Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dee Forbes banging the RTE TV licence drum again 60m uncollected fee *poll not working - pl ignore*

Options
1428429430431432434»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

So when people continue to refuse paying their TV licence as a form of protest the government will just top up the shortfall ?

So why would anyone pay their TV licence ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,438 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

This is why I'd be surprised if they kept the current licence fee system collected by An Post, even if they're going with some form of 'mandatory' charge…

• Registered Users Posts: 7,384 ✭✭✭Tow

I wonder how much it costs to run the 'Advertising Department' versus the amount of money it brings in?

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

If they don’t have your name and you don’t answer the door to an inspector (which you are under no obligation to) then there is nothing they can do about a licence not being registered at your address AFAIK. I wouldn’t even send the ‘householder’ addressed letters back return to sender. Straight into the bin.

I don’t see their powers to investigate of compel people to get a licence changing in the new legislation. It will still be based around having ‘a television capable of receiving a signal’ which was fine in the 60’s but with so many more options these days, it is completely antiquated.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Advertisement