Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump the Megathread part II - threadbans and mod warnings in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,132 ✭✭✭✭briany

Trump's game is throwing wild verbal haymakers and anyone who has played that game with him has lost. I get what you're saying, but just to underline that Harris's attacks must be stinging and incisive breakdowns of the kind of odious policies Trump and his people want to enact. Hit hard, but do not trade blows below the belt.

I should also repeat that Harris is not yet the nominee, but this is what she must do in that event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,917 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Seems trump is scared of a debate too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

LOL… I'd like to see him try his "stalking walk" behind Harris if she is the new nominee and was his opponent at the next debate…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,658 ✭✭✭✭looksee

After slagging Biden for wandering there would be loads of scope for asking him why he was wandering round the stage, was he lost or just trying to escape?

• Advertisement

Yes to "No Below The Belt" hits. Trump's jugular is his attachment to making comments to his fanbase and anyone who listens or reads about others who have offended him. His jugular is publicity and that's why Harris should apply her attacks on him there, linking them to what he has specifically stated publicly on his media site. Use his methods against him.

I'd also advise the Dems to increase whatever moves they have been making to find Republicans in Washington politics amenable to setting up backdoor links to foster alliances without Trump's awareness. Trump has been doing his best to cause splits within the Dems over Biden. It's only right and fair for the same to be done to Trump, and there are more than a few Republicans whom Trump has offended against and given them cause to take the offences very personally within GOP internal politics.

Would that have been during Trump's Registered Democrat Member period?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Augme

Life expectancy in USA is 76. Trump is 78. He'll be doing very well to make it another four years.

I suppose there will be one way of figuring out Biden stepping aside for his V/P to accept the task of running for election to the job later this year will affect the US political scene and that is how the major fund-providers to the election PACs react over the next 7 or so days to the news.

If there were to be reversals in some of the promised donations and a stepping forward by other wealthy uncommitted persons to fund a new nominee with whom they could find common ground on matters unrelated to business, but acutely important to the social well-being of the average US citizens, that information could be very important in electoral terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭threeball

I wouldnt bet on it. He should be dead already given his lifestyle but this fcuker was born with a silver spoon, never worked a day, conned his way through life, avoided enough sentences that would jail an ordinary joe for 100yrs, dodged a bullet by millimeters and sheer luck and made it to the most powerful position on earth despite being one of the biggest POS to crawl this earth. So no, making another 4yrs is not unlikely. He'll probably die in his sleep at 105 in a bed clad in Russian flags and swaztikas and the storey of his paedophilia will break the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,132 ✭✭✭✭briany

Is it fair to say, now, that Trump has beaten the feds? The three most serious cases against him appear to be dead in the water - the Mar a Lago documents case has been dismissed. The Georgia case is indefinitely on hold. The federal election subversion case is mired in the question of presidential immunity.

I suppose you don't really need good lawyers, even, when the judges go so easy on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I'm sure it's a bit higher than that for people from Trump's social class. Nondrinker, nonsmoker, I'd say he has a very good chance of finishing a second term…

Speaking indelicately, it would definitely put a blight on whatever plans Trump might have in mind of setting up a Trump family dynasty within US national politics. Having a V/P amenable to such a suggestion would be a necessity "I'll step aside at such and such a date AND you will accept such and such [say Don Jnr or the other son - not Barron as his mom seems to be keeping him very much under her wing] as your V/P.

Time was when the supposed Dem bogeyman for the GOP were JFK, RFK and EFK setting up an Irish RC dynasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Trump is getting the best healthcare in the nation though. The quality of healthcare varies hugely in the US.

The expert in fraud weighs in...

Same sh1t here.

"Biden should drop out - he's a danger blah blah blah"

Biden drops out

"Whines incessantly"

Check out dollar-store Nosferatu losing what's left of his racist mind.

Cry harder!

Hardy ha ha Donald. You're gonna wake up and hope he didn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭8mv

I love to see Miller lose his ****. An odious individual...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,738 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

We can all agree on that.

He’s too old. He’s the oldest candidate by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭randomname2005

There was lots of talk after the shooting that he would tone things down. Looks like that didn't happen and won't.

• Advertisement

Oldest nominee ever, did you hear?

Also gets names wrong and often appears lost on stage.

I think Melania is forcing him to stay in the race. Some might call it elder abuse! Very sad. He should retire before he destroys his legacy.

/s

• Registered Users Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭brickster69

"if you get on the wrong train, get off at the nearest station, the longer it takes you to get off, the more expensive the return trip will be."

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Dogsdodogsstuff

Trump losing a presidential race to a black woman would be just about the most satisfying end to this MAGA cult childish nonsense. I’m sure he would accept defeat gracefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

You do realise that people are just mocking the fact that the argument against Biden being too old now applies solely to Trump who has now surpassed Biden as the oldest person to ever be nominated to run for President (given that the Dem convention hasn't happened yet and so Biden was not officially the nominee yet)?

Now all the slip-ups in speeches, getting names wrong etc, now that shifts to Trump who has a tendancy to do the exact same but kinda got away with it because Biden was worse with it.

If age was such a factor for those who thought Biden was too old, how does that not now apply to Trump? Your meme above could easily be flipped to a MAGA fan saying Biden is too old, then Biden is swapped out for Harris, then saying "Trump's age doesn't matter. Age is just a number."

The difference is that the reason Biden stepped down was because Dems and Dem voters were calling for him to step down because of his age and how it risked the election. Will the GOP call on Trump to do the same? Nah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,614 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

What I don't understand is how Trump can continue to call Biden crooked without a single grain of proof and how he hasn't been sued for defamation? Is it just because Joe is too sleepy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

https://www.newsweek.com/nikki-haley-voters-pac-announces-support-kamala-harris-1928198

This could definitely be significant. The moderates and sections of the GOP that were shifting to Haley instead of Trump could be far more likely to switch to Harris than they would have for Biden or just not voting at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Christy42

It is a mix of factors. He does make a lot of mental slip ups which is not a great sign. Terrible diet and obese. Obviously he spends a lot of his time golfing but it is still a high stress job for someone that age.

However the average age includes a lot of younger people who die in car crashes or babies dying soon after birth etc. So the average age for people who we know don't suffer those accidents young would be a bit higher than 76 and he is getting the best healthcare in the US.

There are a lot of factors either way on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,573 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

First amendment is usually the defence given in those situations - he's not stating a fact, he's presenting an opinion.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The art of political satire is not for you brickster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

If it’s Harris he's up against, he has a lot of mud to throw at her- he’ll hold her responsible for anything under Biden for starters and that’s before he’ll go back in time and talk about her “mixed” record as prosecutor.

I see a few articles today in the papers with the journalists “resigned” to the fact that Trump will win now. I don’t think that’s a certainty …yet..but if Harris is candidate, she needs an excellent VP to back her up and they both need to be seen out canvassing as a team effort.

It’s a big ask for Harris to come back from where she is in the polls as VP and go ahead of Trump- she and the party have very little time to get their act together as we know Trump has already started his planning against her.

I’ll remain optimistic for the next number of weeks but if the whole thing isn’t sorted quickly then I’d be in agreement with those journalists that it’s game over

Advertisement