Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Unfortunately we may have to get used to it… forecast for the next week or so is pretty much rinse & repeat of the last few days… its gonna be a damp & gloomy summer by the looks of it.

I say skip straight to November.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Will be August soon so looking like that's that for summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

I've a feeling the closest we'll get to a summer will be the obligatory Indian summer that tends to roll around in September when everything is back in full swing & everyone's cooped up in work/school/college being teased by the sun & the blistering heat outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭BK5

Happy Friday everyone. Looking a little sunnier here this morning before heading out for work. 🤞

We'll be halfway through July in only a few days!

Any plans for the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭tscul32

It's gorgeous in crete.....😊

• Advertisement

Ah brilliant, hope you and your family have a great time.

The wife would kill me if saw me writing this, but dare I say it, did anyone else notice that it was a little darker at about 10pm this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Sounds very appealing, have a great holiday 🌞.

Definitely, seems like summer is on the way out before it got properly started.

Seeing it way more in the mornings, I get up at 5.30 or 5.45 and I'm having to turn the lights on again as it's clearly darker, when a couple of weeks ago it was broad daylight at that time.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The lampposts on my road were coming on at about 10.10-10.15pm, and now it's between 9.55 and 10pm... so there's already a difference. The nights are drawing in alright. 😂

Sure it'll be August in 2 1/2 weeks. 🫢

• Registered Users Posts: 38,379 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Smashing weather over here in Madrid. All going well but had a bit of a panic attack on Thursday night. Brought on by the heat and alcohol

First time experiencing these temps

Last day of the festival tomorrow and then back home tomorrow evening. The rest get to stay and watch the Euros final

Well done Ireland!!!

Great win down in South Africa, real bottle showed in the winning of that game and not giving the Springboks a sniff at a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,546 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

One thing about having an Indian Summer is we don't get those endless Summers days like you'd get in July.

Possibly on the 15th of next month Brown Thomas will open their Christmas Shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Oh my God, today is so miserable - I did feel like it's was closer to Christmas than my summer holidays! I must admit even though it is pretty horrible, it does feel quite Christmassy 😂

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The heat can be very overwhelming alright especially if you're not used to it. Take it easy, drink loads of water and don't be doing too much walking at the hottest hours. The Spanish like to siesta in the middle of the day for a reason 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Catching up on all the Chrimbo forum posts! Its alive again.

The heat is a killer, it boils the brain and leads (me anyways) to irritability. I type this when its 43c out and 80% humidity.

We moved house last week, though we are still surrounded by boxes. Few issues, water pump failed day two, and got all new AC.

We fly home next week for a few weeks and looking forward to that. Hoping to cut off from work for a while, catch up with pals and spend as much time with my Dad as possible as he is unwell. Hoping the weather at home takes a turn for when we land!

Sorry to hear that your dad is not well @Jude13. I hope you get plenty quality time with him.

Hope your Dad feels better soon @Jude13, all the best to him.

Also hope you enjoy your time back home, it's a stifling 17 degrees here at the moment. 😰😃

• Registered Users Posts: 38,379 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sorry to hear about your Dad, enjoy those moments and all the memories will live on

Yeah I done well with the heat in Madrid but one night had a bit of a alcohol/heat induced panic attack. It's scary

• Advertisement

Cheers all, to be honest we never thought he would get to this age.

17 degrees is boots and hoodies weather. The girls give out to me for putting the AC on 23.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,546 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

How many can you think off?

^^^ I’m a Christmas lover 🥰🎄.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

15 points exactly. Christmas lover. ☺️

I don't have a Christmas playlist, I just listen to Christmas FM. 🙂

15!!

Kinda relieved I didn't get 20!

Only 11! 😥 Going to have to leave the group, nice knowing all of you. 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭pigtail33

15 here too, phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Are we sure it's summer?

@antimatterx but we identify as Christmas.

15 also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Andrew93

Never sure on this island… stark reality for me from last week when I was in Portugal having 35 degrees heat.

13 points on the Christmas list for me. Can't wait to decorate my first home inside and out for the first time this year!

Advertisement