Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a zero refugee policy? - *Read OP for mod warnings and threadbans - updated 11/5/24*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

And so what if it’s declining?

The earth needs to slow down population growth if we are to tackle climate change.

Why the need to increase our population??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,202 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Poor people do bang out sprogs in higher numbers, always have

• Registered Users Posts: 9,278 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

It's true. Rome is still full of weirdos.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jul/22/humanae-vitae-catholic-birth-control-ban-fifty-years

Papal declaration that artificial birth control is inherently wrong continues to affect lives of the most vulnerable.

According to the Guttmacher Institute, 214 million women of reproductive age in developing countries who want to avoid pregnancy do not have access to modern contraceptives; most are in sub-Saharan Africa and southern Asia.

https://populationmatters.org/news/2022/01/from-pulpit-to-politics-the-catholic-churchs-influence-on-reproductive-rights/

The Catholic Church’s efforts to restrict reproductive rights are perhaps most detrimental in Africa, where Catholicism is growing faster than on any other continent. European colonisers imported their versions of Christian patriarchy to their African colonies. 

The Catholic Church is also a major source of healthcare and education in many African countries, allowing it to spread its views and restrictions on sexual and reproductive rights.

Pope Benedict XVI repeatedly warned during his visits to Africa that condoms worsen the Aids crisis, stating that “the fabric of African life, its very source of hope and stability, is threatened by… a contraception mentality.”

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

We were just saying who asked that gammon faced idiot on , and not just Joan Burton !

He is toxic . Never a decent thought in his head about anything

Interesting that you like him .

Yer man Spice Bag talked way more sense .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭MegamanBoo

Seemingly it's to a large degree a survival mechanism.

Children and parents do better in these circumstances if they've a larger family who'll look out for each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,278 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

25 of the 28 high-fertility (more than 5 children per woman) countries are in Africa. 

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

I'm surprised the knife attacks don't seem to have been mentioned here today.

Making the international news too.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/jul/17/asylum-seekers-in-dublin-reportedly-attacked-by-people-with-knives

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

So yes . Lots more Catholic babies in Africa and making sure to keep AIDS rumbling on .

Catholic form of population control maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Advertisement

Anyone remember when people on this thread used to pretend their anti-immigration movement was about protecting the tourist industry.

Well when half the hotel rooms in the country are unavailable for long periods it kills tourism. Which in turn kills local.business relying on tourists spend8ng in their shops etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,617 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Asylum is destroying social cohesion in the country.

The government have created this mess, they've sponsored it, and allowed it to fester.

Things are going to continue to get progressively worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭tastyt

Great to hear Viktor Orban say that no amount of money is enough for them to take asylum seekers and put their children and grandchildren at risk , it’s such a pity we and most western Euro countries don’t have leaders with the same strength . We are totally lost and are changing our country to an extent that it will never be the same again .

You really have to ask the question why our government have totally stopped listening to local communities and their concerns and fears ? They have a total disregard for their own people and all that matters is young foreign illegal men and finding somewhere for them to live . It is going to do irreversible damage to our beautiful country .

They don’t share our beliefs , they don’t share our customs , they don’t even know what Ireland is or was nor do they care . They will never be Irish . And worst of all they believe that women are inferior and should be controlled in how they act , what they wear , who they should marry . All these young men will be looking for sex , where will they find it in a small village like Dundrum in county Tipperary ?

it doesn’t work anywhere in the world and it never will , send them back before they turn our beautiful country into a shithole like the ones they came from

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Leeds is being burnt by mobs now…

"Newly elected Leeds councillor Mothin Ali spotted among the crowd in the ongoing riots in Harehills, Leeds.

The crowd have been attacking police, and have overturned a police vehicle, smashing its windows.

Pro-Palestine councillor Mothin Ali previously defended the October 7th attack on Israel, saying Palestinians had a right to ‘fight back.’"

This really is not going to end well, wtf were the UK people thinking voting this thug labour govt in that will make this issue 10x worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Leeds a nice look at where we will end up

Post edited by batman_oh on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

**** church Man. African doesn't have a food crisis it has a population crisis. Take a look at Madagascar from the 80's to now and the projections going forward.. scary.

But sure as long as Christianity can stay ahead of Islam in total numbers we'll be grand. If Africa's population stabilised the pressure of refugees, IPA's and immigrants trying to reach Europe would ease greatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭sekiro

Are you actually trying to pretend that the impact on tourism isn't one of several issues here?

It should be pretty obvious that making loads of hotel rooms, that would normally be paid for by tourists, unavailable and then using taxpayer money to purchase them for unemployed people to stay in for an unknown period of time is not a sustainable approach.

