Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat 24/25

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,486 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Looking like it's better to go cheap on defense with the new system. Nearly impossible for a defender to get bonus points.

I'm deffo happier to go with three of Son, Saka, Palmer and Foden in midfield and Watkins, Isaak and somebody else like Havertz or Solanke up too than have either or both of Salah and EBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭dasa29

This is the team I picked yesterday, will probably change before start off the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Any good tips from the newly promoted teams?

Having Leicester back is like the old days! Half tempted to stick vardy in for the LOLs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

I only have BB, TC & Mystery Chip. FH gone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭chrisd2019

Vardy doesn't start every game and could be phased out this season. There's not many attacking options I like from Leicester, maybe Mavadidi.

Conor Chaplin is one I'd be looking at from Ipswich, he had a fair few goals and assists last season. He's a midfielder at 5.5. Leif Davis topped league 1 in assists the season before last and topped the championship last season. He's a defender at 4.5.

I'll be watching who Ipswich bring in, there could be another bargain to be had.

Southampton's best last season were pretty average in the Premier league so I wouldn't be gone on any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭dasa29

• Registered Users Posts: 9,753 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Just to confirm, fpl is uneffect by the global I.T. outage.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Yeah. You’re correct.

I suppose I was thinking that he may be very highly owned and therefore highly captained.

If Salah was gone then it feels more like a decision has to be made about owning Haaland. Salah might feel like an affordable safety net for most.

It would also hopefully mean that we would have more of a spread of captains.

I also don’t like Salah much.

Have they taken the draft game away from us ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Thanks.

Would never had found that on my phone.

Was listening to an fpl podcast this morning in the gym and it's changed my mind on a few things..

… was all set to go Haaland-less this season but they made thr good point about the amount of players who didn't feature in the euros or copa America that should hit the ground running after a full preseason versus those that are still on their holidays. Haaland, Salah, Son, even defenders like porro who wasn't in the Spain squad.

They also mentioned some Davies chap that plays left back for Ipswich. 18 assists last season and is 4.5m

This is my first attempt. I'm really keen on going cheap on defense to start the season.

I've two certain £4m starters in Faes and Harwood-Bellis. I'm gambling on Barco whose a massively talented kid at Brighton. Estupinan is out to start the season and he should get the start for the first couple of games at least. He might win the spot and he's also a challenger to Mitoma for the left spot further forward.

I watched this kid many times before he moved to Brighton. I'm predicting very big things for him.

I love Mattsen after watching him with Dortmund last season and Davis has to be picked after leading league 1 two seasons ago and the championship last year in assists.

My midfield is very strong I think my only concern is whether Martinelli gets the starts. If he doesn't I'll go cheaper to replace him and improve the defense if need be.

Up top I've last years top points scorer and Isaak who improved as the season wore on. I've Havertz there at the moment but that can change at any time to Nunez, Solanke, Toney and others.

I'd appreciate opinions on my thoughts on defense and the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Draft #1

Raya 4m

Anderson Burn Mykelonko Konsa 4m

Salah Gordon Foden A.Pereira 4.5m

Haaland Isak J.Pedro

Pereira the main weaklink. Foden not in many drafts but like their fixtures and can just see him recreating last season's form (despite a poor euros). Few options: Foden to Eze and Anderson to TAA, or J.Pedro to Darwin.

What I like most is that you have a clear strategy re spending less on defence.

With that in mind I don’t see the value in a 5.0m GK. Also, if I was going to spend 5.0m on just one defender it would be a tried and tested FPL scoring defender and even at that I think I’d prefer a 4.5m like Andersen or Mykolenko.

I don’t like your strong front 8 but only because I don’t like having that weekly headache as to who to bench.

If you did go for a 4.5m GK and defender then you could shift Garnacho and Havertz and have 15.5m for those two slots. So you could have a 10m and 5.5m combo (so your 5.5m could be worthy of first sub) or an 11m and 4.5m combo. You’d most likely end up with some money in the bank with the latter option and that’s not a bad thing either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,383 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

My first draft:

Pope/Petrovic

Munoz (strong finish to last season)/Barco (agree with Eagle Eyes assessment)/ Maatsen (good value)/ Ait-Nouri/Davis

Foden/Palmer/Eze/Garnacho/E.Anderson (gambling on him doing an Elanga from last year)

Isak/Watkins/Gakpo (gambling on new manager bounce unlocking his Netherlands form).

Happy enough to begin with, with a bit of wiggle room to upgrade where needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

I wouldn't be getting Petrovic in - Chelsea look set to sign a keeper before the start of the season

I had no Liverpool player in my draft but with Ipswich in gw1, that has to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong with this one!! A few big hitters in there, plus a few gambles….

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Don't think Mainoo is a great FPL asset (though great player imo) and Hojlund is a wait and see especially with Zirkzee in the mix now too - could downgrade to somebody like cunha or wood and upgrade mainoo (Bruno G, Bailey, Brennan Johnson etc)

Post edited by caviardreams on

You must be a man united fan. I can think.of no other reason why you would have 3 man united players in your dream. And I'm.not having a dig. I'm a spurs fans myself and I've made the same mistake many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Correct, I've fallen into this trap before.

Will make some changes

I wouldn't have any United players to start with. You've an injury prone defender, a midfielder you wouldn't expect to be involved in attacking returns very often and a striker whose done very little.

This isn't last year so having two Arsenal at the back would be a no, no for me to start the season.

Winks isn't going to do anything, he mightn't even get a start. João Pedro was a big disappointment for Brighton last season, he hadn't done enough to be in your team.

Cucurella was great in the Euros but he's not guaranteed to start for Chelsea with Chilwell and Colwill also there.

Do your two keepers alternate? If you are going to have Raya then a guy whose got home fixtures when Arsenal face City, Liverpool and the other top teams is the way I'd go.

I don't think it's a good idea to have Haaland and Salah, you are leaving yourself too weak in my opinion.

Pedro scorer something like 17 goals last season across all competitions which the same as Son and Nunez I read somewhere (but don't quote me on that).

But only 9 of those where EPL. But he is on penalties (if he starts that is). Could be a decent cheapie option but comes with risks attached.

Harry Winks = the new "two points Tom Carroll."

• Advertisement

Been listening to more FF podcasts this week but they are way too long. 60, 80, 90 mins long each.

Anyone got any recommendations for something shorter. I'm looking for something that will give a quick recap of recent friendlies, talk about the new rules. A lot of the ones about at the moment are reviews of draft teams ahead of the new season and the rationale behind the selections but jesus they don't half waffle on and on.

Advertisement