Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ACDC Croke Park Sat Aug 17th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭limerickabroad

I was at Wembley. The band were great, and still have the energy. Great set-list too. But yes, the sound was awful - at times couldn't hear Angus' guitar or Brian's voice. Couldn't even make out which song they were playing at certain times.

Despite the awful sound mix, it was still, somehow, a great night and was great to see them one more time . . .

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

If people are spending upwards of two hundred quid to see them in Croker, the least they should be able to expect is to make out the songs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

More tickets on sale, lower tier Cusacks stand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭kg703

I was at Wembley as I couldn't make croke park. It was insanely loud for one so make sure you've got your ear plugs. There were times that it was hard to hear the vocals but never had an issue with guitars and bar a couple of bits (mostly at the start) the sound was great. I think it also depends in the stadium where you are.

Also it was just a blast and they gave it absolute socks. You're gonna have a great time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭thebronze14

Aye Punchestown was brilliant! Aviva was poor. Stadium good just don't work soundwise for me....bar Roger waters doing the wall. Sounds was brilliant for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Still absolutely loads of seats available on Ticketmaster for this. What's their tactic here? Exactly how many tickets still haven't been sold?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭893bet

Tactic is to screw the customer. And we are falling for it. FOMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,931 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

some are buying, some of us are not, plenty still sitting on the fence, some just wont pay for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Yep, Love DC and have seen them countless times since 1986, even though can well afford it I'm simply not paying €175 for Angus and Brian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭Aladdin Sane

i was at Wembley on Sunday and the gig was absolutely incredible. Sound was incredibly loud in the golden circle. I’ve seen them 7 times now and can’t wait for Croke Park. Here’s some of my photos…

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,707 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

How far away were you from that front stage? It looked quite high from my position against the barrier on the side of the walkway. I thought that anyone up against the barrier right in front of that stage might have had difficulty seeing the main stage, and your photos are showing some restriction to your view of that main stage

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,707 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'm assuming they will open up re-sales in another week or so, and presumably they will try and sell off what they can before that. Either way I suspect there will be plenty of options in the run up to the gig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭Aladdin Sane

i was about 20 feet from the end of the runway. Stevie Young and Chris Chaney never leave their positions and while I could see them fine on the screens, my intention was to photograph Angus and Brian as best I could, as well as the overall stage show. Taking the photos came secondary to enjoying the music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I think the resale might not open up till even closer I think the Taylor Swift gigs only gave people their tickets 2/3 days before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭endainoz

Completely different gig situation and a gigantic difference in terms of demand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Interesting point.

I think Taylor Swift and even Coldplay have pushed concert fever and FOMO to higher than normal levels this year. People are overestimating the demand for tickets now. Also, the bad weather takes the shine off outdoor concerts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Its funny the amount of extra tickets released for AC/DC compared to Coldplay and Swift.

They keep on releasing extra tickets for AC/DC yet they have barely released any extra for Coldplay and its just over 6 weeks away.

Very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭MOR316

AC/DC are now more of a trip out for the event junkie now. The vast majority of people at these shows, they wouldn't know Have a Drink On Me, Sin City, Riff Raff, Shot Down in Flames, FTATR, IYWB etc. They're there for YSMANL, Thunderstruck, BIB and to say they saw AC/DC. They don't care or know about Mal, Cliff or Phil. Moneytalks is one of their most popular songs. It was all over MTV in the early 90s. Charted highest in the US for them. Most people wouldn't know it if they dug it out on this tour

Lifelong AC/DC fan. Seen them numerous times and the Aviva was what turned me off. So many people hadn't a notion of the majority of the setlist. The breakdown for the audience participation in Shoot to Thrill was ****.

It's one thing I will never understand. Razor's Edge and Ballbreaker tours, they struggled to shift tickets for The Point (Ballbreaker was supposed to be in the RDS but got moved to The Point due to low ticket sales) I went to England to see them on the Stiff Upper Lip tour in 2001 because there wasn't demand for them here on that tour. I love AC/DC. They've given me so many lifetime highs. But how in God's name did they become popular in the last 20 years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Like most bands of their vintage, they have shifted from tours that promoted albums to tours that are effectively greatest hits packages, with a few songs from the latest release, the number of which usually dwindles as the tour progresses.

Increased use of material in TV commercials, films, etc. widens public awareness for the most well-known material, and that can be enough to entice people to go to see them. A handful of AC/DC songs were used in the film and trailers of Iron Man 2 (2010), but the soundtrack was effectively a Greatest Hits album in disguise, and would have been a significant gateway drug for many.

As you say, they don't care about the lineup. They've got the singer and the guitarist. That'll do.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Iron Maiden, Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The Slane rumours 20 years ago might have played a part.

The fact they only tour for two years then disappear for about 5 helps too, there also seems to be a frenzy to see The Saw Doctors as well, think they hadn't played since 2017 up till a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭MOR316

AC/DC? Nah, 100% no.
    When they toured Black Ice, there was a frenzy for tickets here for that. Part of me was saying it's great that the band I loved are getting the attention they deserve. The other part of me is saying, "This makes no sense. These people don't even know 90% of their songs"

Cannot wrap my head around it.

Only 2nd to Thriller as the biggest selling album of all time though. They ain't budging from 2nd place. Lot of uncertified sales. Possibly around 60 million or 70 million sold. Thriller the same. About 150 or 160 million copies of that album sold

standing tickets there for 150 each…..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

Hoping to bring my 8 year old. Does anyone have experience bringing kids to gigs tagged Over 14? I only saw the restriction after I bought the ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Why don't you read the terms... You'll get a bunch of conflicting answers and ideas by asking randomers on the internet.

Personally if it's over 14s it probably means it's an adult environment and by bringing a child you'll be expecting the behavior to be child friendly…

• Advertisement

ah terms are only terms, sometimes rules can be broken, with little or no recourse, kid might just experience a great gig yet, certainly hope they do…..

Thanks for the replies, I am not looking for legal advice on terms and conditions from random people on the internet.

I was hoping to see if people have actual experience, did you get turned away at the gate or was there no issue?

Edit: some people have offered to swap seating for standing. I have 4 tickets in total, I would be open to swapping for seated to avoid issue but I will need 4 seated together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

The gig is not over 14, Standing tickets are only permitted to over 14s.

I'm bringing my 8 year old but got seated tickets for that reason. Would be a nightmare trying to manage him in such a big crowd standing.

We are both super excited for this gig now 🤟

More tickets released inc standing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I've seen 5 and 6 year Olds on their parents shoulders at gigs, I've seen kids with pit passes refused entry to the pit for being too small, I've seen families camped at the back of the stadium with toddlers wearing ear protectors.

It seems to completely come down to who you encounter on the way in and the mood they're in on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Shank Williams

what time do we expect ac dc on stage? Have something on in morning would like to delay hitting road as long as possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭sh89000

seem to be, first time ive seen them become available since the original on sale date, so may not be many available, might need to act immediately if it happens again…..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭sh89000

a good few went on sale there yesterday on ticketmaster, so you might get lucky…..

Wednesday at Wembley they were on at 7:13 and off at 9:18 (based on the timestamps on my photos)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Hope it's not like that for Croke Park - or there will be big queues going in whilst the band are coming on stage - like Bruce Springsteen gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 CELBRIDGE HOOP

They came on at 8.15 on the Wednesday and 8 on the Sunday. I was at both nights at Wembley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,708 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

early start … 🤔

Well, they are about 80 ……. 😛

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭leex

I originally purchased 4 x Gold/front standing tickets for this and need to sell 1 of them. Does any of you know how soon Transfer or Resale would be enabled typically? I contacted Ticketmaster on their chat system yesterday and I was none the wiser when I received their reply - up to the "system" and the promoters to decide so they didnt know themselves. 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭kg703

Your time stamps are an hour off. It was around 8.15 (took a photo during first song at 8.17) and the little show at the end was about 10.20pm. I was at the Wednesday show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭Fanirish

8:15 -10:25 or so will be roughly same for Croker

I have 4 standing tickets I'm looking to swap for 4 seated if anyone interested. PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭rob w

Im probably going to try and chance my arm picking up tickets for this gig on the day outside the stadium.

What format are the tickets in? Am I right in saying they are all 'virtual' or 'electronic' tickets?

If so, any advice on what I would need to do to buy them from someone there and then? Do I need to have a certain app on my phone or anything like that to take transfer of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,066 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭rob w

And what's the deal with transferring a ticket via a TM account.

Just want to be sure I'm not getting scammed and have never transferred tickets before

I assume I just give them my details, that can transfer and it should be visible in my app?

To confirm - there are no paper tickets for this gig, in case someone tries to offer me some?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Tickets say show 5pm, so I'm assuming support about 6pm and ACDC 8pm.

I have some timing issues, do people know if there's any issue arriving late to Croke Park, like 7.30 or so? Not gonna find someone in my seat etc.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭flasher0030

If you arrive at 7.30, you'll probably find a big queue outside for starters. If you want to catch the full show, I would try to make the push to be there earlier than that.

The point above is not a definite - just based on previous experience.

Unlikely to find someone in your seat. If there is, then produce your ticket with the number, and politely advise them that it is your seat. At that stage anyway, a huge amount of people will be at the bar or toilet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

You won't need to go stand outside and try to buy one. Ticketmaster resale will open the week of the gig and there will be loads of standing available in the few days before the gig.

Advertisement