It's just a fact that this will negatively affect the tourist industry. Regardless of the alleged motivation for pointing out that fact it still remains a fact.

The Irish taxpayer is essentially paying for tourists not to come here but anyone noticing this can't mention it for fear of being branded racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭giseva

I've been to Paris, Frankfurt, and Rome recently, and I was in Dublin City last week. They all look and feel the same. Filthy, unsafe kips. When I'm not looking at groups of young men just hanging around, I'm looking at burkas. Where's the assimilation? Where's the integration?

Why is it the host nation must assimilate and integrate but those claiming asylum, genuine or economic, don't seem to have the slightest interest in doing the same, and adopting the host nations culture. I'm speaking generally and of course there are people who find themselves in other countries and make that place their home, positively contributing etc.

But, forgetting about asylum seeking families for a second, there are evidence based studies, as argued multiple times in EU parliament by the "far right", if you place, or fail to stop, thousands of men with very different beliefs to Europeans, into towns, villages and communities, that may very well have problems of their own already, crime rates rise. It's factual. Sexual assaults rise. Murder rates rise. Yes elements of German, French, Swedish, Dutch, and Irish societies and so on commit crimes, but does adding migrants non-stop to the mix help?

I don't know what the answer is. But I don't see how communities benefit from the influx of migrant men into sleepy rural villages or disadvantaged areas with very little to offer the people already living there.

As a father, I'm concerned for the futures of my children with the rise of leftist ideals and the "we'll all hold hands in utopia" dreams.

Bad people exist. People of low IQ and low morale standings exist. People who see woman as objects for their pleasure and nothing else exist. Name a single country that has become stronger through taking in uncontrolled levels of migrants. Big business for the NGOs and hoteliers and to hell with the rest of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

It's only a matter of time before we need to deal with this.

Will the Garda deal with them with violence.? And pepper spray.?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Because the Tories are just as bad. They had 14 years to make a difference and did nothing, for all their big talk and bluster.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Where's the assimilation? Where's the integration?

Why should there be assimilation, why should they have to integrate?

What you're espousing is an extremist far-right ideology.

Not only do we need to respect these outside traditions, we need to nurture and develop them. If we don't do it, we're worst than Hitler.

Well then we've very different views on what constitutes far-right. Why do countries have flags? We've already lost our language. There's not a whole lot left! If I want to preserve and promote my heritage I'm far-right? Is the lad in the Aras far-right? He loves a bit of Irishness, infact he's made a career out of it. MD loves our culture, our history, he must be a big racist eejit then.

Hitler, really? I believe in live and let live, and I'm against oppression in all forms, mine, yours and the oppression of those seeking asylum. I also believe in common sense.

Nurture other cultures and to hell with your own, got it. Why wouldn't you want to integrate into the way of life of a nation that is providing you asylum?

Of the lengthy post I wrote, it's funny what you responded to. Let me guess, that makes you far-left? Is that how this works?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭highpitcheric

Im sure that biblical morality and Catholic teachings are whats keeping those African men from putting a bag on their how do you do.

Seek your asylum by all means, but when you reach your safe destination, respect that countries laws, culture and population.

I find people fleeing persecution, which is quite often religion based, then pushing or promoting that same way of life that had them flee in the first place all a bit strange.

Some cultures just don't want to integrate no matter what country they set up shop in, and it's mind boggling that those of a left persuasion just don't get that, or seem to care at all!

If you want to pray to a purple ostrich or some lad in a book that's your own business, but it'd be nice if religious extremists stayed where they are and didn't infect Europe. Unfortunately, and looking at the riots in the UK tonight thanks to multiculturalism, I fear little old Ireland's best days are behind her.

We've problems of our own here, deep rooted, maybe a hangover from hundreds of years of oppression and then all the misery and alcoholism and drugs and church scandals, economic issues and housing crisis. How do we improve things? How do we get a handle on a fractured society and areas riddled with feral youths and people struggling in a cost of living crisis? We import bus loads of men, (because I sure as **** never see any women or children among them) into communities desperate to be heard only to get a metaphoric slap in the face from their government. And if they object? Just label them all far-right and send in the Public Order Unit, and if you've seen the videos you know they get the job done, nobody too old or too young!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

They should stick them in wealthier areas thou. Better resources, services. Also highlight the complete farce this crap is too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Well inviting them in with own door accommodation within 10 mins like some gobshite did. Doesn't help.

• Advertisement

Go. To poppintree parkrun. Have a look at how the sanctuary runners group have made a difference in their local community.

Then have a look at Leeds.

That's Why assimilation is important.

Advertisement