Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 citizen1110

Collecting my MY this week. Have been looking up some inspection checklists ahead of it, want to make sure I give it a good once over before leaving with it. Any advice or tips for common issues specific on the Y that folks have heard or seen when collecting their own car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭lau1247

Curious thought, is there any way to send feedback/suggestion to Tesla?

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭rx8

In the App,if you go in to Service, you can ask a question. Maybe get some info there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭joe1303l

If it’s to do with customer service, you’d be better off to find a nice stone wall and talk to that.

Tried that, the Chat bot from Ask A Question is worse than useless..

I did a bit of googling earlier, saw someone mentioned in forum posts that emailing them (ideas@tesla.com) worked.

Anyway fired off an email to ask them to consider implementing seat adjustment controls on the screen for those times where the front passenger fell asleep and this would allow the driver to adjust the seat to a more comfortable position without the need to crawl over. Can't see why it is not possible. Anyway we will see how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭eagerv

Not sure about the falling asleep passenger, but would be very handy for adjusting the seat for elderly passengers who are unable to adjust themselves for easy exit/entry, or just making the seat more comfortable for them.

Yeah, more or less the same thing really.. hopefully they take it on board.. I guess we'll see if they implement it or not in future update.. one can hope 😄

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The motors are in the seat.
    the switch is connected to the motors.

I wouldn’t hold my breath on being able to control them from the screen IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭jlang

I wouldn't expect the feature to be implemented but it should be possible. The driver profile based seat setup and easy entry features require there to be a path for control/comms between the computer system and the seat motors.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭JOL1

Hardly a feature that will make its way up the priority list within Tesla ..to cater for passengers who fall asleep and where the driver wants to independently adjust the passengers seat to make them more comfortable (aside from any safety considerations)! I would not hold your breath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Ir3

surely the fact the rear screen in a M3H can do this means it wouldn’t be that difficult.

I would think this is an easy win for Tesla, with little difficulty to implement.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Actually now that you mention it, I think I overlooked that. So maybe it is technically possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Enhance Auto s3xy buttons / knob offer some basic functionality on passenger seat adjustments, recent enogh feature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,029 ✭✭✭✭josip

Yes, but only for the driver's seat. To replicate for the passenger side would require additional cabling and nickel and dime Musk ain't gonna spend nuttin extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

But it can be implemented in software as I have mentioned above, enhance auto have found a way to do it via their add ons which essentially just sit on the canbus

Go to 1 min 50 approx below

https://youtu.be/RU6LvhEN6m0?t=110

https://enhauto.com/button-functions

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭md23040

Have a MY RWD 2024 model and whilst on cruise control the car phantom braked in heavy traffic on the motorway and nearly caused an accident. On another part of the motorway with no obstruction and very light traffic the car did it again. Renegaged cruise control and it did it again. This is really dangerous. Has anyone experience of this happening to them. Have raised a service ticket with Tesla and shocked this actually happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Need more information to be able to determine what happened. Did a car beside you enter your lane, were you going under a bridge, did the speed limit change, are the cameras dirty etc... Many things can cause this.

Best way to use the ACC is to keep your weight on your heel and be ready to tap the accelerator if required.

Many things can happen.. I find that you normally have to keep an eye out for the following situations:

1. If there is car that appear like they will cut into your lane (going in same direction) from the side, it could trigger it. Although this is not as common in my experience.
    2. If there is car that appear like they will cut into your lane (perpendicular to your direction of travel) even if it they stop appropriately to wait for you to get by at the junction, this is the major one. If you see one coming, you need to be prepared to take over.
    3. No clear lane marking. This is especially true when the road split somewhat evenly and the car cannot interpret which side to go. It is not so much an issue if in the situation of turn off like a motorway, you can generally overcome it with stepping on the accelerator a little and it will force the car to go straight.
    4. If the road is marked but really wide, it will do a sudden braking too.. There is one stretched of road for about 500m at Portnashangan just before the Mullingar in the Dublin direction, I always turn it off just before I get there as it happened twice before.
    5. I find that if there is some form of heavy vehicle with orange flashing light (like one of those yellow crane truck, etc), that seems to also trigger it.
    6. Is your window reasonably clean?
    7. I noted sometimes the navigation system is confused.. I'd be on a stretch of 100km/h road and it thinks that it is on a 50km/h or 30km/h road so slowed it down considerably.. There is no way you can counter this other than having your foot nearby the accelerator ready at all times.
    8. This one although not ACC cruise control related but the car is very sensitive to pedestrians even though you would judge it as ample of space.

I agree, the sudden braking is often quite dangerous. Recognising the above helps reduce the number of incidents but I do often wonder to myself, does the car behind me think that I'm brake checking them for no apparent reason. They must be thinking WTF is this A** doing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

The classic Tesla weakness is coming to the crest of a hill into low sun, that's its weakest area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭jiminho

What’s anyone’s opinion on holding out for the Juniper? We’re a low mileage family but our 5008 is starting to feels its age and wondering whether to get the Model Y now or hold out until next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭User1998

Well financially it’s almost always better to hold on to your current car for as long as possible. But the Model Y refresh hasn’t even been announced yet and will obviously start shipping in the US and other LHD countries before it comes here so you may be waiting a very long time

Nothing obvious about shipping to US and other LHD countries first. Model 3 refresh was available to RHD at same time as other markets and came from Shanghai, notably also ahead of availability in US. Mod Y is currently produced in Shanghai, Germany and US so its not evident that RHD markets will be delayed. As to timing of availability ..thats another question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

I assume Juniper will mean no more steering wheel stalks (like the M3), so personally, I’m aiming to get a Model Y before those are gone! I wouldn’t mind that rear screen for the kids though…

also can anyone tell me why these two numbers are different? I’ve literally selected no extra options. I must be missing something obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

The one at the bottom is the price, other one is always a little off due to VRT or something.

thank you! Yes I think you are right. It’s minus the grant plus the VRT and some other bits.

also, when ordering, it mentions “delivery”. I assume delivery is something that only happens in the US right? 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭jlang

No. Tesla do or can offer to deliver your new car to your house. Ask them while you're waiting if you're interested. Arrives on the back of a tow truck and you sign for it like any other package after showing your driver licence ID.

Confuses many. The headline rate is price beore adjustments for a) VRT (+3,913) and b) SEAI Grant (-3,500)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭eagerv

On the base Model 3 the final price is actually less than the Headline price. I think it was similar on the Model Y before the grant reduction. It is a little confusing till you get the hang of it.

Advertisement