Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭gilly1910

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but I would have to disagree. There are no defined seasons anymore in Ireland, it just seems to be an average of between 5 ands 15 degrees all year round, with the odd few hotter days in our so called Summer thrown in, and the odd few colder days in Winter/Spring. Add in the fact that it rains a lot, with a very high percentage of dull grey days, and it's not the most appealing climate in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

fierce mild altogether. Warm rain here. It’s actually nice to go out for a walk in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Pointless fact of the day but whilst Ireland 30C is uncommon, it seems to be attracted to the date 19th July for some reason. This century so far, 30C has been seen on this date in this country in 2006, 2013, 2016, 2021 and 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,322 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Keem would have been absolutely class yesterday. It was a gorgeous afternoon/evening with a beautiful moon late on. Can I ask - was it crowded there?

The Swiss tourists are lucky they came to the west coast this July which has been very dry - they'd be stuck in the campervan last year.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

kind of funny in a black humour sort of way,

someone mentioned the golf in Scotland and the coats the spectators were wearing while it was 28c in S England, this is as normal as the sun rising in the east and setting in the west.
    Remember easterlies in July and August that could keep that muck out in the Atlantic are about as common as easterlies in January and February. The sunniest weather in Ireland tends to be the April to June period when northern blocking is quite common.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Thunder87

Not sure where in Dubin you are but it sounds like a different country to where I am, dark, overcast and very windy in D13. Mild at least

• Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Needmoretea

It's a warm day in Dublin and when the sun breaks through its quite pleasant! It's a change from the cool breezes we had been having and I feel like it's actually summer, even with all the cloud. I won't complain this time 🙂

Ooh how long is that run? It's lovely when you're not doing anything too active but running is hard going!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭mcburns07

The never ending breeze is predictably never ending in Cork. Oh and its grey slate skies again, quelle surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Dull, warm, humid, and quite breezy in Maynooth. It's OK but I'd give anything for blue skies.

Horrible humidity in the house since yesterday - a losing battle despite two dehumidifiers running. Usually this battle would start earlier in the summer, but we've had such dry cool weather it was perfect until yesterday. High humidity really makes me feel awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,220 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭boetstark

Plus a terrible climate for anybody unfortunate to have respiratory conditions especially CF.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a lovely day here in Meath, milky sunshine and 22C, one of the best days of the entire summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

The sun is out now in Maynooth, but it is windy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Some hazy glimpses of sunshine, rain on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Blue skies and sun now appearing in Dublin 8…very warm again

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Thunder87

Turned into a pleasant enough day in Dublin, still too windy and plenty of cloud about but one of the few days this year I'd describe as genuinely 'summer-like'.

Looking at models it looks like we might see a couple more days like this with brief waves of warm air spilling over us in the week ahead, nothing to write home about but an improvement on the grim first half of the month at least

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭pauldry

Holy hell. Tomorrow could be one of the wettest days of the year here in Sligo. Wel see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭pureza

31c here in London at the moment with beautiful Gin blue skies

Its mad the difference only an hours flight away from Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Cracking day here in kells. Warm breeze with hazy sunshine.

I'm just after clipping scrub underneath the electric fences and the sweat is pouring out of me. I'm sitting on the decking having a 7up to revive me before tackling the lawn. My petrol lawnmower broke at the beginning of the season so I bought a bosch 38G push lawnmower to keep the grass down. The petrol yoke is still in the shed and I'm mowing without petrol or noise or a box all year so far. Best thing ever for a small to medium size lawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

an odd day in Dublin … as gloomy as ever in the morning, very windy in the middle of the day and now quite calm with warm sunshine through the cirrus, 22.2c

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

My car was saying 25 in Dublin now...beautiful weather..a little windy but will take this...bbq time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭pauldry

Raining in Sligo at mo. 17c

Every day is the same. Except yesterday.

Brilliant, 5km is my limit and that is a struggle especially on a warm day, but that is possibly for another thread 🙂Lovely hazy warm sunny day now!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ascophyllum

Yesterday was beautiful and very warm for a few hours on the west coast but its 14° now with rain and wind. It feels much colder.

This must be record breaking now to have a pattern of w-nw airflow persist for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,322 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Just back from a 4 miler (old school). Running in the light rain - hasn't happened for quite a while and it was refreshing. I always run after work on a Friday to wash away the nonsense in my head.

Rain better pass through before my tee time tomorrow.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭adocholiday

I think we're getting shafted down in South Wicklow! Mist all morning again and when it cleared off it was replaced with a cool breeze. Tried sitting out after work but the breeze is too cool to be enjoyable. Another day stuck indoors tomorrow too it's very annoying. There better be a decent spell at some point in August, September is too late

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Joanna on rte weather saying a possibility of a High pressure building in next weekend but that's still a long way off , here's hoping anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭mojesius

It wasn't crowded at all yesterday. A few around but it was a lot busier on Monday (and Sunday obviously). I'd say a lot who were camping etc. were a bit put out by the weather on Tues and particularly Weds and left. We found if you get down to Keem on a decent day before noon, you can get a space handy enough in the car park. Obviously, those times might change on a scorcher of a day!

Advertisement