If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.richersounds.ie and the law of unintended consequences...

• 05-07-2024 10:06am
    Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭

Happy Friday Richer Boardies,

just a quick note in case any of you are browsing our www.richersounds.ie website.

..we have issues…

We started a site upgrade yesterday to develop a VIP pricing and loyalty scheme on our site and let's just say, it's not going great…

We are aware of the pricing, display and VIP registration issues and we are working on them today, if we cannot resolve them during the course of the day we will roll the changes back until we get it right..

Please don't hesitate to contact the guys here on our Boards Forum, or via email at sales@richersounds.ie or myself johnmc@richersounds.ie or of course give us a shout at 0044.333.900.0070 anytime and we will happily do our best to resolve any issues.

Thanks as ever guys and hope you all have a great weekend,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Signing up for vip still not working? When i click on "register" nothing happens

• Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Droidman123,

we have regressively stripped back many of the features that were giving us issues this morning.

The VIP signup was to appear as a splash page when you first entered the site - this would give you £10 off your 1st order over £100 and other benefits - chiefly access to all the same VIP pricing on our GBP£ pricing that are available across on the .com site.

As we were having issues with this today (putting it mildly!), we have now made all the GBP£ VIP prices our standard price across the site, with one exception to allow us to continue to test on a Beta basis with limited exposure - so if you are signed in and check out the Samsung QE50Q80C GBP price it should allow you to purchase at £629 - if you are not signed up as a VIP it is £649..

If the splash page does not populate for you you can sign up using the normal 'Hello, Sign-in' link on the home page https://www.richersounds.ie/signin.aspx?returnurl=account.aspx%3f

We are still working on this upgrade and hope to be able to re-introduce the VIP benefits over the next few days, initially on the GBP pricing then across on our Euro pricing (although a significant amount of our standard Euro pricing is already cheaper than the GBP pricing!)

Thanks for the heads up..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Hi
    Is there still an issue with the website, as I dont see the 10€ off when I have an item in my basket (signed in as a VIP Member)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭ForestFire

I have the same question. Try to purchase item and registered for VIP, using the sterling pice and no 10euro reduction. Item is over 200euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭flyer_query

disappointed to see you choose the discount to new registrations (aka new emails). It’s very annoying for existing customers having to fund this. I’ll make a guess that £10 of the first order is more generous than the loyalty bonus so customers will just use new registrations creating junk data in your system.

So many companies have tried what you are trying then figured out it’s a huge waste of a large effort and leaves customers suspicious. Why not just offer good deals for everyone?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 4,488 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Thanks for the post @billbond4 and @ForestFire- we are still having a few issues with the website on VIP vouchers but we hope to have it up and running again soon.

If you want to place an order via the website and drop us an email to sales@richersounds.ie once placed I can retroactively add the £10/10 euro voucher to your purchase and refund it back to your card.

Kind regards

David

@Richersounds.ie: DavidS I'll take a look later tonight if I put an order in and then send an email.

Is there any offers on delivery, these days. The item is a small streaming amp - WiiM Amp.

Also do you have any experience on speakers for this amp. I'm planning on using RS6 speaker pair, I bought from you way back in 2006 as part of a 5.1 cinema set, that's not in use these days. (My thumping cinema days are over, for now at least in a semiD😔)

Will setup with just the 2 towers (compact setup), I think the sub with this system would be too big and too powerful anyway just music streaming. (No room anyway and it's up in storage at the moment)

Thanks for getting back to me ForestFire.

If you pay in euro delivery is included in the price and you should be able to get the 10 euro VIP registration discount as well as the website should be back up and running again.

The amp will power your RS6 speakers no problem - we have one on display powering a pair of outdoor Monitor Audio Climate speakers and it's quite a powerful amp for all the size of it.

Let me know if you have any issues with the order!

Kind regards

David

@Richersounds.ie: DavidS thanks I have put the order through now with no issues, receiving the VIP discount and Free delivery on the euro price.

Fantastic, thanks so much for the order ForestFire.

We'll get that processed and shipped out asap and if you need anything in the meantime please don't hesitate to drop us a post.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

sorry forgot to post last week, but Amp arrived in 2 days and spent last weekend getting the speakers and cables organised and setup, not had too much time with it yet but works perfectly with Rs6 speakers and my streaming apps.

Cheers

• Company Representative Posts: 17,323 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Happy Days that you are up and running.

Hopefully you get some time over the weekend to sit down and give things a good listen.

Thanks again for the business we really do appreciate it.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Flyer,

Thanks for your feedback which I'm sure is intended constructively and apologies for the delay getting back to you - I have been away and am just catching up on Boards now - really sorry that you are disappointed with our VIP scheme which we are starting to introduce locally, our GB Cousins across in Richer Sounds GB have operated a VIP scheme really successfully for many years.

This new VIP scheme is not funded by existing Customers but from our marketing budget.

We have always manually applied any prevailing VIP discount both for new Customers AND existing Customers and we update VIP pricing across our site on a daily basis to match the VIP pricing on the www.richersounds.com website

On your last point - we hope we really do offer good deals to everyone, both new and existing Customers, we offer a price beat for any ROI or UK retailer who offers a better price, (subject to the our standard T's and C's) - the VIP scheme is more than just a £10/10€ off the initial sale, we are also introducing other benefits including ongoing access to our 6 Year guarantees where available, extended opening hours for VIP's , VIP further discount off CLEARANCE and ex-display pricing and we will pay your parking while you shop with us…

Apologies again for the delay, I hope this explains the VIP Club a little better but of course I'm happy to reply to any issues that you have and we will do our best to assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.