Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion - 2024 All Ireland Hurling Champions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Really, most lads i go with are sorted now through the clubs, I think the people who are not with a club and go most days might struggle although a few always come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Yeah but we are around small clubs in west clare, so the allocation is small My club got 80 tickets. Ive just seen that it will be on a big screen in the fairgreen. I wonder would that be a good option for some atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

How do you mean there will be very few Clare supporters at this?

Because we were allocated 16K and no more becoming available is what ive heard

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

There'll be probably between 20k and 25k, maybe closer to 30k, clare people at least and even more from cork!

• Advertisement

I hope your right, and there's an army of yellow packed into croke park

• Registered Users Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

do Cork get more tickets because they have more clubs ?

No, I’m fairly sure competing counties get the same. Obviously, just with sheer numbers, they’ll probably have more there due to contacts in other counties but their club members would have a harder search than ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

There will be a lot more than 16,000 Clare fans there. You don't seem to understand that tickets can be got elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Figerty

Word from Cork is it's hard to get tickets and it's getting a bit ugly about distribution. I heard that in at least one Club the ticket codes were distributed in Clare before they were even contacted in Cork. Not sure if this is widespread but it would help to explain the demand in Cork seems to be far more hyped in Cork than Clare.

• Advertisement

I do understand that tickets have gone elsewhere but they can't be got. If they can let me know where and I'll get one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭fire_man

I have been promised a physical ticket but would have to collect from another county.Any way of transferring this to an e -ticket?

Depends - if they received it as a physical ticket then probably not. If they got it off their own ticketmaster account and printed it then they should be able to transfer it to you still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

That and the roughly half a million more people in Cork than Clare ..

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

No Miwadi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

As a galway man, am monitoring keenly how the ticketing is working out for the hurling as will likely suffer the same issues next week. Seems like a disaster not putting surpluses up on ticketmaster. Literally all the people who shouldn't be getting tickets i.e. corporates, people from not competing counties are getting them. Infuriating…

All I'm seeing online now is swaps for football tickets. It's just infuriating at this point.. gonna keep searching up til sat nite, but the joy is nearly gone out of it now at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Yeah, at certain point it’s a relief to give up and make peace with that.

It is frustrating if you attend the other matches, but unfortunately it is what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭another36

If they scan it email it to you and you print it it will work. It's the bar code you need you can't use a screenshot you need it printed.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭MattressRick

Putting tickets on Ticketmaster at this early stage would lead to possibly thousands being bought by day trippers who just want the big day out and who don't deserve it. There was huge Galway support there last Sunday but Id wager hardly anyone, who was in the many different groups of friends going around the Hill looking for their other mates all afternoon, was up in Sligo at the Galway Armagh match. Id say barely 3000 from Galway went to that. So tickets need to go to those who deserve them and yes a secretary of a struggling rural club in Longford deserves a ticket for the All Ireland. If he doesn't want to buy it it'll get redistributed. That's fair enough but it does leave it late before you might get one this Saturday.

Yeah corporates are frustrating, they hand tickets to some people who have zero interest. But it's the hand that feeds.

I got a ticket a few times from a sales guy and I know he only gave it to me because any time he called we spent as long talking about gaa as any work related stuff, so he knew I was a genuine supporter. So I suppose not all corporate tickets are to non supporters, maybe the boxes are alright. I mean does Jason McAteer not deserve to go to yet another All Ireland final with his big mate Robbie Fowler??!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 niallon11

Im in Clare and tickets are very scarce. Still hoping to find two before Sunday even if it's short notice.

And I know a lot more the same. Hoping to see a few come on stream after all these fundraisers are settled across the country and we might get to buy some.

A lot of demand from cork as well so can't find any online either.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭mjp

The amount of sunshine supporters I seen on social media at Galway game last weekend shocked me. Most them haven't set foot in pearse stadium in years never mind being to league matches. They'll be looking for tickets for final but none them members of our local club so proper order for the Ticketmaster bandwagoners

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Yes, I was at the game in Markevicz Park and am a member of my local club but hate the idea of being dependant on the luck of the draw. The day-trippers will not be refreshing the ticketmaster page every 5 minutes like I have been for the last week. All those tickets are now in the hands of either touters or the mildly interested.

Stick them up the night before on ticketmaster, I will be there refreshing if I don't get a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭65535

I saw a Car down a laneway in Blackpool in Cork with 2 Clare Flags on it.

I'm tempted to take them and put up Cork ones instead.

Any thoughts on that ?

Around 650 unused tickets where returned to county board last nite and the are being distributed to the hurling and dual clubs today. Maybe a few to football clubs on request, so make sure to have lads remember your still looking if empty handed. Because we are a football club we won't get many, if any so I'll need to keep turning over rocks 😁

Sorry the 200 stand tickets are going to hurling and duals clubs and 450 terrace to all clubs... There's hope yet

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

How is there 650 unused tickets.

I don't know... How do I post the email I received

• Advertisement

Advertisement