Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

0.22LR Pistol License dealing with difficult Garda

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭madmac187

I had the same issue, it got to 12 months, didn’t get solicitor write them registered letters remind them of the legislation. They ignored the first one. Then said application was lost. So I asked them who should I report due to breach of GDPR. Then a super intendant said it is rejected. I asked why and where is the rejection letter. They said something along the lines of community opinion kind of shite. So I made them aware of legislation, also made them aware of the libel they stated against me that is untrue and unlawful and that I was going to pursue it and a chief super contacted me saying there was no need for the pistol. I simple stated to him it is not restricted and I don’t see what it has to do with him and that the matter of a libel case would be brought, a GDPR infringement would be reported and solicitor was going to get involved with application as he did not issue me with a rejection letter with regard to application. FO rang me next day apologising for delay and sent the permit within a week. Just bullies because they didn’t want the pistol in the district. To clarify I have 100% perfect record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,086 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

So I made them aware of legislation, also made them aware of the libel they stated against me that is untrue and unlawful and that I was going to pursue it 

Point of law. Rough definitions.

Slander more like.

Libe;l an individual, or body writes, produces or uses social media too these days and publishes a lie or something demeaning that would reduce your good reputation in the eyes of the public and then disseminate it publically by any means.

Slander is when they wrote or said something and that would demean or damage your reputation and make it public knowledge by any means but didn't publish it in writing openly for the public to see.

It's a serious legal thing in Ireland our libel and slander laws.

Apart from that… Well done, and it is really a SAD comment on aGS that you, or anyone else, would have to put up with such an attitude and obstructionism and harassment. It's up to you but if you wanted to a letter to the Garda Ombudsman, esp on the slander allegation, it would soften their coughs quite a lot too.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,634 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Well done. I may have missed another post. But what was the libel (or slander) issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭lmk123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,086 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

From the OP

I asked why and where is the rejection letter. They said something along the lines of community opinion kind of shite. So I made them aware of legislation, also made them aware of the libel they stated against me that is untrue and unlawful .

So was AGS going around asking Madmac 187s neighbours for their opinions on him owning a pistol or telling them that he was applying for such? Would be very unusual,but considering we have had another Sgt hauling in someone's missus to ask about her husband having one…..Nothing would surprise me anymore here.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭madmac187

I would hope he didn’t lol because both the neighbours are guards and we don’t get along lol planning stroke they tried to pull but anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 warez

And this is why I got my solicitor involved. I don't have patience to deal with incompetent public servant who think that their will is a law.

Saying that I'm sure that a lot of people just gave up trying to get licence cause of all this bullying.

Advertisement