Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA 2K23

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

I very rarely get any holes in 1.

5 eagles in one round is mad stuff.

I know there was a big score (think it was -60) for the winner of the recent major.

Are there any considerations for making the playing conditions harder for a major ?

Something that suits the major we are playing ?

So for the British Open maybe super fast/hard fairways and greens ?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭joficeduns1

Yeah 5 eagles is stupid really, can't rely on that!

I say crank up the wind and rain for Troon, let's have a proper Scottish test. I did a practice round of the course earlier and it played fairly easily so I'm up for making it trickier.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Romero

Yeah I can do that if you want lads but do you want wind and rain on for all rounds

And same for super hard and fast fairways and greens.

Also if you want a small entry fee?

Post edited by Romero on

I’m easy.

Wet and windy or dry as a bone.

I think wet (soft course) will only effect distance and that’s not really a problem for any of us.

Windy is obvious.

Dry and very firm I think has to be harder by virtue of the continued rolling of the ball and especially when trying to hit fairways. You could throw wind into this equation too.

Yeah maybe one wet day and then up the wind/green speeds all round. Could throw in an light round just for variety.

Entry fee is all good, I'm sitting on loads of in-game currency.

• Advertisement

Well changes made, this might go disastrously wrong but we will use it as an experiment as I don't know if the changes will make it unplayable. Put the entry fee to 50.

Anything info you want from me let me know

Did you go for fast and dry or wet and windy ?

I mixed up the conditions day one will be wet and windy and tried to play with the green fairway settings based on the weather on different days

Just so we are all ok here are the settings if you think they are OTT then let me know and I'll dial it back a bit

They are fine and definitely not OTT.

• Advertisement

what console are you guys using ?

I’m thinking of buying a ps5 for when they release 2k24.

I do think we should always use the longest tees as otherwise it can feel like a lot of sub 120 yards on approach shots which is just a pitch in.

The longer the course the higher the score should be.

Post edited by fplfan12345 on

I'm on a PS5 myself, suits me fine. The occasional stutter on the first hole (drive usually, sometimes approach) if I speed up play too quickly but flawless otherwise.

Agree on playing the longer tees mostly, although playing for green placement is fun.

PS5 here as well. There is a rumoured PS5 pro out around November this year it might lead to a price drop on the standard PS5, if getting a PS5 i'd get one with a disc drive as there is not much in a price difference and you don't want to be locked into the digital store. I picked up this game for €20 new in Smyths whilst it was still €50 on the PSN store.

As for longest tees I think shorter tees can be a challenge but trying to figure out clubs or irons on the shorter holes can be a challenge.

I think we can see how this weekend goes and on future events I can make it the two longest tees.

Yeah. Owning the physical thing you want is the only way.

Have had many occasions where albums just disappear on iTunes and it’s been a nightmare replacing them. I have huge regret for selling any of my physical music

I’ve always been happy to wait 2-3 years before upgrading my games console. It’s obviously much cheaper to buy and great second hand deals that will include games.

Also, you have 2-3 years of game reviews so rarely buy a stinker. The games are obviously greatly reduced in price second hand too.

So I take it you will buy the next version of this game when it comes out? Have you tried EA PGA Tour?

Yes I will buy the next version for sure.

There is room for improvement. They will hopefully overhaul how you can interact with replays of shots. Like changing camera angles as the shot replays. There are other improvements I’m hopeful for too.

I can’t remember playing EA PGA Tour but I know it was slated in reviews so maybe I didn’t even buy it.

Troon playing on track for a -60 win. Fangee on -30 thru 30 holes is unreal!

You guys are too good at this game 😲

Post edited by Romero on

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Sinbad311

• Advertisement

Enjoyed the buzz of playing in the British Open (yes it is, let’s the Brits fight their own battles).

Shame the score got so low though and also a shame it wasn’t me that scored it 😁.

Well done Fiddy. Proper consistent scoring.

I’ll be all out now to try and win the next two majors.

Also surprised at the ease of scoring given some of the conditions. Weirdly, Tatooine and the rest of the locations in the current event plays much trickier (for me anyway!). The greens are a bit deceptive, but it's a fun couple of rounds.

Maybe we need to move up from the Pro-Am settings, it's frustrating to see how easy you guys are finding some of these courses. It looked like to me the shorter tee positions caused more reasonable scoring on first two rounds.

Heading on holidays around the August bank holiday, if there are any courses you would like to play or previous ones you enjoyed or found challenging please let me know and I will load them up on the schedule.

Advertisement