Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeless Wherers - all are welcome, old and new!

Options
1323334353638»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Raichų

Madeira loaf cake too, cos why not. 😎🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Glenroes at full throttle

ty!! They are lovely to be fair! The recipe originally calls for a ton of lemon juice and zest for the pectin in order to set, but I used jam sugar instead 😎

It’s nicely raspberry flavoured without the tang of the lemon. I found the recipe as was too sour and bitter.

For anyone interested in making them:

• 480g double cream
    • 110g jam sugar (or caster + 10g pectin)
    • 1/2 lemon zest (peel with a veg peeler don’t grate)
    • 1/2 juice of lemon
    • 280g raspberries or raspberry pureé
    • 5-6 basil leaves

Combine the sugar, zest & cream in a pot, cook on mid-low for 5-6 mins or until sugar has dissolved (cream will turn slightly yellow)

While that’s cooking if you want to make roasted raspberry and basil puree, set oven to 200c and roast raspberries + a tablespoon of sugar & the basil leaves for 10 mins until soft. Blend for 3 mins and pass through a fine sieve to catch seeds/pulp, add that to the cream and cook for a further 5 min.

If using fresh/frozen raspberries, add them to the cream and bring it back to simmer and cook for 7-10 mins until the raspberries are soft. Use an immersion blender to puree the mix and pass through a sieve to catch pulp/lemon zest/seeds

Pour into moulds and let set for 5-6 hours or preferably overnight.

Sorry, the Tuile and biscuits are secret recipes 😅

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

That is a crap load of flavours but I can see how tuile and biscuits (are they shortbread) will work.. However I'd still want like five of them to be sure 🤣

My glenroes post unrelated to your baking posts. Keep up the amazing work. Delicious looking.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 14,057 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching Yesterday , about a guy who is the only person to remember the Beatles .

Seen it before , not a patch on Rocket man or whatever the Elton John film w

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Just in the leaba, honestly thought it was going for a replay at full time as did everyone else in the pub , gutted but well done Clare..... deffo do not want to go to work tomorrow..😭😭

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Balcony with a Nespresso. OH is looking at somewhere to visit start next month with a friend. Everywhere she has thought about are either too hot or monsoon weather. She isn’t impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mehico

I thought Yesterday was a good film to just watch and go with the flow. Although it is not a Christmas film, I think I seen it around that time of year and felt a bit like a feel good film with well known songs!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Today is my Friday, roll on tomorrow😁

Having a coffee outside underneath the low hanging thunder clouds and threat of rain. But it's a nice coffee and it's warm and cosy cause I have a nice light lambswool jumper on. Cotton is just not the same. Viva la sheep.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,057 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Just out of bed after a so so nights sleep . I can’t seem to find a comfortable position at all . Maybe I just need a new mattress but something has to be done

Advertisement