Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiviar Alpha Plus Combo STB

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭swoofer

Yes you input the new details using the signal finder option and the channels should appear next to the ones that are no longer transmitted.

If you can say the image you are using and the skin I can guide you further. go menu information about and that will tell you.

The new details for dmax and all other channels that are changing from dvb-s to dvb-s2 can be got via kingofsat website by inputting channel name and scrolling to 28east.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭kindalen

Thanks so much, am using openATV version 6.1. Not great with the tech!

can you say the skin do this MENU, ok, SETUP. ok. INFORMATION ok ABOUT ok THEN read off where it says skin.

here is a pic of mine but its openatv 6.4 see where it says skin thats what i need. I'll make it very basic.

I have all the info except the line with the Skin details. I looked around and only name for skin I can see is "default". I have been usung the High Horse Brigade set up, and changed nothing.

Brand & Model:

Tiviar Alpha+

Chipset:

Broadcom 7356

Main Memory:

158620 kB free / 321852 kB total

Box Uptime:

2d 1:55

Software

System OE:

OE-Alliance 4.1

Firmware version:

OpenATV 6.1.0 (2018-08-22)

Kernel / Drivers:

4.10.6 / 20180429

• Advertisement

OK i have an idea of the skin this is what I want you to do, menu setup reception signal finder, u have to press ok each time.

When you get to signal finder it will be on tuner A and will show a signal level, agc and ber. There will be a blue bar on tuner A ie its highlighted , use down arrow to scan type , it will say predefined, use right arrow to change it to user defined, arrow down to system, right arrow to make it DVB-S2, arrow down to frequency and use remote keys to enter 12382, next line will say auto, next symbol rate, use remote keys to enter 29500, polarisation use arrow right to change to horizontal, FEC make auto with arrow key, modulation should say 8psk if not use arrow key , roll off make auto , pilot auto . By now you will have a signal press green button to scan and as there are quite a few channels on that frequency a lot will appear but look for the 2 you want. select DMAX press OK and then exit. you should have a picture, press ok and arrow up . see if pic is the same

All sorted, thanks so much Swoofer for taking the time to help me.

You never said which pic matched and I was going to show you how to add the new channels to your bouquet or better still to the favourites but you may know already.

To find new channel details when they change use this

https://en.kingofsat.ne

Thanks, it is all working perfectly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Sfinn85

Hi,

it's been a good while since I last checked in here but I'm hoping someone can help me.

I have had a Tiviar box for a few years and originally wrote here asking for advice relating to a problem with the box re. an Online Version Check error message that pops up onscreen from time to time. I'm still having problems and don't know how to get rid of it for good as every time I try to do a software update the box keeps shutting down and rebooting, which is pretty annoying.

Would the entire box have to be reset or is there something that can be done to prevent me from doing that? I have a lot of recordings that I haven't backed up as I think the box will just shut down and reboot all over again if I attempt to do a backup.

Post edited by Sfinn85 on

• Advertisement

You should say the image version and the skin as there are so many now it is difficult to give the answer.

You should never update the box via that software management facility.

And if box is working OK dont update. Its not an update really its an upgrade to the latest version of the image.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Reflashing should not alter recordings on a Hard Drive as only a reformat would erase them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Payton

Hi..I need to reinstall the software on my Trivar box as it's giving too many issues. Is there a step by step guide to format and reinstall all the bits in order to get it back up and running..any help would be appreciated.

Never format and Reflash with a new image and setup from scratch. Make sure epg is set to HDD or usb.

When boxes have issues always best to start from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭mun1

looking to upgrade from ATV 6.0 to latest version. (Had to get new PSU for box as well)

Are you saying that you reset everything on existing box and start with new flash ?

No just install new image ,latest images are Beta and advised not to use .

Reflashing overwrites everything and RESET screws the box up so not advised.

Read back a page or 2 might mention 6.5? to use?

Ok I've gone back to basics with the box, I have all the Freesat channels but Saorview is still not updating with Auto Bouquets. I have all the channels on a basic Amiko box so it must be a setting on the Saorview.

Is 3Rock your local transmitter and I think my active 5v feed is off.

I only use ABM and it works as 1 am it updates

Hi I've looked up Saorview.ie I'm in Tallaght and it's states that Kippure is my nearest mast so I set it too that. I've turned the 5V feed off and did a scan and still no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭andy1249

The Website is wrong.

Dublin 3 Rock is your correct setting for Tallaght.

I was chasing my tail as well using Kippure instead of 3 Rock because of that crappy website.

Never trust an Irish Website , they are rarely updated and never corrected. It just doesnt seem to have sunk in how important they are to business these days in this country.

• Advertisement

Cheers for that information. The only thing I can think of id that the tuner for Saorview in knackered on the box as the channels are working fine on a small Amiko box and updating…so I'll play around over the next few day.

If anyone has any ideas what it could be appreciated.

Did you swap boxes over to see if the Amiko box is working or not at the Tiviar end.

We need to see if it is a feed issue with signal.

Does signal finder give you a % of strength your getting.

Yes enable 5v on mine set to off.

I was going to do a screenshot of the page but for some unknown reason webif is not working or changing channels as it normally did.

I have been using the Tiviar box for the last 6 years or so with the occasional issue but nothing that couldn't be sorted. About 8 weeks ago I was getting an error in the morning.. basically the Saorview couldn't be updated with Autobouqtemaker... Astra channels were fine. So I know it's not the feeds from the sat dish and the saorview Ariel.

I had a small Amiko box not being used, and plugged it in and all the channels were available both Saorview and Astra. The last few days I've had time to tackle the Tivair box so dived in last night and still no Saorview with the errors showing.

Ok so I'm poking around with ABM and this message is showing...is there a way to update ABM to version 3.4 if it's stable?

Every now and again think plugins need an update to next version Update provider file as click on that should run to next version.

Just rechecked mine as it also says incompatible.

I have to find out how to update the ABM file..it's been a while judging by the version I'm on atm.

Post edited by Payton on

It might need a later Image on box to use the newer version ?

You have not said what Image box is running.

Openatv 6.3 is old but good so keep it.

You don't need ABM to run SAORVIEW as the channels never change or if they do they get added automatically so you can turn that bit off.

To check the tuner is working you can use signal finder. go menu setup reception tuner configuration, signal finder, use arrow to chage tuner, C then type of scan make user defined, for use of frequency use channel, for channel type in the channel number for your transmitter and wait, if you get a signal a green tick will appear in lock and you may have a reading under agc. Try both channels, if you get nothing check cable at rear of box.

You dont say skin you are using so above may show different, im using a sky q skin at the moment. If you get a signal press green , then green again.

• Advertisement

Hi Im out at the moment..I think I'm using Openwebif?

Advertisement