Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best counter top beer machine in 2024

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Im not a beer making expert, but i presume its got to do with how the kegs are made versus how cans are made and also maybe the length of storage. I can promise you though that the difference between Blade pints and Cans\bottles is night and day, its the same difference as cans of Guinness versus pints, freshness \ crispness etc. The pints from the blade are also full of carbonation \ activity, so when they pull they give a lovely creamy foamy head that stays, whereas cans can often be quite dead a few minutes after opening.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The machine is pouring the beer at a fixed and optimised temperature, whereas with cans and bottles it'll vary depending on your home cooling arrangements. That will have an effect on head, carbonation and mouthfeel of the beer when served.

• Administrators Posts: 53,955 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yea they do have a good selection.

The Perfect Draft does seem to be a bit easier to get kegs for, but the actual beers themselves don't really excite me. I would be looking for a standard lager that's in the 4.4% mark, they mostly seem to be pale ales or 5%+ lagers. Or pure crap like Bud Light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Just on that, Standard Lager TM would be about 5% ish, it's just that most brands sell into the Irish market at sub 5%

I see Camden Helles there at 4.6%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

If you can make your peace with giving money to Jeremy Clarkson, his Hawkstone lager is 4.8% and it's very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,029 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I suspect that it's more to do with the beer being dispensed by being forced out with CO2 which is a more controlled process than being dumped out of a can with gravity. But I'd also say it's 90% psychological, for lager at least.

Advertisement