Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump the Megathread part II - threadbans and mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Could you imagine the conservative hysteria if this was the Democratic nominee? I don't think we'd ever hear the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭drury..

It's truly bizarre people wearing ear bandages

• Registered Users Posts: 82,950 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

they’re the same people who refused to wear face masks ‘because we aren’t sheep’

Baaaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

A lost opportunity - for a guy who’s supposedly famous for “the art of the deal” , he had a golden chance last night to seize precious ground from the Democrats and really convince the swing voters that he was a man worthy of the presidency - a more tacky image you couldn’t have created - even acknowledging Trump was very good in 2016 at targeting “certain” voters with his rants and whatnot, this is red-neck level of entertainment and he’s already onboarded most of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

This can't be real life. That whole circus last night was like something out of a film that people would take the piss out of for being too ridiculous. Newstalk had someone interviewing people at the convention a couple of days ago and at least one of them was going on about how Trump was sent by god. The whole thing is just completely insane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,475 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I always feel Americans get what they deserve. They deserve Trump or a decrepit Biden.

There was no attempt by either party to address two 80 odd year olds bring the lead candidates once again.

Meanwhile other powerful nations globally must be cracking up hysterically watching them fight internally.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

My Ear Pillow Guy should start shilling mini ear pillows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

It took about 10 mins into his speeches and rants last night before he “returned to form”- a huge mistake in my view.

Good point about the VPs- never before have the VPs been so important in an election given the age of the Presidential candidates - Regan was the last one who was significantly older - he had Bush - I’m wondering will voters be thinking what a lot of us are thinking- not do I want Trump /Biden as president, but do I want their VP to become my president- it’s probably unprecedented but it’s a reality

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Biden also rang the family after the shooting.

At that time, and perhaps since, Trump did not.

• Advertisement

This is bananas...

Mind you, them getting a stunner from Stone Cold might explain a few things...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Surprised Vince McMahon didn't take the opportunity speak biggly about The Donald and use it as a vehicle to attack the DOJ investigation onto his sex trafficing allegations he would fit right in there.

He will want a pardon from The Donald if he gets elected again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭techdiver

Rue Trump fans have gone quiet as there is no way you can spin any of that other than calling it what it is. Absolute batshit crazy. As others have says above you would say that it is too on the nose if it was a slapstick comedy.

This is America now lads. An empire in decline. The Chinese and Russians are laughing their masses off.

Reminds me of The Boyz

Saying **** they cannot possibly believe but because jimbob McTrailerpark and his three alley wives will

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Rawr

Also you’d have all of the extreemist mega-church TV Networks lining up to get her on to describe the «Trump Shoulder Angel» to them. These are the kinds of channels that often get Mike Lindell to visit. Doesn’t even matter if Margorie 3-Names knows damned well that she’s lying (and I bet you she does), that won’t get in the way of them trying to make pro-MAGA content, dress it as «religion» and still somehow claim Tax-exampt status.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭techdiver

That's the audience they are playing to. Like how anyone can actually believe Trump is religious or Gods choice is so funny. I bet even the like of MTG know this (although maybe I'm giving her too much credit) but just plays up to the crowd.

I'd have more respect for these cultists if they just came out and admitted that Trump is a scumbag but they'll support him because he'll ban abortion, put immigrants back in their place and "own the libtards".

The democrats need to take responsibility for his second wave popularity also. They've leaned into too many fringe left causes. Seeing Biden tweet about trans issues makes me laugh as much as the Trumpers as there is no way he believes what his twitter admins are tweeting. They have overestimated how much support there is for these fringe issues and that only annoys the sensible people in the middle, who might still not vote for Trump, but might stay at home this time and not vote for Biden.

A lot of this parallels with the rise in the "idiots version of a genius" epidemic that is happening at the moment. The right (and to be fair the left also) have unearthed many well spoken ideologs that whilst good at debating are still at the back of it the same spreaders of misinformation on the web. Think Shapiro, Walsh, Knowles etc on the Daily Wire, added to the empty vessels like Dana White (how a guy like that gotten so much notoriety confuses me). These guys have huge followings and are quite good at latching onto fringe issues in a "look at what the liberals are trying to do". Look back to the Bud Light disaster (braindead move on their part), to see the power this movement has. This then extends into the proliferation fringe or unproven science being push onto the masses (thin carnivore diet, vaccine conspiracies etc) from the likes of White and Peterson, who have been taken in by these grifters pretending to be experts in the area of health like struck off doctors and guys like Gary Brecka. It's all linked.

To put your "fringe issues" in context, I bet you any money there's more cases of trans people in the US than there is of election fraud.

Dozy Don

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

But I think techdriver is ultimately right, I remember a time when liberals used to love quoting Bill Clintons “it’s the economy stupid “. Have they forgotten this? If you’re gay, trans, want an abortion or want to use whatever toilet you want, ultimately you have to live day to day in the country. It seems like things are being driven too much by idiots shouting at people and holding crappy hand drawn signs.
    These days it’s seems that people are more willing to vote against certain things they don’t like.
    Democrats number one priority should now be winning local and state level elections, it’s not good enough to call everyone who votes against them stupid or racist.

My point (which you missed) was that Republicans push their "fringe issues" as much, if not more, than the democrats do.

How much do Republicans push voting security/preventing voter fraud etc when it's an absolute minute number of votes in the grand scheme of things.

Trans rights actually affects peoples health, mentally and physically.

The Republicans measures against voter fraud also affects people, usually by lowering the amount of eligible to vote (usually against the republicans)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

They do, but they seem to do it better or at least translate it to votes better. As with the reaction to Trump it's like they're lowering themselves to the same level without getting anything in return.

Aka GOP = culture wars!

No specific plans to deal with the economy, jobs, inflation, healthcare or infrastructure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Listening to Trump's speech last night, about how if he had not turned his head, and body, to the right on the rostrum a few days ago he would not be with the convention is probably true. However his claim that God made him turn his head at the time the sniper fired is something unprovable. My money would be on whomever attracted his attention being the Being responsible. The photo of the instant made that clear. His claim that he thinks divine intervention saved his life is almost laughable, probably only provable by him attending mass each day for the rest of his natural….

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭drury..

Didn't he also say god prevented the unthinkable from happening

That would tie in with claiming god made him turn his head

• Registered Users Posts: 6,436 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

To be fair, the guy just had a near death experience, and he is 78 years of age, his life was saved because he turned his head at just the right time, otherwise he would be in a grave already….you can't cut the guy even a little slack I'm assuming because you are overcome with blind hatred every time you see the man.

It's really hard to cut a guy some slack who is full of complete bullsh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

So god intervened and deflected the bullet to kill an innocent bystander.

Riiiiight Donald.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,436 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭mun1

at last , some good news last night for the democrats last night .

Trumps blabbering , hate filled , speech reaffirmed what a danger he is to democracy.

Advertisement