Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a zero refugee policy? - *Read OP for mod warnings and threadbans - updated 11/5/24*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭MegamanBoo

I'm glad you see that immigration poses an existential threat to the EU.

Rather than deal with these collectively you're approach seems to be that Denmark and Ireland should set a direction towards a group of deterrent policies others would have to follow. These policies, based around indefinite detention and restricted access to the labour market, you hope would be successful at a regional level, despite their failures in Australia or the US.

As I've pointed out already the EU already has quite extreme deterrent policies when you consider the realities of what people face trying to get here dealing with traffickers, militias and the risk of death at sea.

To a degree Denmark's deterrent policies work for them, for now, because there are other viable destinations within the EU. To replicate this at a regional level the EU would have to somehow become less attractive than the extreme poverty and/or violence typically faced at home, or the conditions faced in Russia or perhaps the Middle East. That's just not going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Repro212

No warnings for me so far Jisakix

• Registered Users Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

It’s not interesting at all.

It’s the narrative of trying to deflect us plebs and thickos from the mess our so called leaders have made of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,708 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

You and others have totally misread the post.

At the end I say women need to be encouraged to have more children. That means making more affordable and attractive to do so.

The facts can not change the way things are. This country needs huge immigration of workers if living standards are to be maintained in the medium term to at least get the current middle aged to the grave reasonably comfortably before the real problems of the population crisis begin.

Our population is aging fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Why is it racist to fear being replaced? would it be racist to fear being replaced by white Scottish people or blue aliens (nearly said Wales)

The 'great replacement theory' has become a reality in London for example, in 1961 ethnic minorities made up 2% in 2021 64%…what is racist or white supremacist to point that out as fact

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Ah right.

Speak for yourself .

I may not have read about Leo today but I haven't totally written off my intellect as a result

And it is interesting even to see if it is a pattern or conspiracy to distract as you say , is it not ?

And I don't disagree that those in government have made a right pig's ear of it .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,609 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

It's 100% racist if their fixation is on being 'replaced' by black people or Muslims. Surely this would be the very definition of what a white supremacist is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Damien360

He never mentioned black or muslim. And again you failed to answer. Surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Or it's the likes of you fixated on colour, what is the problem with the fear of being replaced …….the protestants of the North fear being replaced by Catholics is that right or wrong good or bad…..if the population of Lagos feared being replaced by White Europeans would it be racist

• Registered Users Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭mistersifter

You previously stated that asylum seekers should be able to show up to airports or sea ports without required visas or passports and be permitted to board simply by stating that their intention is to claim asylum in Ireland.

This is what you believe, yes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,607 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

The left wing view this as racism.

They will say that children in the third world have just as much entitlement to any benefits as an Irish child.

Internationalism is a core part of their Marxist ideology.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,607 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

working people are basically piñata's.

Our only purpose is to be beaten for taxes that get to be wasted by government politicians.

The billions getting wasted on asylum is the biggest scam yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Photobox

• Registered Users Posts: 82,525 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You have to laugh at the crooked media coverage for Coolock, all those charged named with details of their address and occupation, all that was missing is what they had for breakfast that morning, meanwhile when dealing with 63 people arrested in the 'Black Axe' gang they won't even quote that it's based in Nigeria for some reason as it may be too near to the truth and might offend someone, 'Western Africa' based is the best you will get. No doubt RTÉ will be on siesta when those are charged and won't have a production studio available to record them entering court.

17 charged but not single name, address or occupation released…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Mick ah

It must be pretty sickening to be a woman in your 30s in Ireland. No hope of buying somewhere to live and therefore she delays having children.

Meanwhile the taxes you pay go towards housing every chancer who arrives.

What would Ireland's fertility rate be if housing wasn't an issue?

And yes, obviously government policy plays a role, but when the government uses your money to compete against you for scarce housing to house people who shouldn't even be in the country.

Well, it doesn't take a genius to see why there are adherents to the great replacement theory.

Billions wasted housing chancers.

