Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiviar Alpha Plus Combo STB

Options
19899100101102104»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭mun1

4 years gone from the Tiviar box . Plugged it in a few weeks ago and no power up.

Changed PSU to 60W laptop brick from amazon and hey presto it all works.

And for a ons my sky LNB was a hybrid so the two legacy ports were ok.

Now to fiddle around and rescan some channels.

Thanks for the help on here re changing out the PSU , otherwise it would have gone in the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Payton

Ok so I've gone through what you have asked me to do and I'm not getting a signal for Tuner C…A and B are working fine. (I've changed the skin back to a Sky image)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I do wonder if that is a working feed ?

Try imputing this data .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Payton

Its a working feed as I had an Amiko satellite box connected to the Saorview feed and it's working perfectly..no issues or signal drops.

But did you imput that frequency and scan ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 kevinmcm

On the topic of tiviar alpha box's, I ve been using one for years now, which I originally setup with an image from a very helpful person on boards. That image had a great little plugin that grouped similarly name recordings into folders which worked great for series recordings. Now I lost this plugin along the way and have not been able to find it subsequently, anyone got any ideas where I could get my hands on that plug in? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭swoofer

Payton one last try under frequency use right arrow and make it say channel then ch 21 will appear use remote keys to change it to 30 and pause, try 33. If nothing check aerial carefully at rear and aerial input on tiviare but if same aerial lead worked ok and you get nothing the dtt tuner is toast.

Kevinmcm you have to say image and skin go menu information about and read it off. Then I may be of help

Hi swoofer, so I have version 6.3, build 20210112. The imagedevbuild is 001. Does that give you what you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭swoofer

That's openatv 6.3 and the plugin is called movie manager but if it was already installed it may have just stopped working or you may have updated the image.

To check if its still active go to recordings and press menu and you may get a long list scroll down until you see movie manager.

I dont have the tiviar anymore and never used movie mananger!!

If it does not appear go menu plugins and press red the chose extensions have a look for moviemanager if its not shown go exit and green to download plugins and look for it in extensions and if its there download, it may install or may just stay in background so do as above.

Thats the limit of my memory!!

Thanks Swoofer, appreciated. I downloaded it again, seems there was some conflicts with some other plugin I had installed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭fawlty towers

Anyone any idea what is causing this. Happened daily

You would have to post the logs to see what it says and others could say as something not compatible causing errors.

Advertisement