Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The savage eye skit

• 14-07-2024 7:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭

Was just thinking of a skit on the savage eye, I think it was about the nordies coming down south for the 12th of July parades. it was done to the song hey hey we are the monkeys, but nordies replacing monkeys, it was very funny, I think it was painting them in a bad light. anyone know where the clip is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Don't want to steal your thread but another sketch I would love to find is from one of the RTE2 Monday evening comedy shows. Getting a form stamped in an office set to a song I can't remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Thanks. I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Sunjava

The Savage Eye was exceptional and of a time when certain humour wasn't made intolerable by the insidious whingebags.

If you'd told someone at the time (not long ago) that something like this wouldn't be allowed in the 2020's...you'd have said "ah don't by silly"...

Here we are, gone awful silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭picturehangup

There is a plethora of sketches from the Savage Eye on YT.

This guy is close to the bone, depicts Ireland very accurately, he is very funny and would love to see more of him, personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭eastie17

Some of his stand up and dealing with hecklers is a little disturbing to say the least.

The savage eye was, well savage. Mick the bull and Al porter as his son. Best comedy RTE ever did imho, Hardy Bucks was great for a while also

Advertisement