Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA Wrestling Megathread

1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

Who is actually running TNA these days since Scott was fired and a lot of the creative team have either quit or been fired as well.

Regards,

P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,188 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Jordynne having an Open Challenge at Against All Odds next week so I'm guessing it'll be someone from NXT. Maybe Tatum?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Brooks Jensen teasing an appearance aswell

No Jensen but got the Tatum appearance.

And as said in the news thread, Jeff appearing is not exactly the big thing it used to be. Hendry in the title picture seems the most obvious.

Alexander taking the pin in a tag match after being a dominant world champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Cotts72

TNA are doing an awful job building on what they have, Jeff hardy shouldn't be the difference maker...you've credible challengers making the save such as ziggler and Hendry who get stomped yet you're telling me Jeff Hardy is the answer..

• Advertisement

The crossovers continue with

Charlie Dempsey randomly showing up and attacking.

Also Jordynne issued another open challenge for next week so dunno who it'll be. May just be someone from TNA. Could just look online since I believe it's already recorded, but I'll just wait and see.

One thing I found strange about their appearance on NXT was that the Rascalz didn't interact with Dempsey considering it was assumed if they were gonna be on NXT, that would be the reason. So unless we see interaction next week it'll be strange, especially since all 3 members of NQCC are involved now.

Does seem to be kind of one-sided so far with NXT getting some of TNA's bigger names like Hendry and Grace while TNA gets Izzi Dame. Nothing against Izzi, but I wouldn't class her as top talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Too early to say but surely TNA will benefit by how strong Grace and Hendry have looked, and it's great that the Rascalz got exposure which will likely lead to Lee appearing on TNA.

That being said, while I can't be certain about Hendry, it's inevitable that they will sign Grace unless she is insanely loyal (she already has been to them like Moose). I think her contract is up in January.

While it would be good for anyone they sign in a financial sense, you've gotta think TNA wouldn't be too happy with them taking their talent. Though I guess if they got the condition of appearances then they benefit for cheaper. So if WWE sign Jordynne but agree to let her keep appearing on TNA on WWE's dime that saves TNA paying her wages.

As for exposure, since TNA is recorded it would make sense to have a couple of bigger names. Like I'm sure more people would tune in if they heard Trick Williams showed up than if Dante Chen showed up.

But the fact Hendry is so over implies plenty of people know him and believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

Will WWE send some main roster big name talent over for Slammiversary or will it be just some lower down NXT talent.

Regards,

P.

• Advertisement

It's this weekend an nothing was teased on NXT, so unless Impact sets something up, it's unlikely. At most we'll get the NQCC.

I watched this week's NXT and was only half listening to commentary but I don't think they mentioned Slammiversary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,774 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Everyone expected AJ Styles as the big surprise appearance and no it was……

Earl Hebner.

Also they really didn't read the room for the World Title match.

A feel fun show overall with Ali vs Speedball being the match of the night for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,520 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Four from NXT, No Quarter Catch Crew & Wes Lee however they were all advertised for the PPV.

No surprise appearances by any other talent from NXT or the main roster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,520 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

TNA seem to getting short changed out of their relationship

So far it looks that way alright and lots of talk that Jordynne Grace & Joe Hendry are both heading for the WWE once their contacts are up.

Apart from the fact the final 2 were Kaz and Ziggler, I didn't mind what happened with Hendry. I said before that I didn't understand how Alexander went from being the longest(?) TNA champion, having well reviewed matches to taking the pin in tag matches to guys he would've beaten no problem before. So using the opportunity to turn heel by attacking the most over guy in the company was a good call. Especially, as you said, Hendry may be on his way out soon so why give him the title.

I assume that's what you mean by "read the room"?

Advertisement