Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PME Hibernia College - History

Options
  • 17-07-2024 7:22pm
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3

Hi all, I applied last minute to Hibernia College to start in Autumn 24' and found out today I have my interview in 6 days, I am so worried has anyone any tips, what will they ask, what about the 3-minute presentation? My subject is history. Any help is much appreciated!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sunshine2024

Hi,

You'll be fine prepare over the next couple of days. I had my interview a couple of weeks ago and these were the questions I was asked.

Challenges in the classroom
    An inspirational teacher
    What you know about the Hibernia course
    How would you encourage students to take on your subject for leaving cert
    Challenges on placement
    Conflict with a colleague
    The junior cycle reform
    Why do you want to become a teacher
    What type of teacher would you like to be
    do you feel you might lack knowledge in other areas of the curriculum?

Do a PowerPoint presentation, around 2-3 slides long and present as if you were teaching a class. Share your screen on zoom when you are presenting.

Hope this helps. Best of luck with the interview. Any other questions let me know!

• Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3 riverview1

Thank you so much, this has really helped!! Have you gotten in?

• Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3 riverview1

Is it a PowerPoint presentation on say something like the famine, and pretend the interviewers are students kind of thing? Tbh, this is what I'm most nervous about!

Sorry only seeing this now! Yes starting in September.

Yeah the presentation sounds perfect, direct it at either junior or senior cycle and state what year eg. 2nd years Junior cycle.

Keep the presentation clear and concise information (don't make it text heavy) and practice presenting it a couple of times.

Hope this message got to you before the interview.

I got my interview outcome 9 working days after the interview, hope you're not waiting too long!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 yellow 2876

hey any chance you could say what kind of questions you were asked in regard to your subject and second subjects curricula

• Advertisement

Just had the 3 minute presentation regarding my subjects, they didn't ask any subject specific question.

Are you interviewing to start in September too? 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2 yellow 2876

yes! Interview in the morning fingers crossed it goes well

Good luck 🤞🏻

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement