Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion - 2024 All Ireland Hurling Champions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭High bike

Congratulations lads soak it in and enjoy it while it lasts but we'll still be trying to knock ye off yere perch next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Well done lads. Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,728 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Cannot question the heart of Clare

I’d have been very critical of them all year but Jesus they gutted the season out. Maybe not the most ‘talented’ group but to have game changers like Tony Kelly and Shane O’Donnell that can turn a game out of nothing is some gem to have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭moby2101

congrats to Clare. Cracking game.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭17togo

That was class!

If we didn't win it this year I think we'd have lost our chance for a while.

One of the great games, end to end shoot out that everyone hoped for.

I was critical of cleary earlier on in the year, he was brilliant today, and the last few games. The pulling and dragging that I complained about was kept to a minimum and he has actually attacked the ball. Our defence as a whole has been brilliant but living on the edge too. Leen was class today. Conlon had the game of his life. MoM in my opinion.

Kelly was class. He had a game his stature deserved. He was kind of been written off because he didn't perform in croker. O donnell had a spell in the first half to match his 'hurlers of the year' credentials. But kinda disappeared then. So the fact we won without him being on his best is great. Diarmuid Ryan was brilliant, mcinerney was brilliant.

Not bad for a team that were on the cusp of a slaughtering from the greatest team since the invention of hurling .....the golden Miller....or maybe the tin foil Miller as he should be know!

Up the **** banner !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭supernova5

I suppose you are going to despise Clare even more now?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,293 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

It's fun to hate your rivals before and during a match but if you are losing sleep about them afterwards you need to cop on. All will be forgiven until we meet in the league next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

• Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Congratulations on your League and All-Ireland double, lads. Scary thing for the rest of us, I think this will bring Clare on a tonne for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭skaface

Congrats to Clare today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭riddles

O’Connors Segway was the greatest 1-3 segway since Brian Whelehan’s shift to the forward line in the 98 all Ireland. Both having low impact before that.

Kelly was Roy of the Rovers today hats off to him and the manager who has gotten a lot of hate too.

Post edited by riddles on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Congratulations to the Banner, the old stagers got ye over the line today, O’Donnell, Conlon and Tony Kelly were immense and the best team won imo. Enjoy the celebrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Conlon and Kelly absolutely immense. Still going strong at the end of 100-odd minutes of hurling. Simply incredible.

People had been talking about Cork’s Barrett as potential hurler of the year, but Clare halfback line was superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Congratulations to Clare. Being of a certain age, I remember the bad days. And even when things looked to be going well, along came Cork.

A proud day for Feakle to see Quilligan and Hogan lift the cup together and play so well over 100 minutes.

Tony Kelly showed class is permanent.

And special mention for Peter Duggan - not many can cut like that.

The heroes of 95 and 97 have now delivered 2 more All Irelands. What a legacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Treble double

Davy Fitz on team of year ahead of Duggan, strange call.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

What a day to be a Clare man,

That was unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭oppiuy

That was absolute magic. I am over the moon for all those lads. Beast of a performance from the all. The cork lads I'm the nally where telling us to head off home after 15 mins to beat the traffic...**** love it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

do you think so? i felt that was last chance saloon. could be a few retirements after that. but they did it today and that's all that matters! up the banner! ennis is popping here (actually getting a bit messy now, time for bed and leave it to the young folk)

your about as happy as Roy Keane was to see Patrick Viera, 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Congratulations to clare superb win delighted ye won it. Consolations to cork

• Advertisement

thanks for all the messages at the end of the game, we may not see a day like today for decades again

Such is the reason I pulled the piss out of the Limerick as they will probably be back next year

charlie69 and evolvingTipperary a special tip of the hat over the last 11 years , sound lads

I failed to mention you in our role of honour but thank you all the same bud lim4ev

The reply button doesn't seem to work anymore

Why can't you directly reply to a post any more on here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Corkman here, well done to ye. I watched Pat Ryan's Sunday Game interview and I was glad he didn't mention anything about the referee. It would have looked like sour grapes and I'd hate if we were thought of as sore losers. It was a free to us at the end but we didn't get it, no point cribbing about it now. Ye have been a more consistent team than us over the last few years and have been building towards and an All-Ireland challenge. Also a bit more balanced, a better defence than us, we were relying on out-scoring the opposition rather than keeping scores out at the back. That worked in every game up to now but it didn't work yesterday. If one of our forwards had scored a goal we would have won I think. But ye were good at the back yesterday in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭tomo75

Cos it's 4:30am and you have your beer goggles on!! Up da Banner!!

Probably because it's 4.30 am and u had more than ur quota lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Figerty

Was a game that could have gone either way. I think we played the ball out with more control once we settled and that killed Cork in the last few minutes. Corks reliance on long high ball did work but not enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭golfball37

Anyone know the timetable for homecoming later ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Advertisement