Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2022 Assistant Principal Competition - Open and Interdepartmental

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 busher07

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭caviardreams

A challenge with extending it too long is that panelists have moved on to other roles / countries / situations changed since applied so they become meaningless after a while

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Foxy1987

Is anyone else holding out hope that results will issue today!?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 civilservant01

yes been staring at the phone all day!

The wait is the worst part of the entire process 😅

• Advertisement

To be honest I thought the worst bit was waiting to be admitted on Zoom best of luck !

yes starting to get nervous now usually out just before 4pm so best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JSF223

Hi All, wondering if anyone currently on the open panel got any updates from PAS this week? Wondering if it moved any! TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Sweeps McKenzie

Results for Batch 4.3 out. Delighted/relieved to say I passed. Might be a while before I'm placed of course, if this thread is anything to go by! Congratulations to anyone else who passed, and commiserations to anyone who's missed out. It's a long old slog, but if you've gone through it once, your chances next time out are automatically better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Brera

Thankfully the dreaded wait it over !
    Did better than I expected so still slightly in shock.

Congrats to everyone else who was successful this time.

The PAS process can be a confusing and cruel beast.

Does anyone know where they are with the OOM at the minute ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Rog32

Delighted to get on the Open and Interdepartmental panels, well done to everyone and hard luck to those who were unlucky this time.

Thought we would hear by Friday but at lease don’t have to wait a few more days to find out!!

Does anybody know where the recruitment currently is at for open and interdepartmental panels?

Well Done all that passed I was successful this time too, delighted.

This was my 3rd time doing it so do not give up if you were not successful this time.

A question the OOM is that just for 4.3 or is it the overall.

I'm pretty sure that the OOM is just for the batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Rog32

Any idea how long it should take to work through the batches?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Ritournelle

Congratulations everyone! The OOM is just for your batch, so even if you were e.g. number 3 on 4.3, there could still be e.g 20 + people ahead of you from previous batches to be placed.If you email clearance they give you an indication of this, seems to have slowed a bit but maybe thats summer holidays et al

Hi just received this from PAS..

We have just commenced the pre-employment checks of the Open candidates in batch 4.1 and we have completed the pre-employment checks of Interdepartmental candidates in batch 4.2.

We will commence the pre-employment checks of Interdepartmental candidates in batch 4.3 in the coming weeks. We will move through the order of merit as Interdepartmental vacancies are logged with us.

Received an identical response. All the same, it's summer, so it's possible that things might slow down a bit in the next while anyway. In other words, I'm not holding my breath!

Congrats to everyone that got on the panel .unfortunately I missed out on the qualifying standard in one of the competencies just wondering is the results the full extent of the feedback available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 PremierSky

Hi, anyone receive an update from PAS on the Open Panel for batch 4.2?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 PWDUB

Hi @PremierSky

Note received from PAS on 16th of July.

We have not yet commenced the clearance of Open candidates in batch 4.2.

No other details I'm afraid.

Hi @PremierSky I received this update on Monday re open Dublin - "We have just commenced the pre-employment checks of the Open candidates in batch 4.1"

@civilservant01 sorry to hear that! You can email for feedback but from past experience it is quite vague! No harm to ask for it anyways! 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭moneymaid

I have an AP level interview which involves role play.

Role play is not something I'm familiar with in an interview setting. Has anyone done a role play in an AP interview previously?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Disney2003

To those with an offer on batch 4.3, I asked PAS and they said there are approx 20 people still to be placed from batch 4.1, & 4.2 . I am on OOM for batch 4.3 but I am not to hopefully! I know the batch finishes in October 2024 but the next competition is going to take a while to get people so will they draw from 4.3 until the new one is up and running?

Is this for open or interD? They told me Monday they are still pulling from 4.1 on open for clearance but have finished clearance for 4.2 on interD and are starting 4.3 in the coming weeks!?

I genuinely think they wouldn't be establishing panels if vacancies weren't projected. They've already committed to carrying out pre-employment checks for Interdepartmental batch 4.3 'in the coming weeks' (which admittedly could amount to quite a lot of weeks!), so I can't see them not doing so for the Open batch 4.3 at some stage. I think there's more chance of them extending the expiry date.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭countyireland12345

I don't think anyone is arguing otherwise (that you will be placed). I would expect anyone currently on a panel will be placed by 31 October. Not sure if they will call another batch to interview though. They have vacancies every year towards the end of the competitions and they don't extend them so I expect they won't this time either. Suspect they will want to launch a new competiton before the end of the year so they have a new candidate pool to tap into. PAS confirmed a AP competition would be launched in 2024.

Just to note that PAS did recently extend the current PO panel from the 2022 competition until the end of this year so it is a possibility that the same will happen for this panel!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭FlexBrowne

I hope you're right but in regional panels there may not be any posts. Start all over on November 1st. Was on an internal AP panel which also expired. Getting tired now lol

Advertisement