Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump the Megathread part II - threadbans and mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭golfball37

I’d love to see Cal Thomas’s reaction to the RNC? Previous versions had put forward Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt and Ronald Reagan .

The other night we had Hulk Hogan ripping off a T shirt !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,655 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

He is an absolute fraud. Spews lies at a rate of knots and Matt tries and fails miserably to correct him.

Reminds me of that other American George Hook used to have on. His views were absolutely outrageous.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,564 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Rewatching his speech at the RNC…a 90 minute ramble on absolutely nothing. Him talking about AI and how it needs twice as much electricity that the country has to operate…what????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

I don't get it, are you suggesting Glenn Beck is behind the DEI idology that is being pushed across Government, Corporations, Media, Academia and Culture? Or are you suggesting that Glenn Beck is suggesting that George Soros is behind it…because it is definitely happening, we can all see that….

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

• Advertisement

I agree with you it is a strect to compare DEI with Nazism.

But we do agree, that the Nazis did impose quotas cross corporations and pushed their ideology through academia, media and culture? We can agree on that surely? (My point being that the Nazis increased the size of Government and used media and culture to achieve that)

I think it is the Irish Government in our case. And The US Governments in the case of the US. Do you think it's Soros?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

The centre of the issue is between the ears but for different reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Ah yes, the Nazis who were famous for increasing diversity in the workplace and recognising systemic inequalities.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,611 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

It's a big problem. And they are generating that electricity with windmills! Won't somebody please think of the poor whales being killed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Maxface

Just some alternative facts. A fine character of a man, and truly amazing that he has so many followers.

Organised and led a plot to have fake votes created and then used to make him President despite losing the election

…. ⁠⁠⁠⁠Lost the election.

….. ⁠⁠⁠⁠Sent an armed angry mob to Congress and told them they need to fight like hell.

…. ⁠⁠⁠⁠Approved of the mob saying “hang Mike Pence”.

…. ⁠⁠⁠⁠Was found liable for sexual assault.

….. ⁠⁠⁠⁠Was found guilty of defrauding his university students.

….. ⁠⁠⁠⁠Was found guilty of inflating his assets to get favourable loans.

….. ⁠⁠⁠⁠Admitted to walking in on minor pageant contestants dressing rooms.

….. ⁠⁠⁠⁠Stole from a kid's cancer charity.

….. ⁠⁠⁠⁠Received $413 million inheritance, despite claims that he’s a self-made man.

….. ⁠⁠⁠⁠Blocked his chronically ill infant nephew from getting any of that inheritance.

….. ⁠⁠⁠⁠Is the first president to receive votes against him from his own party during impeachment.

….. ⁠⁠⁠⁠Said the Democrats do better with the economy.

… . ⁠⁠⁠⁠Was ranked as the worst president in history by presidential historians.

…. ⁠⁠⁠Ordered republicans to block a bipartisan immigration bill, so Biden would not get a win before the election.

….. ⁠⁠⁠Is a convicted felon guilty of falsifying records to influence an election.

Found that on Reddit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,682 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Ah, is that the fault of the American Educational system which Trump has strong "American Values" feelings about, a case of too much knowledge in his head swamping his mental ability to understand what he is reading and hearing?

He did go to the New York Military Academy, a boarding school, where he was captain of the baseball team. Incidentally, would his bone spur problem [which kept him out of serving in the US Military] not have been a disability for any member of a baseball team seeing as it is an athletic sport?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,611 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Imagine the level of baseball that would have been reached had it not been for those bone spurs. Many people say I would have been the best baseball player ever. Better than Babe Ruth. You gotta have a big brain to be a good baseball player. A stable one. Stable genius if you will.

Well, none of need history lessons, we know the Nazis spent 10 years vilifying Jewish people through their control of media outlets, and sytematically stripping them of their rights, removing them from their earned positions in corporations, business, academia, media and culture…they then orchestrated an attack on Government buildings and blamed their political rivals which allowed them to tighten their control of the German Democracy, but of course, we all know that.

By the way, I don't believe that the Democrats, or the Republicans are Nazis, I simply believe that their political system has been corrupted by corporations for decades and needs a good clean gutting on both sides. Who knows, we might live to see an end to pointless wars that only cause death and destruction to ordinary people.

And for what it is worth, I also understand the view of people who think completely different to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,074 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Here is Trump echoing the language of the Nazis, talking about his political opponents as vermin and pledging to "root them out".

How is that not villifying them?

How is that not "removing them from their earned positions"?

Trump tried to steal an election to circumvent American Democracy, but of course, we all know that.

He then orchestrated an attack on Government buildings, but of course, we all know that.

Ironic Trump talking about fascists while invoking their language.
    The fascists are in the mirror.

He invokes the language of the Nazis, not to describe Jews, but to describe immigrants.

