Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

?????? v Trump (and one or two others) The US Presidential election 2024. Read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,989 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

You would think that they would have celebrated that achievement and left the stage patting each other on the back for a job well done.

It’s clear that regardless of whatever great speech Biden might make in tje next week, people are only going to focus on his ability to govern and hold office - policies, jobs, peoples welfare- none of those issues and solutions will be “heard” by his intended audience.

Personally I think he’ll be gone soon from the race -
    II think Harris is a divisive candidate for president at this time - BUT- if appointed the new candidate now and unopposed, she’d have the maximum time possible to create a positive media image - given the right speeches I think she could do it - Clinton didn’t hold the female vote - I think she’s a much better chance - I mean hell, if you’ve Trump on one side, in one sense what better candidate to counteract him- I know people will say some bland white male would be better but that’s not going to mobilise voters - especially ethnic minorities which the the Democrats massively need to win this race.

It’s a gamble but the odds are poor right now anyway - but they’ve got a massively small window of opportunity right now - if they feic that up it’s game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,077 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Harris has more chance of increasing her popularity than Biden does between now and the election… And she might help with down ballot votes.

The internal polling data would have to be very bad for Harris for it to be otherwise.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,286 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I'd sooner vote for Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Camacho than Donald Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,630 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

doesnt matter Trump would still have left office at the time,

None of the evidence supports this view. Statements like this had to be tolerated prior to 2020 when we didn't have evidence of Trump denying an election result in an attempt to circumvent democracy.

We now have that evidence, and statements like these can be laughed out of town.

Post edited by Tell me how on

• Registered Users Posts: 18,320 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

saying what you are saying doesnt make it true

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,630 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

• Registered Users Posts: 82,936 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

repeat that to yourself over and over and over before you post more nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,888 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

If he didn't leave office, I'm sure the cia would have stepped in especially with their history of taking presidents out of office

• Registered Users Posts: 11,566 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Donald J. Trump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,679 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Biden still hanging on , but would expect him gone by Wednesday , the longer it plays out the more momentum Trump gains, CNN reported today he is angry and feals betrayed by Pelosi and others who are tellling him the truths, its shocking his family and close aides arent doing so . Unless they are holding out until Wednesday when Netanyahu comes to Washinton. I'd worry about Biden leading for the remainder of his term, given how fragile he is and the world is right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭John arse

Are these the best two they can come up with ?, Melania suddenly appears out of nowhere and obviously detests the bould Donald who has suddenly found God almighty and Joe- well Joe is Joe, surely the democrats can come up with someone who can easily beat the vacuous numbskull convicted rapist idiot that Trump is in a country with over 300 million people?

I heard it reported that no way is he standing down before Netanyahu’s visit…. Those two guys straight up don’t like each other….feels like next Friday is the deadline, it becomes a farce after that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

That's why it's so amusing that the west would mock the political systems of authoritarian countries. Virtually every system is rigged either by restricting what you can vote for, or who you can vote for. Maybe democracy exists but if it does its definition is definitely not that everyone has a vote for how a country is run.

I guess we can be thankful that our voices are not so much suppressed even if they are ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,138 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Could be nearly September before we get Biden's replacement.

Starting to look like Joe is right again, he is the best option. Or least worst one.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭thatsdaft

You have a very shallow understanding of what modern western democracy is, hint it’s just voting

Anyways thought this was funny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

• Registered Users Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭briany

That's really not a message that's going to mobilise the voter base. In fact, it's pretty depressing and negative.

It's worth pointing out that the only reason Biden won in 2020 was because of a once in a lifetime pandemic and Trump's total mishandling of it. Up until this point, Trump was cruising along on a message of, "Yeah, I'm an a—hole, but the economy is doing well." You'd need a malady of a similar magnitude to hit Trump's campaign. Problem with Trump is that there is so much dirt that's baked in and sort of accepted in a sense that I'm struggling to think of much that would have this effect. The general public seem to be largely over the big court cases which now look in serious doubt if a single one will make it to trial before the election, anyway.

The state of the race : -

In Arizona , Trump continues to pull ahead, increasing his aggregate lead in the polls to six points, with the latest 3 individual polls all putting Trump beyond the margin of error.

In Nevada, Trump leads by five points on aggregate. Only two of the three latest polls have him outside the MOE.

In Wisconsin, the race is tighter with Trump at +3.3 on agg, although Trump appears to be pulling ahead because I can remember that there was only one point in it in earlier poll tallies. The story of the race, here, appears to be that Biden is tanking in support, losing 5 points since last month.

Race also tight in Michigan, where there appears to be only a couple of points in it, so far. Certainly gettable for Biden, if the gap doesn't widen. Interesting poll from Bloomberg earlier in the month which has Biden up and by a good margin.

In Pennsylvania, Trump maintains a steady lead similar to New Mexico. Something notable about these battleground states is that it's not so much runaway popularity for Trump that gives him these leads, but a constant downward trend in the popularity of Biden that creates the disparity.

In North Carolina, Trump's lead is also steady. Seems like Biden's only hope here will be for a whole lot of 'shy Biden' voters to turn up.

In Georgia, Trump leads, but this probably remains the southern state where Biden has the most chance of nicking a result, should the polling remain this close. Trump not comfortably outside the margin of error, here.

Even if we afford the two closest states to Biden, it looks like the case remains that Trump would win the election, based on this polling.

• Advertisement

Yes, but no-one lives in most of it, so the electoral voting power is relatively low.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,070 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I think a lot of people are waking up to the fact Trump is not Hilter, not racist, that it's just what was drummed into them by the media, America has woke up. Trump is clearly loved by his family, his kids, grand kids, while Biden likes to pretend his grand kid don't exist. They also see the how so many cases against Trump popped up as soon as he was running again, they're not stupid, the democrats have shot themselves in the foot ten times in last 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

Hillary Clinton odds are shortening from nowhere. The democratic party is in such a mess if they are considering parachuting her in again

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election/democratic-candidate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

• Registered Users Posts: 11,354 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Trump may not be Hitler, however all those Hitler loving folk only vote for trump, what does that say to you

No, he's not Hitler, you're right. Hitler had serious ideals, hellish as they were. If you could use a time machine to have the two meet, Hitler would regard Trump not as an equal, but as a useful buffoon, at best.

No, Trump is more like a shít Mussolini.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Babyreignbow

If a thousand suns were to rise
    and stand in the noon sky, blazing,
    such brilliance would be like the fierce
    brilliance of that mighty Self.”

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

I don't think a Democrat president can allow some deal to happen where Russia keeps a bit of Eastern Ukraine in return for peace. It goes against everything the left stands for and me even saying this sentence has people in here thinking I'm on Putin's side.

A Republican president might make it work and be despised by the left and be called Putin's bltch etc. If it did happen and peace was brought about, people in here would be calling Trump a traitor to mankind.

It would obviously be better for Europe if Putin stopped in Eastern Ukraine and Ukraine was still the buffer. At the moment, Ukraine is being used to drain Russia's resources. No progress is being made and Western weapons can only be used in defence. It's unwinnable for Ukraine in any normal way and so will be allowed drag on forever.

• Advertisement

A Republican president might make it work and be despised by the left and be called Putin's bltch etc. If it did happen and peace was brought about, people in here would be calling Trump a traitor to mankind.

Would it be peace for the millions who would now be ruled by Russia? How long would the peace last? How long did it last after they annexed Crimea? Hate to say, but Russia needs to be beat in this war. Capitulation will only guarantee "another go" in a few years.

Advertisement