979

Well got the dreaded news back from Occupational Health unit. Eyes unaided not good enough but with lenses they're 20/20.

Just hope I'm suitable for laser or it's the end of the road for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Louise2024

Try Optical Express. I had a consult with them recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 racheldowney2

anyone know what number of merit their at now for the interviews. Was told there gonna stop interviews in August but some people still haven’t been called.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 lee03united

any ideas on how you’d know when the last interview in the batch 3 was as mine was the 3rd of July still no word

any idea when the last interview in batch 3 would be or to find out as mine was 3rd of July ??

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Tra112

last day for batch 3 interviews was Friday 12th of July and I was told we would know in 7 to 10 day’s time..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 craigh88

I have consultation booked with optilase pre medical the hard part is finding €4000 to pay for it wasn't planning on using savings I had organised for 6 months training,best of luck

Optical express do free consultations to see if you are eligible for laser eye surgery. You only pay if you want the procedure. 6 months to decide.

• Advertisement

Yeah I’m in the same boat. Mine were quoted more and it’s killing me if I fail this medical 🤢

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Red devil 77

I done mine with optilase in cork you can pay monthly over 3 years makes it a bit easier to afford.

Same with Optical Express!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GraceJulia98

Hi, does anyone here have tattoos (non visible)

I have one on my upper forearm and was told by current members of an Garda Siochana it won’t matter as it’s not on my wrist/hand/face/neck.

On my form B it is asking to send pictures of any tattoos on my arm. I’m panicking now as I was told if you had tattoos on your arm it was ok you just had to cover them at all times.

as far as I know, once they are not visible, ie. Face, neck etc you should be okay..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,855 ✭✭✭billyhead

I've seen serving members with tattoos on their arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 aod214

Anyone thats done their PCT, how strict where they on form for exercises like the situps, i.e did they not count the rep if your hands came off your head

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kevmac07

Situps are the part I'm dreading, suffer with lower back pain so I struggle with them,just hoping on the day my back holds up for 1 minute or it's game over for me 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sligo98

Hi, They are fairly strict to be fair …the sergeant is very particular

has anyone got results of the interview in batch 3 ?

• Advertisement

no, they said 7 to 10 days after batch 3 interviews are completed, last interviews were last Friday 12th, so hopefully early next week they might be out..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AislingH2002

Are you allowed notes with your competency examples at the interview?

No you are not

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Don96

Hi Rachel,

why are they stopping the interviews in august, as in they will have recruited the amount needed for this year, will the rest who have not yet been called by then, be called next year or how does it work?

Maybe they’re taking August off for holidays? Hopefully not the case of them stopping for longer

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Darceyrocco

surly they just stopping for holidays in august and then will Continue as even with interviews to date they can’t be sure those will pass medical , fitness etc so surly they will keep going can anyone clarify , thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mld20

How long does it take for them to notify you if you have passed or failed the medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 aod214

anyone from batch 3 get results for the interview?

should be this week, they said 7 to 10 after batch 3 was completed and they finished up on the Friday, 12th of July.

• Advertisement
Advertisement