Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Cork2021

the nerves have started!!! I couldn’t get a ticket so I’ll be sitting on a bar stool tomorrow!! Few whiskeys before to sort out the butterflies! You’d swear I was playing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Seadin

Should be raining tomorrow. Might be like the 1999 All Ireland final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

I won't lie i'm a bit nervous here, but i'm also in no doubt that if this team hits top form and plays to it's full potential, then Clare can have Tony Kelly, Jesus, Buddha or Allah on their team for all i care, it won't make one iota of a difference we'll all be celebrating Liam McCarthy's return to Leeside tomorrow evening.

Safe journey going to Dublin and back everyone and let's raise the roof off the stands for the 1999 team as well! Rebels Abu it's time for Hoggie to get that long awaited and deserved all Ireland medal.🔴⚪

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

On the way up now, road full of cork flags

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Just a reminder that the Ladies footballers are playing Galway in the All Ireland Semi final on TG4 at the moment.

It's currently Cork 0-3 Galway 1-2.

Ref has just given a ridiculous penalty against Cork. Truly awful decision

• Advertisement

The ref in this ladies game is incredibly bad. He is responsible for about 1-2 at least of Galways scores. That's at the very least!

Its half time now. I think Cork will have the wind in the second half

Cork 0-5 Galway 2—4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Managed to get 3 tickets. 2 of my friends who are German and here this weekend are coming along. They've never been to a hurling game so tomorrow could be some experience...Rebels Abu

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

Impossible to win a game with a ref like this. Any time Cork go near a Galway player he gives them a free. These frees are so soft

Only 8 mins left and Cork down by 5

Cork manager booked for complaining. I'm not surprised. This ref was so bad today

• Advertisement

That outrageous penalty ended up being the difference. Ref accounted for about 1-5 of Galways scores at least. One of the worst refs ever. The ladies games need better refs. Every time they seem to have awful ones. Must be awful for that Cork squad to have all their hard work undone.

Galway 2-07 Cork 0-10

Excuse me...not sure if you are being serious here...

That's a shame for the ladies team. For a while we took it for granted we'd be winning all irelands

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭moby2101

Limerick fan here, Im going to copy and paste this and post in both Clare and Cork hurling threads.

Looking forward to a cracking Final tomorrow.

Obviously Im gutted that Limerick is not there, we have been blessed with great days over the last 6 years.
    It felt like a death in the parish this past 2 weeks without the build up and anticipation of the Final.
    This time last year and 2022 and 2021 I was in Searsons with family and friends sinking a few pints and soaking up the atmosphere, this is what its all about.
    Enjoy it guys, breath it all in ….

Best of luck to both Teams and supporters, two great teams and great supporters on both sides
    We (Limerick) look forward to welcoming the new All Ireland Champions to the Gaelic Grounds in 2025.

Back to the match...have to say I'm very confident...I said after the Dublin game there was an All Ireland in this team...cannot see Clare troubling them to be honest..revenge for 13

I would love to have what you are having. :-D

I have the butterflies but just hopeful. Some lad on a Clare thread said we are arrogant and are expecting victory and Clare need not turn up. What a load of nonsense, we know we have a chance of winning this game just as much as Clare have. It's all on the day. They are fierce bitter about us over in the Waterford thread as well and want us beaten. It wasn't our fault that they didn't get out of Munster and not our fault that their full back hit the ball out for a 65 which cost them. Not our fault that they haven't won an All Ireland since 1959 either. So bitter they are the county east of the Cork border.

Post edited by Seadin on

Very overcast in Dublin this morning. Looks like it may rain so not sure how that may affect things? Was just out at Dublin airport now and lovely to see lads in both Cork and Clare jerseys, obviously just coming in all over for the game. This is going to historic for Cork hurling...can't wait. Rebels abu

What a poor ref. It was so even but he swung it at crucial times to Clare. Blatant chop near the end. Blatant jersey pull at the very end.

Should have been a black card and/or penalty during game. If not, a yellow card, should have been a second yellow. Should have been a 65 for Cork during game. Hoggie was shoved in back coming out for ball. Then Hayes the same. The list goes on and on. So frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 14,753 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

He was a disgrace.

Sure he let the play flow but Clare got away with murder, lots of sneaky fouls left go.

**** the GAA too with their no replay, imbeciles.

• Advertisement

I was worried about the fact that the referee was from Limerick. Those fears came to pass. Well done to Clare but i'm just devastated. I've seen a few all Irelands defeats with Cork and this is the worst of the lot imo.

But look there was other things as well. We allowed Clare to score goals. I said we'd need to keep them scoreless to win. Their defence seemed to outmuscle us at times as well. They cleaned up a lot of the time on the long puckouts.

The turning point though was when Robbie O'Flynn went for goal when he should've taken the point. Clare took over and drove on for home there. We missed an awful bad chance at the end to tie the game as well. We just didn't get the breaks that we needed today. Well done again to Clare but my god it'll take a long time to get over this one!

Post edited by Straight Talker at

This is the defining image of the game. Clare fouling at crucial times and not being called on it, was a common theme.

It is a sickener.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Hard luck lads. Mad reffing. Every big call went against yee. Sickening.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Caught the ball and No Way could he miss from there... but he was very clearly fouled. No free. Summed up the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Lads we can blame the referee but we threw it away. Hoggie has to score in front of goal, and the subs were shocking bar maybe Kingston. Same old ****

I agree but he still got his chance to put it over the bar. O Flynn has a stinker when he came on. Horgan will never win his All Ireland medal now it was not to be but a super player and thanks for your service. We won't get back to centre stage for a while I reckon but hopefully Im wrong.

The umpire didn't give us a penalty either, feck it we were robbed big time today. That Limerick refferee gave Clare everything. We should've launched an objection to someone from Limerick getting that job. Of course he would be biased against Cork and of course there would be payback for us beating Limerick the last day.

But look we have to look at the things we can control. We allowed Clare to score three goals and the long puckout strategy didn't work as well as it did against Limerick. We need to find some more ball winners up front as well. We have to also work on being tighter in defence. It looks like Hoggie and Seamie Harnedy will never win that all Ireland now sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,252 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Feels like a huge missed opportunity. That's 4 finals on the bounce now that Cork have lost - 2006, 2013, 2021 and 2024. Sickening. Limerick will be back big time next year too.

It hurts to say this but we have become serious bottlers post 2005. The referee today didn't do us any favours though!

• Advertisement

Oh and well done @windy shepard henderson enjoy the night, the week and the next couple of months. I'm sure i'll get over today at some point within the next six months!

Advertisement