How many homes could have been built with that money? We already know that the majority of under 35s live with their parents. We all know that sharing a bedroom wall with your parents is the greatest contraception in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

And no offence to any chancers living in tents but from the interviews I saw on the news they are the literal definition of "chancers". Apparently if you can't find work in your home country and cite discrimination you can be an asylum seeker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Quags

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭LongfordMB

The only thing wrong about the great replacement theory is that there's some evil mastermind behind it all. No, it's just lots of different people incentivized financially and otherwise in that direction and decision makers brainwashed by NGOs and DEI. But the replacement is happening, the demographics don't lie. There will only be around 35 million ethnic Germans in the year 2100, half the 70 million now. But Germany population will still be 80 million, so they will be minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Mick ah

The great irony being that the Germans are paying to house all of their "replacements".

There are plenty of good paying jobs in Germany. But for the working class (who still get heavily taxed) seeing over 2k a month land in your bank account would be considered decent.

Meanwhile the government is taking their money to house chancers, driving up rent (50% of Germans rent). If you point this out in Germany, you're called a nazi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

From seeing some of the undoc's wandering around it's clear they're here for the benny's and free gafs.

There's also a large number fleeing the law in Europe and their home countries, and claiming multiple payments across the E.U.. A whole new industry based on scamming the refugee laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,609 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Millions of current German citizens have Turkish and Polish surnames. If some form of the great replacement is supposedly underway, it has already been happening for decades. The 'gastarbeiter' era started as far back as 1955.

Something that needs to be factored in here is that as many as 8m German people were killed during WW2, large numbers of them young people.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭gral6

Michael McDowell should be brought back as a minister of Justice.

Some order definitely will be restored and the door for welfare immigrants will close.

Also, I don't think we'll be enjoying tents full of welfare refugees along the canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Nope

It’s gas, they’ll all claim they’re actually not in favour of “open borders” or “unlimited influx” but when you then say okay, what is the limit then? Suddenly they forget to respond to you

Seriously, try it with any of them on the thread, pick any one.

You will not get a number or a single substantive answer. I guarantee it.

Cognitive dissonance incarnate

• Registered Users Posts: 7,381 ✭✭✭prunudo

it will come full circle, they won't say it directly, but eventually theyll come out with a statement to say services can't cope and there isn't enough accommodation for them, but they won't actually say Ireland is Full.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,184 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

But it hasn't been extended as far as I know. It seems that the Dept of Integration etc is just over ruling the normal proper planning procedures that law abiding citizens and businesses must go through. Hence people objecting and protesting as that's all that's left to do.

As regards the growing numbers that we need to temporarily accommodate, we do what other countries across the world do - set up refugee camps with tents & toilets etc.

And what's the problem with an aging and reducing population?

As an original card carrying member of the Green Party, I'd point out that Green philosophy is to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. Make do with less. Less growth, less consumerism, fewer people and less pressure on the planet. That is Green ideology and we all aspire to be Green now, don't we.

So why do we need a growing population? Maybe it's more to do with wealth generation for some?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I'll take this one. They will keep coming and getting worse and worse as the world gets more unstable and resources dwindle through climate change and wars. Millions or billions will be on the move in the coming years and decades. Humans go where resources and opportunities are, and Europe is where the impoverished people near Europe will flock to. Right wing govs will eventually lead to the break up of the EU and machine guns at borders and our lives will all become less prosperous and worse in many ways.

I still can't blame people for going to where they can possibly achieve a better life, humans have always done this regardless of nationality religion creed etc. There are just too many of us wanting too much stuff and we haven't found a way of spreading wealth globally and keeping people content.

So enjoy the good times while you can!

And have you looked at the skin colour and religions of those arriving here in numbers recently as asylum seekers??

These are the people referred to in the argument that we need to import more people to make up for less Irish babies.

So it looks like a 'pro asylum' stance now includes the logic that we need these people and which in turn will lead to the "great replacement theory" being realised. We have people at apparently opposite ends of an argument finding out that they actually agree on possible consequences? A turnaround for the books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭MegamanBoo

I'm busy today and don't have time to post links but I'm quite sure it's within the law. Legislation was passed at the beginning of the Ukraine conflict afaik.

Advertisement