Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump the Megathread part II - threadbans and mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

• Registered Users Posts: 16,473 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

My money would be on whomever attracted his attention being the Being responsible.

I guess that would be Latino immigrants, in a sense

He explained that before the shooting he turned to his right so he could see a chart detailing his administration's impact on immigration at the southern border.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,436 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Do you think they are taking Biden out because he's even close in the polls? Remember the Democrats have access to polls none of us get to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,660 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I'm in for a rough couple of months, because you keep making excuses for a guy his current VP (the previous one was nearly killed because of Trump) called "Hitler"?

How is that then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Field east

the polls leading up to the last US presidential election , if memory serves me right , had Biden behind in a number of polls. It was ‘touch and go ‘ for a long time. Biden was trailing Trump for months. Could it be the same currently. I know that it is 4years later but…………?

• Advertisement

Months, I should have said years!!!

I really like JD Vance, I think he will make a fine candidate in 4 years time.

If Trump gets elected, and immediately ends conflict (like he did in 2016, when he managed to avert military conflict in North Korea, and with his Abraham accords in the Middle East) and if he manages to get the economy back where it was in 2018/2019 (like he did in his 1st term), then the Democrats and the media are going to have to explain to the American public why they tried to impeach him twice, threw nearly 100 criminal charges, fined him over half a billion dollars, censored him, nearly caused his assignation through blatant negligence, tried to destroy his reputation for a President that (very possibly) could avert WW3, drive down inflation and achieve robust economic growth…and instead of ending democracy, he just downsizes the size of the bureaucratic state.

The only demographic that will hold is the single female vote, the element of the party that James Carville has publically blamed for destroying the party, it will be a party stacked full of DEI type hires…and we know how "well" those types of entities operate.

Whilst obviously I am only speculating, and I'm sure I will attract some fairly vicious ire on here……but we are witnessing a political coup in the Democrat party right now, so ignore the soundbite's on the same media outlets that have been bulls####ng you for years, the people who run the Democrat party are panicking, ask yourself why!!!

Biden was up in most polls, but you can't put any capital into the polls that are published in MSM, what will happen over the next few months will be theatre, because all MSM outlets depend on election year audience surges, so they have a different motivation for keeping up appearances.

It's not easy but try to watch what the parties do where they are holing rallies, where they are spending money, they are operating in much more accurate data.

Remember it all boils down to a few swing states, a few hundreds of thousands of votes or less either way in those states are all that matters, if Trump is up (on 2020) in New York, it will make no difference, he won't win New York.

Super.

What's that got to do with your making excuses for trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭brickster69

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Immediately ended conflicts? Let me guess, you also think he was against the Iraq War. I find it hilarious that support for the Iraq war was a litmus test for patriotism amongst his base back in the day. That soon got memory holed.

• Advertisement

Or maybe I'm just explaining why a fella who just narrowly avoided a bullet to the head might get a little spiritual, we are all human after all Everlast75!!

No, why are we in for, "a rough couple of months"?

Do you think we thought it was going to be an easy few months?

His supporters are massively brainwashed, they keep spouting the same lies that been proven time and time again to be lies, while he keeps regurgitating lies, mistruths and falsehoods. And yeah, some of us see it as a responsibility to counteract those lies, falsehoods and mistruths.

Even if Biden does go for the nomination, it's still going to finish somewhere in the region of 48-52 in November.

It usually does.

There's still over 4 months left in the race, and a lot can happen in the world in that time.

If I was a bookies, I wouldn't be paying out on Trump just yet

Show me how he has gotten "a little spiritual"?

Is he going to stop selling his knock off bibles?

Is he going to start going to mass?

Is he going to recant and stop calling for military tribunals of his political foes?

Is he going to stop his quest to send millions of immigrants home?

Is he going to tone down the violent rhetoric?

Is he ****.

It's complete bullsh1t, told to a crowd who will lap it up.

He's a disgusting racist, a fraud and a serial liar. Give me a break

Because changing candidate mid race is an absolute night mare, you loose valuable momentum. The ground game is in full swing in both camps at this stage. Clearly (because of the panic in Democrat leadership circles) the campaign is not going well…they are way behind…remember this time they have to get people to go to the ballot box, mail-in voting will not be anywhere near the same levels as last time.

As almost surreal as that Republican Convention was you can see a united party.

The Democrats don't even have a candidate yet. I have predicted violence in Chicago next month, I hope we don't see violence, but the party is all over the place, factions, in fighting, it is unsavory, it wouldn't surprise anyone to see violence there….