First the Nazis came for the Communists…

"We pledge to you that we will root out the communists, Marxists, fascists, and the radical left thugs that live like vermin within the confines of our country,"

https://www.npr.org/2023/11/17/1213746885/trump-vermin-hitler-immigration-authoritarian-republican-primary

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

And there you go, I can honestly appreciate why you hold that view of Trump, and don't think any less of you for it and you are right Trumps language especially the use of the term vermin is a disgrace, he played his own part in the assasination attempt last week in my view. Id much prefer that he was more polished, less erratic, less confrontational, the guy can't go two sentences without complimenting himself to the point where it's comical. But the US has 3 choices in November that may very well decide whether we see WW3 in the coming years and the only thing I am 100% sure of is that Biden is not the man who will see us avoid that war, the Americans know this better than any of us, and you can see what way they are going even if you dont want to admit it!!

Whereas you think I am all kids of stupid/mysodginst/racist/homophobe/anti vax/deplorable….almost like vermin, in fact I do recall the NYT publishing a picture of Republican Senators as rats. So lets not pretend only one side is behaving dangerously when it comes to language and rhetoric.

"I simply believe that their political system has been corrupted by corporations for decades and needs a good clean gutting on both sides"

AKA Drain the swamp, AKA Trump's message.

Anyone who thinks that 45 was interested in doing this is utterly, utterly delusional.

He is one of the most corrupt presidents ever. Shamelessly so.

The fact that you or anyone else, goes to bat for him is beyond understanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,464 ✭✭✭✭looksee

So just for clarity, are you suggesting that Trump is the leader to do the cleansing?

Ignoring the 'good people on both sides' argument.

Well, if Bernie Sanders had been allowed to take on Trump in 2016 or 2020 perhaps all this could have been avoided, I'd have voted for him, he'd have wiped the floor with Trump and he would been able to last two terms easily ….but the leaders of the Democratic party went a different way, the same leaders who have led the party into the disarray we see today….they've dug their own graves, it's the people who have defended these people are the people I feel sorry for, the real deplorable are the influencers in the media in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,885 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Why do so many of Trumps ex-staff say he's unsuitable to be president?

Why do so many of Trumps ex-staff not support him this time around?

If you're looking to hire someone, don't you look for references?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,074 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I think there is more chance of WW3 with Trump in the White House, giving dog whistles to dictators that they can attack US allies if Trump thinks they "haven't paid their bills". And if Trump tries to 'reward' or 'appease' illegal invasions by dictators with territory and concessions etc. I can think of nothing more likely to lead to more conflict.

And I say that over any Biden, Harris or any Democrat who would be consistent with usual US policy on this.

Similarly I think under Trump US foreign policy could be manipulated not by US national interest or economic interests but the economic interests of the Trump family.

And lets not pretend there is any real equivalence between the levels of "behaving dangerously" when it comes to language and rhetoric. For every one instance from the Democrats, we can point to ten, far worse by Republicans, since Tea Party \ MAGA \ Trump Republicans came onto the scene.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

I honestly can't say.

Maybe it's RFK, maybe Sanders would have been the man…but we are stuck with Trump, who should have been dead and buried two years ago….until the FBI raided his home.

"I honestly can't say."

Yes you can. You absolutely can.

You won't.

That's the truth of it.

Thats a very legitimate point, and perhaps you are right.

But I also saw him win nearly 10 million more votes in 2020 than he won in 2016, and I can see him win even more in 2024, he'll be the most voted for President in US history come November…I trust ordinary people more than I trust media or ex staff members.

And who knows, perhaps I am wrong, it wouldn't be the first time!!

Is this an interrogation or a discussion…you do realise anything we say here to each other is completely meaningless right, we can change nothing!!

I try to be honest about my posts. It isn't a bad standard to aspire to when discussing matters on here.

A poster made a good point, one which you acknowledged as such.

He asked why people who worked with Trump won't endorse him. You said you "couldn't say". Yes you can. They said why. They ALL said why.

Trying to be fair and truthful about comments is important.

Can you explain to me why he will become the most voted for politician in US history come November (given his vote in 2016, 2020, 2024) without insulting the people who voted for him? He has won the nomination 3 times, he will have run for President 3 times.

I do think he can be a divisive character, I can only imagine what working for him is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,464 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You say that its corporations and billionairs that have created the conditions in the US, but you can't decide whether the guy who has literally offered to sell himself to those billionairs, and offered inducements of lower employment and product standards to the corporations is the one to sort the problems?

And 'we' are not stuck with Trump, yet. If enough people can be convinced that he is a venal, corrupt, dangerous waste of space there is still hope that the US can be nudged back on track to being a 1st world country.

I will give you a straight answer, but first you do not know that he will become the most voted for president of all time. I've noticed about some posts that people speak with such certainty. No one knows. Absolutely no one. Poles have been and continue to be wrong. Otherwise I would remortgage my house and head down to Paddy Power.

There are multiple reasons why he was voted for, most of which are that people believe that he will make their lives better, be it through the economy, immigration whatever. That's their belief. I don't share it, as I have seen what he has done when he had the house, senate and WH.

Re working for him - may be a divisive character? He nearly got Pence killed ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Maxface

An interesting read if anyone needed reminding what this man actually is and stands for…

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/the-complete-listing-atrocities-1-1-056

Advertisement