Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

150KTubs - future career in Virgin Radio and other soulful pursuits **Mod: Read OP**

Options
1152153154155156158»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Now that's a YouTube series....

"Wagwan fams.... ! Don't adjust your device, it is I, Ryan Tubridy, speaking to you from Hackney where I am meeting "Zish" to learn how to speak "Roadman"......... A curious dialect that is incomprehensible to the uninitiated. I should be OK though, I did once visit Tallaght on the Luas! Ho ho ho ho!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

I love it.

Someone give that poster a production deal.

Post edited by Bellbottoms at

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭HBC08

I never purposed listened to his show,but did have to endure it a few times in dentist waitrooms etc.I did watch him on the Late Late a few times,thankfully that is avoidable now with him on some UK Internet backwater.

I did in the past hear him sh1te on about aspiring the learn Irish. This bugged me a bit because like a lot of things in life Tubs wanted the end result without the work.The fact he cant even get the name right doesn't surprise me.

He's a charmless simpleton, it's great to see it exposed so much these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Exactly.

He got so used to mentioning an item, be it a food, a book, etc and having it sent to him FOC that he probably assumes if he says he wants to learn Irish then it'll just happen rather than him having to actually take the time to go to classes or immerse himself in a community to learn it. Remember Ed Bishop was practically fluent in Irish after about 6 or 7 months living among Irish speakers? But no, Tubs would never do that, too much effort needed.

Didn't he also claim he wanted to learn the guitar after being gifted one? I'm sure he's done nothing about that too.

Advertisement