Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭914

Ah thank you, don't know why I thought it was Erins Own.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 HelloHello1234

ballygunner lad pulled on mount sion fella. 2/3 from each side came in and all bg parents and mentors got involved. Ms coaches came across then

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Ian OB

• Registered Users Posts: 38,374 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Pity we don't have a Senior Management team to take a look at the weekends games unless the CB are working behind closed doors

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭DeHorse88

Brian Flannery goin to be in a bit of bother going by the video circulating it seems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

I’ve always been of the view that parents should not be on the sideline when their own kids are involved, a recipie for disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Where do parents go then. Do you mean parents as coaches or just them being spectators. Unfortunately it’s all too common all around the country to have parents as coaches of underage teams and in a lot of cases if their darling son/daughter gets ‘fouled’ and ref doesn’t deal with it as they feel they should have, anything can happen

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

It's a very tricky one. In the ideal world you wouldn't have any parent involved in a team that their child is on.

But, in the majority of clubs at least I'd imagine, most people start off coaching when their kids start getting involved.

I do know of a few clubs in my county who allow parents to be involved up to around u12's and then they can't stay involved with a team that their child is on - the argument for is that hopefully that parent is now happy to coach with the club and will get involved in any team that is needed - not just their own child's team.

I mean being involved with the team as coach or selector. I know many smaller clubs probably depend on parents of players to volunteer for selectors etc, and therein lies the problem. As a parent if you see your child being fouled or in a melee do you have the emotional intelligence to stay out of it and be neutral, if not you shouldn’t be there simple as. That clearly wasn’t the case on Monday night and your talking about 2 clubs that should have no shortage of people to coach teams so no need for parents of players to be involved

emotional intelligence deficiency is the issue with parents doubling up as mentors / coaches……another moronic feature of certain coaches or those who think they are, is in the pre match team talk they stress to the underage players not to query or show annoyance at an decision the ref makes as he/she will not change their minds but once match starts these apes are relentless in their questioning and appealing (usually f words and verbal abuse) to the ref for better decisions……’steps’ or ‘push in back’ being the main cries and in hurling ‘chop’…😡😡😡

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,403 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Christ Tallow must of been on the piss instead of training

https://x.com/WaterfordGAA/status/1814386139622678593?t=yVfbIHBxnuehqPubDzDRrw&s=19

Hopefully its a typo

tallow a proud hurling club that always produced quality players have been struggling in recent years. Surprised they’re still senior to be honest

so who we want to win tomorrow? I’m a bit torn. I don’t particularly like or rate Lohan as a manger but not sure how I feel about listening to the langers if they win after we gift-wrapped them a place in the all Ireland qualifiers

Last year, 11 point defeat against Mount Sion, 10 point defeat against Fourmile and a 16 point defeat against Clonea in the pre lim.

Not really sure why this is a surprise, watching Tallow last year they were poor, as someone else said a good proud hurling club but they have been struggling.

I see where you are coming from. I probably hope Clare, what do they have 4 All Ireland's?

They also have been fairly loyal to Lohan, is it five years he is there? They have been knocking at the door with no silverware until the league this season.

Any other county might have said, "we need a manager who can bring us to the next level" but to be fair to Clare they stuck with Lohan and it might pay off.

The annoying thing is, if you rewind 4 years, we wouldn't be worried about either Clare or Cork and if you were a betting man you would have said Waterford would win an AI before either Clare or Cork, goes to show how much we have regressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭decies

hope Clare win just makes Waterfords Munster championship effort look worse if cork win . Whoever loses with Limerick out of the way it will feel more devastating then normal .

• Advertisement

Hard to get excited about this one. Cork beaten twice and end up in final…… they will be ‘cork’ sure of themselves and hopefully too cork sure…..’we are cork’ etc…..a few short weeks ago if you had a look at any of the cork discussion boards they wanted manager gone and their ‘elder lemons’ on the team such as Horgan and harnedy only impact subs now both of these will get their canonisation if they do win. The shame of Horgan ending his career without a ‘sell-tic cross’ will have been averted…..as for da banner, no great affinity/grá for them either… SoD will probably get man of the match though no matter what. Anyone know if there was extra time and still level does it go to penalty shoot out…?

Goes to a replay if it's a draw and would not be one bit surprised if that's the result.Hard to believe that drawn final was 11 years ago, great day for our minors

Hope Clare win and only person I'd be happy for if Cork win is Patrick Horgan (RTE will mill the **** out of his story)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭seananigans

oof

why does ‘hoggy’ deserve his all Ireland medal any more than the multitude of other hurlers and a lot of waterford ones at that who never got one……it’s nauseating how the media and guys such as ‘Marty’ ( I once had a free car) continually make a pt of referring to this. Yes he’s a good hurler but he’s hardly one of the best ever……? Ref tomorrow is an absolute Ape…..hopefully he’s not the talking point…don’t think I’ve ever been as indifferent about a final……slight favouritism for low-Han but when you go back his playing days he was a hard one to like…..also as Marty is from Clare will we be spared from him in the commentary box…..and hopefully duignan is in Troon cheering on Lowry in the British open..🤣🤣

Why oof? BG not playing senior till next week, therefore they could have used last night to play a lot of their fringe senior lads.

Where was the oof here

"Junior A Championship

BALLYGUNNER 1 - 12

ROANMORE 3 - 14

Full Time"

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭skaface

Any news on a new manager yet.. club championship started and no management in place yet that could be watching games

You answered your own question by asking the question, if you are asking the question then there is no news

I'm imagining potential management teams are still looking at games unless there involved etc

Hope it's not as long as the FAIs search for a new Ireland manager

Nobody deserves an All Ireland, people have to earn it. Saying someone deserves one is just a phrase and Horgan would fall into that category as would many a Waterford hurler over the years.

Giving so much time and commitment to his club and county, scoring to the level that he has scored to places him in the category of "he deserves an All Ireland".

Joe Canning was the same, and he won one, by winning win it, it cemented his status of being a great player.

The argument can even be made for provincials. Someone like Sean Cullinane from Waterford deserved a Munster title, he put in serious work and commitment for Waterford but missed out on one.

• Advertisement

Tis a hard watch now tbh

Not saying we would of been in Croke Park bit if only one of our lads lifted one of the Tipp players over the sideline or that umpire in Ennis got confused and waved wide

Advertisement