Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

SEAI Fuel Cost Comparison posters at petrol stations

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,979 ✭✭✭✭elperello

No it's not.

The price per litre allows you to decide which item on sale in that premises is the best value.

This poster is telling you that you can get better value at home than what is available at the premises.

If you want to discuss it in terms of drinks it's a bit like a supermarket having to tell you that you'd do better with a Sodastream.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

It's something I always check. Especially when buying beer. 🤣

But OMG the deja vu I'm experiencing right now. Same stuff being spouted as was at the beginning of this thread. Same pointless arguments, same absolutely pig-headed stubbornness and wilful ignorance.

1. Forecourts don't sell electricity - Eh, lots do. But it's entirely irrelevant. It's not about THAT forecourt.
    2. Why is it not the forecourt price - Because it's not the cost to the motorist
    3. I don't agree in principle - What principle? That people should be kept in the dark?
    4. What about people who can't charge at home? - Then they shouldn't buy an EV.

It's an informational poster. That's it. No need to have a coonniption.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭cc

I disagree on two points, first it is telling me the relative price, Second, soda stream is more expensive than buying a straight up bottle of fizz!.... relatively speaking of course

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭MakersMark

The posters should display the current price of a new EV, depreciation of same and the savings you'll make by keeping your 10 year old diesel that owes you nothing!

😜

• Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

It might be telling them the branded product is cheaper than the supermarket own brand product. Due to the misleading way they've priced it.

• Advertisement

Considering the % of EVs on the road is tiny compared to ICE is laughable you think this has any meaningful impact .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,979 ✭✭✭✭elperello

As long as they are displaying the price of what they sell that's all they need to do.

Actually I think the posters will just become part of the background and be ignored by most customers.

The pricing of electricity is like the wild west. Its impossible to know the cost of charging without considerable effort. It changes depending on the time of day and the supplier and location. Even public charging has so many variables it's a maze.

The posters are a nonsense.

Then there's this. There is no disincentive from the govt not to buy diesel.

Then there's a massive media anti EV disinformation campaign that's going unchecked.

Then there's a price war with EVs and manufacturers with some anti consumer practice around warranties and batteries and software bugs and simply too many manufacturers not standing over manufacturing or design flaws that the consumer is meant to suck up.

The Govt is failing consumers. If the move to alternative fuels fails, it's govt to blame.

The posters do diddly in that context..

Advertisement