Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer (Dublin) in the Civil Service 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cdoran

Results are are out. I passed thank god. Good luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sunshine_21

@Stonet123 on Thursday. Delighted to pass. Good luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭JJfd

guys are you batch 13 or 14?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Stonet123

just about over the line, absolutely delighted, 55 on open and 28 inter. Chuffed isn’t the word

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Arsenal101

Hi all, can anybody explain to me how the process of references works when you are already in the CS. Does the reference go directly to my line manager from PAS, or does it go to the department HR, and what's the turnaround. My line manager is new and is not sure of the process either. Thanks in advance..

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dubbloke100

Unfortunately, there is one failure. I thought I did quite well but they failed me on one area. I did have a bit of a stumble but thought they moved on too quick when I was looking for a few more seconds to find a suitable answer. I thought I did more than enough overall to pass.

Post edited by dubbloke100 on

@dubbloke100 I am sorry to hear this!! The whole process is very outdated which makes it over all unfair on people. I hope you have put in for the 2024 EO even if you have to take on something new in the mean time. I’m only in the CS as a CO 2 years I came from the private sector in a management role and took a huge pay cut fortunately I got EO on the last batch. My point is it’s worth while to take cuts now for the long run the work life balance is much better here. Don’t loose hope just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭HiggieL

It goes to hr and also your line manager it's just a tick box reference form.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dubbloke100

Post edited by dubbloke100 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Lor2024

Interviewed last Thursday, got word today I got through! I'm number 43 of batch 13. Anyone have any idea how long before I could expect an offer and any idea what departments are being offered?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 legendofkirby

Anyone know if batch 12 has started getting their references checked? In batch 13 and just got the news I passed! Dying to hand in my notice but have a feeling it's gonna be a while 😅

I got an email to say they're currently checking batch 11

Not sure, I’m number 31of batch 13 so I’ll give you the heads up if I get an offer.

I’m batch 12 but got an email 3 weeks ago to say they will contact when batch 11 is cleared still nothing so assuming it’s not cleared yet.

They sent this yesterday: We are currently undertaking the pre-employment checks for batch 11, once completed we will commence batch 12. Therefore, we will not commence the pre-employment checks for batch 13 for a number of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

I asked my manager to see if I could stay with the current department. Found out yesterday that I've been assigned to my current location. Chuffed. Have also applied for the recent EO comp as "insurance".

• Registered Users Posts: 12 iykyk

Yes I'm in Batch 11, sent refs / vetting etc a few weeks ago, still waiting for an update. I imagine it's due soon at this point. A good few weeks between stages, so lots of patience will be needed. 😅

@cdoran Ye that’s the email I got but I’m 12 once I get to the next stage I’ll keep you updated. I’m 3 weeks waiting so far I can only assume you be another 8 weeks if it’s this slow.

@raheny red delighted for you! I have asked to stay also but will have to wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 leafy65

For anybody wanting to know.

As of today’s date (16/07/2024) the order of merit for candidates that have been called forward to the next stage for Executive Officer (Dublin) 2023:

Open Stream OOM: 2134

Interdepartmental Stream OOM: 787

Unfortunately, as we are vacancy led, we cannot give candidates a timeframe for when they may be called to the next stage of the competition.

@Leafy95 i emailed them on 9th of July and it was the same number so it hasn’t moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Just a reminder for people mentioning their order of merit - plenty of hiring managers read these threads and you make yourself traceable by giving your exact OOM

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Class what batch? Did PAS mail you to agree or did it happen internally?

Thanks a million, best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Phantasos

Just curious - if you were successful with a CO competition (and got a job from it) and then soon after you were successful with an EO competition… do they try to keep you in the same department or is it literally "this is where the EO job is" and you get moved to whatever department has a vacancy?

Unless they request to keep you on time you will go we’re ever PAS assign you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

If you want to stay in the same section, speak to your HEO and let them know what's happening re your progress in the EO competition, eg, when you called for interview. Sometimes HR in your existing department can put in a request for you to stay. As JJfd points out, PAS will just treat you like a random candidate to be sent absolutely anywhere that needs an EO - unless they get word from your current department. (

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jimbomacers

I was on the open and didn’t have to do Garda vetting. You only do Garda vetting if you’re going to justice, Garda, courts and few other places. (If you’re in the civil service already)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 PO2024

Post edited by PO2024 on

Advertisement