Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭con747

Out of interest to see if the thread is gone like a lot on here lately I'm just posting to see. 🙄

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

• Advertisement

When I clicked on the bookmark last night it just brought me to a blank page, similar to other threads that needed to be either restarted or reset. It was only after I posted the above the thread started showing a post. I reported a similar issue here post #3623 in another thread.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Stuffed……..😀

Post edited by Planet X on

Chicken Dopiaza and rice with garlic ciabatta.

Tea time……Chickpea burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Chickpea burger… Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. Tell us more.

Also I'm seriously digging those onions.

• Advertisement

Chickpeas, cold soaked for 24 hours and ground, lightly, with Parsley, cumin, pinch of garam masala, chili flakes etc etc. The ground chickpeas will take a lot of additives. Frozen patties shaped in a chefs ring. Shallow fried in about a centimetre or whatever, of oil. The defrosted patties can be delicate to handle, tend to break if you’re not careful 😀.

Onions just dry fried in cast iron pan.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Sweet and sour chicken.

Spicy honey buttermilk chicken burger yesterday. Batter stayed attached which is a plus, double dredge, but there probably was a little too much of it if I'm being critical. Solid burger though.

Another one today for lunch.

Rigatoni with leeks, mushrooms and pancetta. And a lovely glass of red wine... sorry, beetroot juice (Rabenhorst).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Pasta all'ortana, full of veg and delicious. I overdid my pasta and it's the wrong pasta for the dish but we enjoyed it. Little bit left over for lunch today.

Continuing my healthy week, pork chops in a creamy mushroom sauce with mash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

looks comforting - and I adore anything with mushrooms

Spanish potato and chickpea stew (loosely based on the recipe below).

With spinach and canned mackerel (no way of making that look pretty), mixed seed topping.

https://leitesculinaria.com/108402/recipes-potato-and-chickpea-stew.html#wprm-recipe-container-372629

Post edited by igCorcaigh on

Enchiladas……

👆 Yuuuummm!! 🇲🇽

• Advertisement

Last of the potato and chickpea stew, with added pork. Plenty of pecorino and olive oil.

Apologies for the messy look!

Footie Food 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

Footie food comon Spain 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Grilled chili and lemon chilli chicken thighs. Kimchi. Fried cucumber with salt and lime. Thai rice.

First time making mac and cheese yesterday. Think I put in too much cheese (cheddar, parmesan, gruyere and gouda) as it was a little saucy, but tasty all the same. Didn't bake it as I would then have been late for a thing, maybe next time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

That looks great. I've never made a perfect mac and cheese. What's your recipe?

Cooked the pasta most of the way. Browned some lardons. Made a roux. Added milk, once thickened added the cheese in stages and some liquid smoke. Added milk since it was too thick and some white pepper. Added the pasta. Mix. Face.

Basically, I followed Kenji, but without the evaporated milk.

Probably would be nicer with the breadcrumbs and baked, but it sufficed. It's destroying my insides today mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Liquid smoke - interesting! Could you taste it in the sauce? Did it add much flavour? I'll have to try that out. I have to say I'm usually too impatient to wait for a mac and cheese to bake in the oven. And I don't see that it adds much to it apart from the crispy breadcrumbs.

I have never eaten Mac & Cheese!

The added step of baking it with breadcrumbs appeals to me though, to add a texture contrast...

What type of cheese(s) would be suitable? A mix of sharp mature cheddar and gruyère perhaps? Moz?

A mix of Dijon with the cheese sauce and a sprinkling of paprika on top? Hmm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Smoked gouda, a bit of mozz, some nice cheddar. And some nduja.

This works well in it

Advertisement