Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer in the Civil Service 2024 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 magikalmysti

My

Post edited by magikalmysti on

• Registered Users Posts: 1 larifurlan

Hi! I am 314 for Dublin, is that good? I have never applied for one of these competitions before, do you think they can call me for stage 2 interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sojustrutz

OOM is 27th in Monaghan, not sure if this is good or not. If there's predicted to be up to 19 jobs in Monaghan would I have a good chance of interview? Never been in one of these competitions before so unsure of the process. Well done to all with the High scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭dells35

Oom 180ish for offaly score was 467

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Gympodie

I got 130ish with 501 for Offaly too, I wonder if we wil be called for here, or NSSO first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭dells35

I really don't know, my sister got early hundreds for it. Like that I'm not familiar with these things. Hoping something will come up sooner than next year 🥲

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

385 for Cork ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭shmeee

Many people would also have selected Dublin but be from down the Country. And hope for a decent WFH position and if not, just drop out. Due to more positions available in Dublin compared to 10 or so in other counties.

Similar in EO and HEO positions, I know a good few people who have moved to Dublin as the process moves quicker in terms of getting to your OOM. And have been placed, while others in other counties still on the panels and miles away from placement.

This is numbers placed. You could have been 200 OOM and got placed. Done a very good interview and jumped the ranks. When a OOM is reached, many would drop out of the process or failed interview. Also on previous panels you could select 2 locations, and decline one area then come expression of interest stage. You'd be surprised how many would decline offers or just not even check their messages and then dropped out of the application process. But the numbers placed are near accurate I can tell you.

Nor sure if good enough ? That's unreal. Good interview and then a waiting game.

• Advertisement

The jobs placed is not equal to OOM.

You can improve your OOM in next stages. And others can disprove their OOM.

People ahead of you may drop our or decline to continue in the process, which will then bump you up.

Don't let the OOM get to you, it's a long process and I've seen people placed who were well into the 100's in areas with 10/20 hires.

And you have to remember, people who are applying for these positions may also be out of work and by the time they even get offered an interview, they've been placed in employment and happy out and won't bother anymore with the CO position. Peoples lifes can change over 12 months+.

These panels take time. 2022 panels for EO's for example held interviews this month, over 2 years after the application process.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Oh right, thanks for explaining. I was wondering how some of the results were placing people in the Dublin competition well into the thousands, but the fact that it was a nationwide competition goes a good way towards answering that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sojustrutz

You don't have to be living Dublin to select Dublin. I know people in North Cork who selected Dublin for these panels, good train line and hoped of a position in the City then with 3/4 days working from home. They just want to get into the Civil Service so found it the best option for them at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,657 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Yes and I suppose from their viewpoint they have 'nothing to lose' by putting in an application, even if it is just on the off chance. Even if they are offered something and don't like it, they can decline and are no worse of than before applying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 zompate88

Hi I am based in Kilkenny I just got my result today n: 41 scored 594, I am already a Tco in Kilkenny Intreo office, do ye think is a good result for Kilkenny? Anyone else in Kilkenny got a good result?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Newbie12345The

Got in the top Ten - Interviews are next

• Registered Users Posts: 4 magikalmysti

It’s my first time doing this so I’m really not sure what’s good and what’s not. I got OOM 48 for the Garda clerical in Cork and heard nothing since January so I’m really not sure if getting early 30s in this was good. Positive thoughts either way 🤞🏼

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SFoxyM

Hi, completely new to all of this. I got mid 80’s oom for Mayo, scored 588. Anyone any idea what the chances are that I’ll get called for interview? Thanks

Post edited by SFoxyM on

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rachel867

that’s fair enough just find it hard to believe how long it took them to get to oom 70s and only only place less than 20 I also kept the same oom and was put into a batch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Newbie12345The

usually they call up batches round 50 at a time - but remember not everyone takes the job/does a good interview or do the interview…Cork/Dublin are where the bulk of the jobs are

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Gympodie

Forgive my ignorance, but when you say batches of around 50 at a time - this is when there is a vacancy opened up, and they are calling people for interview? So if this is correct and you are placed with an OOM of around a 100 or 200, then you could be called after 2 or 3 vacancies?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LilyOdhranSadhbh

I got in the 50s in Wexford. Going by the amount of CO places the last time it looks like mine won't be reached. Has anyone got around the 50s the last time in Wexford and did get called for interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AlbaInEire

Im totally new to this and have no clue really how things work but I got OOM 23 for Clare. Any advice on interviews would be fantastic.....fingers crossed I get one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 laff87

Do you mind me asking what score you got to be placed in the 50s??

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Damoedge

Is the next stage interviews?

Post edited by Damoedge on

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Goldie1981

Hi all,

Would anyone know if years service as SNA would carry over to CO payscale? I'm halfway up the SNA payscale and it's quite a drop to start at point 1 of the CO scale? I did reasonably well in the score for Dublin and ranked in the 300s OOM.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 andressapessoa

Hey everybody.

Congratz to all! Do you have tips for the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LilyOdhranSadhbh

I scored 614. I dont know if I'll even be called for interview going by the number of places the last time in Wexford. How did you get on??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Elliebellie90

Hi, scored in the top ten for Kilkenny. Already a CO the last 1.5 years in a different county. I have mobility in since I started, but anywhere I’m interested in is moving very slow so I said I would I try this. Just a bit nervous about what to say in the interview if anyone has any advice please? I presume they will have come across this lots before? Also does anyone know can I get assigned the same department again as I am applying for a different county? Thanks

Advertisement