Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭eagerv

Isn't there one inside the armrest? Must have a look next time in car, but there is certainly a lighter socket in there somewhere..

Edit, there are two usb-c in the forward compartment in my 2022 Model 3, none under arm rest except for the 12V socket. Highland probably same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Technique

I think that the M3H has a single USB C 60W high speed charging port under the centre armrest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭jlang

Yes. There's a single USB-C inside the armrest. 2 more under the rear screen presumably for rear passengers, a 4th USB-A in the glovebox loaded with a USB recording key and a 12V type socket in the front section of the console under the phone rest/wireless chargers.

All are working fine, just wondering about tidy/optimal wiring suggestions. Phone away inside the armrest is definitely tidy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭eagerv

OK. Seems to be different to the pre Highland.

60W USB is a very handy addition. Would charge my 16" laptop directly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Was the same for me up until today where it's changed to 30th July - 14th August

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭positron

And they have pushed mine out too by a week. :(

On the plus side, the trade-in offer is in, and it's about 65% of the asking prices I see from businesses in Donedeal.

But do you know what - it's actually DOUBLE of what VW offered me. And worse yet, it's good 25% more than what my car's own dealer offered me (where I service the car all these years) and I was there to buy a new model from them!!

Elmo might be a dangerous man, but these local car sales people - they administer death by a thousand cuts. I would rather go out in a bang with Elmo.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭bobcatboo123

Put deposit down on Wednesday and I think finance application has gone through. Whwn did you get a delivery date range?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Technique

05:45 in the video below. He actually charges his laptop from the 65w usb c port.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭gossamerfabric

https://teslaanwalt.de/gerichtliches-gutachten-neues-model-3-kommt-nicht-durch-den-tuev/

Tesla Model 3 produced in Freemont from 2020 to early 2021 can't get through German TÜV due to the jack points cracking.

later cars should be OK.

Tesla claim the issue is only cosmetic. TÜV and this Solicitor disagree.

Solution is battery pack swap at considerable expense.

Worse still the Lease Company Santander is writing down the value of leased cars on return if the jack points are cracked and attributing it to end user abuse billing the customer for the cost of a battery replacement…over 12k.

The manual didn't/doesn't mention using the plastic jack pads to protect the jacking points, they are not supplied with the car and not available to purchase as an accessory on Tesla website.

see this german language video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭deandean

Have any of you M3 users installed a blue 16A / 32A blue socket at home for charging? This looks like a much cheaper option than a Smart Charger.

The 16A outlet should be straightforward. The 32A outlet would probably need a priority unit added if you have a power shower.

Link here to one guy who has done it:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭Ir3

yes, have an M3 and a Citroen edispatch, installed a 32a socket in work and got the 32a adapter for €48 from the app, now use the Tesla adapter to charge the van during the day instead of the the normal 2kw granny charger, works a treat.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Many have and often discussed.
    you “may” still need cabling to the consumer unit as the 16a draw is higher than the traditional 13a socket. I had this set up for over a year for 32a charging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭allinthehead

You're much better off going with something like this.

No ugly priority unit and no need for a type B rcd. The cost of those two items alone is about €300.

☀️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,826 ✭✭✭creedp

Did a couple of longer journeys over the weekend and found to my annoyance that not disabling sentry mode can be a right pita if you need a minimum soc to reach a charger. I ended up losing 8% soc and hadn't sufficient range to reach Mahon Point Supercharger in Cork. I went to a ecars charger close to my where I was staying but couldn't activate it even though I have used the app for over 6 years for my Leaf. Is there any particular knack to activating an ecars charger for an M3? (In this case I think it may have been a charger problem as a ID4 owner arrived and couldn't activate it either even though she used the charger previously with no issue. She was really annoyed as had a long journey ahead and not enough range to reach another DC charger.)

I had to return to my mother's house and plug in the granny charger for 3 hours to have enough range to reach Mahon Point. Then when I got there I got a shock as when I plugged in I got a message saying DC charging not available and something about requiring a service but that AC charging is available. I needed at least 70kwhs to get home so AC charging would have been a disaster. So I moved to the next charger and same message appeared when I opened the charge port but when I plugged in this time the car started charging much to my relief. Did anyone ever experience this and what might have caused it? Is it likely to happen again?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

never heard of that message across all the usual Tesla fora, hopefully it's the last time but I would log a ticket with Tesla and when you give them time and date they can look at what happened

• Advertisement

User error here unfortunately.
    The DC error pop up was most likely a symptom from the dodgy ecar charger. Proof in the pudding by the id4 also not charging at it.

Sentry is known to use battery. It used 9% on me one time when I had it on a loaner. It’s powering all those cameras etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,737 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I once parked the car at the boat rental place in Carrick-on-Shannon and lost 55% battery over 6 days thanks to Sentry Mode….

think there was about 275 events recorded…

That's a lot of range lost. At least it deactivates when soc hits 20% so not completely stuck unless in a remote setting with no DC charger in close proximity.

