Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump the Megathread part II - threadbans and mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,085 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

You are trying to exonerate a rapist on a technicality. A technicality that would not apply in Ireland (and this is an Irish forum) and would not apply in the majority of US states.

It was rape. It was something he did. "Normal people" (your phrase) know it was rape. They don't need argue the toss about the exact nature of the sexual assault and the size of Trump's penis.

But those going to bat for Trump do, for reasons known only to themselves.

Fact - Trump is a rapist.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

"If you go to Florida with your wife and have a few drinks before having sex, it is under Florida Law "Rape".

Can you post a link to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,970 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

”well you see he’s not technically a rapist because of a loophole in the NY penal code and the jury couldn’t figure out if he used his tiny penis or his tiny hands to sexually molest Carrol so just get all the way off my guys back will ya? And why would he go for that woman anyway everyone knows he preferred little kids who look like his daughter”

”You can’t SAY that 10/11 grrgrgrgr” says cult that believes in Pizzagate

Gosh I just can’t figure out why Trump is having trouble appealing to independents (and a lot of Republicans) 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭lostboy75

If what he did was rape as all understand it, it is only a loophole that gets him off (insert bad taste joke here?), he's a rapist, that's end of discussion really surely for sane people?

Let's move on the conversation for a little while, it will come back up again as we all know, list your ten bad things that you think he did and I'll see if I can ignore any of those, just to mix it up a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭swampgas

Well, I think Trump is a rapist. I can't say that he is a convicted rapist, as he wasn't technically convicted of rape.

I also think he is a liar and a cheat, and while he has been convicted of many things, he hasn't been convicted of being "a liar" or of being "a cheat", but the convictions he has boil down to the same thing, so I'm happy for convenience and ease of communication to call him a cheat and a liar.
    We're not sitting in a courtroom here - we are engaging in normal speech, and in normal speech we don't heed to specify whether somebody was convicted of a specific crime when we describe them with words that most people understand.
    Can I say somebody who is convicted of GBH is a thug? Sure I can, and I will.
    Can I say that Trump is a rapist, because he was convicted of using part of his body to penetrate the vagina of a woman against her will? Sure I can, and I will.

Trump is a rapist (as most people understand the term), deal with it.

• Advertisement

Trump: ”I know nothing about project 2025”

Vance: “let me tell you about these ideas we definitely didn’t rip straight from project 2025”

https://www.vox.com/politics/361455/jd-vance-trump-vice-president-rnc-speech

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Redliketoast

So now I am a white supremacist for saying that some of the Trump stuff is bigged up?

And you are getting thanks for it. Do you not see how insane that is?

I am not trying to exonerate anyone.

Fact - Trump was never convicted of rape.

I'm not.

Take a breath.

Read it again.

I'm making a comparison between you arguing that trump isn't a rapist, he's a sexual assaulter and another poster arguing that trump isn't a racist, he's a white supremacist.

Understand now?

• Advertisement

Nah you can google it yourself. John Oliver has an interesting 20 mins or so on it. Im sure Chat GPT could put together something as well if you worded it properly. I wont be googling that on my work laptop thank you very much 🤣

But it is a silly law, which of course (and I cant believe I have to say this) doesnt excuse rape!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Christy42

That is in no way what the post you are quoting says🤣.

The word like indicates there are similarities but they are not the exact same.

You are trying to argue semantics over the fact that Trump is a rapist. This is not overblown, it just is what it is. He was found liable for what we would refer to as rape. He raped (at least) one person and therefore is a rapist.

I cant understand how your hyperbole gets so much thanks. There certainly is a weird grouping going on here.

Again Biden is the one who has been sniffing children and has been called out for weird behaviour BY HIS DAUGHTER. Such weird double standards from you lot.

Yes you are. Constantly trying to exonerate Trump of his vile conduct, with disingenuous arguments and false both sides equivalance.

Fact - Trump is a rapist. That he wasn't convicted of rape doesn't alter the truth of that statement, as has been explained by multiple posters. He doesn't have to be convicted of rape for that to be true.

How would you call him? A molestor? A sex offender? A sexual predator? A pervert? Sexual degenerate? What word best describes the sexual assault you think Trump committed?

Do you accept that the sexual assault Trump was found to have committed would be classed as rape in Ireland?

this is the Donald Trump thread, if you have lies to make up about Biden and his daughter they’re not on topic here.

Its not a "loophole" its the law!

I cant believe I need to spell things out but here we are.

What Trump did in his sexual assault is absolutely disgusting. He is disgusting and belongs nowhere near people. Let alone in power. The man should not be elected and anyone with any sanity should know that.

BUT why lie? Why make stuff up or exaggerate? Why do what you claim the other side does?

They said I sound like a white supremacist. You can use mental gymnastics all you want but this is a typical neo liberal way of arguing. Either you fully agree or you are a satan worshiping peado. No middle ground

The word is comparative. It is used to show the double standard

“But when I use mental gymnastics to pretend Trump isn’t a rapist or echoing Hitler, and blame all murder on the left, that’s the royal okay”

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Christy42

Where is the lie? New York uses a different word for what he did than most people. It is just translating the "lingo" to what people actually refer to it as.

• Advertisement

My wife walking around certain countries alone would also be a criminal offence. Two men having sex in certain countries would be a crime. Gang raping women in certain countries is not a crime.

Laws are f**ked up. I dont agree with all laws in every country. But we cant say "that would be illegal here" because it is in itself a false equivalence.

If my wife cheats on me should we start telling her that she would be stoned to death in another country?

He wasnt found guilty of rape so he is not a rapist. That doesnt mean it is ok to be "just a sexual offender". That is disgusting by itself. That is a disgusting crime by itself. Trying to exaggerate just gives ammo for people to say you are wrong. Because mate, saying he is a rapist, is wrong. He is a sex offender which is disgusting. Call it what it is ffs.

He isnt a rapist he is a sex offender. By trying to say "sex offender" isnt big enough is in itself being flippant about how bad sexual assault is.

He isnt echoing Hitler. Just like Biden isnt a puppet for Obama.

Again most of the assassination attempts are aimed at one side.

It is a disgusting crime. It was rape.

Are you saying if your wife was raped in one of those countries, you wouldn't call it rape because it wasn't illegal?

Of course you would, don't waste your breath pretending otherwise as no one will believe you.

It doesn't matter if it is not illegal in some countries to gang rape. The scum carrying it out are still rapists and it is entirely valid to call them that for the vile act. They don't have to be convicted in a court in their country for that to be true.

It would still be rape morally, and in fact.

And if you think otherwise, that's entirely on you.

I will continue to make the valid statement of fact that Trump is a rapist, because that is what he did in act and in fact.
    Legalese games to the contrary are morally and intellectually bankrupt.

What lie! This is getting beyond silly at this stage, forget convictions, he raped her, he wasn't convicted of it, but he raped her. There is no lie there. That's all facts, so he is a rapist. He absolutely should have been convicted, but due to a bizarre law he wasn't, that doesn't mean he isn't a rapist it just means he isn't a convicted rapist.

Don't know where we go from here mate.

I guess we just disagree. But listen its all good. I gotta get going so that's the end of my part of the convo. I believe that for the most part you and the others are talking in good faith. I don't fault any of you for that. My one and only point has been consistent throughout the threads "why exaggerate?". That's it! Just because someone doesn't agree with an exaggeration, doesn't make them a white f'n supremacist.

Maybe one day we will be on a thread where we all agree. Who knows 😂 Take care you lot

End of his shift I guess.

We might never get the list of ten bad things that he thinks Trump actually did now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,436 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

• Registered Users Posts: 6,436 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

I don't think I'm clever at all, I just know you aren't.

He campaigned to lock her up, he didn't even attempt to lock her up. He has explained why he didn't, he's the former President of the USA, it's up to voters in the US whether they believe him or not…I'm just a paddy living in a dysfunctional country on the coast of Europe…

We do have skin in this game, Trump would be a disaster for us, and Biden would likely propel us to WW3 and/or a huge financial crash.

If I were living there, I'd probably be an RFK man. Although I do like JD Vance, so maybe that might swing it for me….

• Advertisement

"He campaigned to lock her up, he didn't even attempt to lock her up"

Super. We are agreed then. He's a liar. We shouldn't believe a word out of his mouth then.

You're an RFK man eh? Something he and trump have in common is a disregard for vaccines and a penchant for sexual assault of women. You should raise your standards of politicians.

Advertisement