This is as mad as it gets in Presidential campaigns, it's a s##tshow, and to anyone who isn't too invested in either candidate it is obvious what way the wind is blowing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,567 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Just imagine Biden had given a speech like that last night…this place would turn inside out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

I take it all the naysayers on boards will be leaving the States when Trump wins….

oh wait! 🤣

I'm still unsure why you think we're in for a rough couple of months like it's some bizarre realisation you've had that no one else foresaw.

Trump's a disgrace to the country and needs to be put down at the ballot box. I think the democrats are aware of that and (to borrow your crystal ball) I think you'll be surprised at the unity they show after they've moved on from the Biden mess.

I don't know when the penny is going to drop with you.

The Democrat party are panicking, full scale panic is what we are witnessing…the place is up in flames, nobody is buying into the rhetoric any more…that is not a bizarre realisation, that is fact. The emperor isn't wearing any clothes…I don't know what else to say, I am not speculating, I am pointing at the panic we are witnessing in the Democrat party.

What you are probably looking at is a media that is trying to present all this as somewhat normal!!! This is unprecedented, that a sitting one term President, who won his nomination with 95% of the delegates would be publicly hounded out of that nomination by party leaders and donors with less than 4 months to election day!!!

• Advertisement

The Democrats are not in a good place, but fact that the Republicans aren't in panic mode by having a cognitively impaired deranged clown surrounded by a craven boot lickers is just as worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭bog master

What conflict did he end with the Abrahams Accord?

What conflict did he end with North Korea?

But you're presenting this as something that hadn't been foreseen.

I'm not surprised at anything I've seen from the democrats over the last few months. Fact is, Biden is very old. So is Trump. I mean, it would be beyond the pale if either party hasn't got plans they can put in place straight away in case either of them were to pass away in their sleep.

We've seen a massive decline in Biden's mental prowess over the last few months. I'm sure the Dem top brass had already asked him to step aside before going public as they have done. I am 100% sure he will step down and I'm sure as soon as he does step down or announce his intention to retire at the end of his term, you'll see the democrats plan swing into action.

The Republicans are celebrating like the next four months are going to be some sort of coronation party.

Best of luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭techdiver

The answer is none of course. That poster does the usual MAGA talking points (i.e. mistruths) as some sort of evidence of how good Trump was as president when by all objective measures he was a disaster.

He states that he will end the Ukraine war but doesn't go into details as to how... I'll tell you how, by giving Putin everything he wants and letting Russia away with the slaughter of men, women and children. If the leaders in the 1940s had the same approach as Trump and maga the entirety of Europe would've under German rule to this day.

Also Trumps attitude to nato is frankly dangerous. So he gives Putin everything he wants in Ukraine and then what? Do you think Putin doesn't have designs on more of Europe especially with such a Trump emboldening him and with an administration who will let him away with anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Posters explained each item in excruciating detail and you still denied reality in the COVID cases.

you first asked this:

Can you tell me how many of Biden's political opponents have been locked up or facing jail at this point?

My answer was

0/1 depending if you think trump will go to jail for the fraud he committed before being president (and kept delaying/appealing the case till recently).

You then claimed not to understand this and said I was drunk.

You have now said 1/1 as you seem to think trump is going to jail.

Anyway, I bet you thought your teachers were drunk as well. I wish you well as this also goes over your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,473 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Why would they be worried when all the signs are he's going to win, especially if Biden stays in the race?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Ah, gimme a break. I agree with you on the "if he hadn't turned his head" point as self-evident. As for assuming I'm overcome with blind hatred every time I see the man, No, your assumption is incorrect. I just know a person of rotten character unfit for office when I see one.

I'm reminded each time I see him that the GOP turned its back on it's own people and chose a experienced confidence-trickster from TV-land to stand for election using their party as a vehicle, bring this upon itself. Even he thought the Dems weren't suitable for the takeover he - and his family - have planned and managed to pull off on the GOP, as proven by his switching his membership from the Dems to the GOP back before his election.

The fact that his would-be assassin was a member of the GOP was probably an unpleasant surprise for Trump and the GOP into the bargain. If Trump gets elected, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's an attempt by his family to revamp the membership system in the GOP to ensure some form of loyalty to the party from it's members, instead of harbouring would-be assassins of the GOP executive, however much each state has it's own individual GOP party system.

I don't know Aloisious, lot of blind hatred in that post!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Maxface

Why are you surprised though, this is what he does, from an appearance in Home Alone to this, he craves media attention and thinks this is how the world works…..his social media obsession etc, this is him 100 percent.

• Advertisement

Advertisement