I was hoping that might be it but I didn't want to take a chance relying on a 2nd DC charge to get home so charged to 95% at Mahon Pt rather than the much quicker option of a 2nd charge at Ballacolla.

Edit responding to @Gumbo post above. Quote function didn't work again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Did Elon buy Boards.ie?

First the supercharger doesn't work for you. Now the quote function fails for you too 🤣

I would welcome him to take over this site. Might ruffle some feathers.

Stay Free

• Advertisement

I’ve noticed the quote functioning hit and miss a lot lately too. It just doesn’t appear and you have to go back and re-quote the post.

I’m on iOS 18 beta so not sure if it’s a me problem or a site bug.

Post edited by Gumbo on

It's a site bug. Happened me twice on desktop in the last hour.

Stay Free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭sk8board

TBF the quote function was failing before Elon arrived on the scene😁

Jaysus don't get me started! I don't know which is worse. A self indulgent, narcissistic, child of a man, or a vote because of colour and gender. Everybody loses. I thought it couldn't get any worse and then the bumbling Biden had to stumble out of the race to make way for missus cackles.

Stay Free

I propose they make some cuts. Delete all the forums except the motors forum 😁.

Stay Free

Has anyone picked up a new car since July 1st? Just wondering if the car comes with granny charger or if you have to buy it separately? Thanks!

All Model 3 come with a Tesla universal mobile charger, way better than other brands as 32a capable

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭JOL1

This has changed and from website/order…the mobile charger is an optional extra at a cost ofEUR200 and. website states this is NOT included. This has been the case for some time (exact date I cant be sure of) so likely to depend on the date of order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Would it be common to find a domestic socket that supplies 32A though?

My outdoor socket is rated for 13A and the granny charger I use limits to 10A - takes forever, but probably safer?

• Advertisement

Not a domestic socket no, but most hotel have outdoor commando sockets, berthing docks and holiday campsites are all commando sockets.

Plus, if someone didn’t want to spend any money on a home charge point they could run the appropriate cabling and fit an outdoor concocted and use the UMC to charge at 32a at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Luna84

If you are a farmer there is usually at least one 32 amp socket put into slatted sheds.

Thanks for pointing out, that’s a dick move IMHO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,040 ✭✭✭User1998

Not really, removing the cables allowed Tesla to reduce their price point. They did the same in the US after a price cut. Most people don’t need charge cables anyway so why force people to pay for something they don’t need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭redlead

Is it essentially a type 2 (22kw) cable that's needed to use those ESB slower chargers or the type of chargers you see in offices without cables?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,737 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I’ve had my Model 3 since March 2020 and not once ever used the supplied UMC.

I even bought a Schuko adapt for it for the Euro road trip 2 years ago but never needed it.

It's a bit unethical to sell battery powered things without providing a charger. Not everyone has a wall charger (yet) and I wonder if Tesla has worked in AppleGreen kwh prices into their 'fuel savings' calculations. :D

When did Irish deliveries stop including the UMC, was included in my March 22 purchase so that’s my only reference point, would recent Tesla pick up folk comment please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭josip

Was included in March 23. Extra schuko has already washed its own face.

• Advertisement

Yes. And that comes with the car.
    Type 2, 3 phase will allow you to get 11kw where available. Single phase cable will cap out at 7kw.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭JOL1

Nothing "unethical" about it, they are giving you choice to opt in or out (at a cost). It allows them to offer competitive pricing and as many have mentioned the charger is never used (I have had 3 Tesla and never once used the granny charger). Its similar to the Ryanair model where you can get good value with basic ticket but if you want to add luggage you can, at a cost….thats fair in my view.

Post edited by JOL1 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭Ir3

Collected a New 3 in February and got all cables with the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Was included with my car picked up on 10th June so it's a recent change of they're not including it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭ozmo

anyone found any way yet to switch the tesla maps navigation audio to English?

Mine is still trying to read the Irish road names rather than the names are most known by (and not pronouncing them terribly well)

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Core6

It isn't possible to turn off the Irish version of the audio and just have the English version — as far as I know.

It comically tortures the Irish road and street names. It isn't great at the English versions of some names either — Naas is a great example of one that it gets badly wrong.

I think it just phonetically pronounces the syllables - that might work for roads, towns and cities in England and the US but doesn't work in Ireland. Welsh name pronunciations must be even worse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Wolftown

I recently bought a 2021 Model 3, and had a notification in the app to let me know that a software update is available.

I tried to initiate the update via the app, but within a couple of minutes the app is saying update failed.

Is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Wolftown

It was connected to Wifi when I went out to check on it.

There was a message on the screen saying update failed and something along the lines of the car will let me know when the next one is available. Will leave it at that I suppose and wait until I get another notification.

It’s possible it was pulled due to bugs. It will reappear once ready.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Anyone got any recommendations of where to insure a Model 3 if purchased as a company car ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement