Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elden Ring (George RR Martin and From Software)

Options
1939495969799»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thanks. I'll try again with the current build. I have modded it a bit to get good holy reduction. Think I just need to be more consistent with phase 1 so I can learn phase 2 properly. But may need to cheese it as I've to stay alive for a long time on phase 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,172 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I wish more weapons had as elegant and detailed movesets as Milady (awful weapon name though).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

squaring up to a furnace golem who is 100ft tall and spewing lava all around the place

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's over.

Who needs rivers of blood when you have impenetrable thorns. Seriously, the bleed damage out of this spell is insane and even more nuts when the Mimic Tear is getting involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 HopingforNewZ

I respec'd into an utter poise monster for Radahn (Verdigris Set, Bull-Goat Talisman, Leaden Hardtear) and my Mimic and I poked him to death with Mohgs Spear from behind our Fingerprint Stone Shields. It felt good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Cordell

I saw videos of Radahn getting killed in 30 seconds or less - it's gonna get nerfed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I played Sekiro (Gourds), Bloodborne (Vials) and Demons Souls (Grass) before I ever played a Dark Souls or Elden Ring…. and I still think of all main healing items as just 'Flasks' now.

I call it my sippy cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Radahn is the only boss I have left to beat. At just 14 Scadutree blessing so far I’m getting my ass pummeled, especially in his second phase. He’s just so hyper aggressive. As soon as I get up to Scadutree level 20 I’ll try cheese him with Impenetrable Thorns and Rot Pots.
    The only other bosses I had terrible problems against were Putrescent Knight and that Saint of the Bud boss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,172 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I hear about Scadutree level 15 and 20 and I'm wondering how am I ever going to hit that.

I'm level 7 or 8 and pottering about Scadu Altus and just reached the Dragon Communion place.

I found them all naturally exploring apart from two scadutree fragments and one spirit ash and it's because I ran past them like a dope except for one scadutree fragment in the abyssal woods which I was just sick of that area so didn't fully explore it.

Eurogamer has a nice article for them all which I used to get those last 3. Didn't make much of a difference but you do seem particularly low. You can get them all in about 30 minutes with those guides.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I was only Scadutree level 16-17 when I finished the game IIRC, you definitely don’t need to find them all.

I was about the same as Johnny, 16 or 17. I think they changed it in a patch that the boost you get is higher from Lvls 1-10, then smaller from Lvls 11-19, then a big boost for getting to Lvl 20. But I think unless you've been tracking all you got since the beginning or would have a good idea on which ones you're missing, it's not worth trying to find them all. Beating Radahn should be doable from Lvl 14 on and I'd focus more on using the right weapons, talismans, armour etc, because by that stage you're either surviving enough hits to get some offence in, or you're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I think I’ll aim for the 20 because at the moment I’m being completely overwhelmed, even with holy resistance armour, incantations, consumables and the Golden Braid. At 44 years old my reflexes ain’t what they used to be.

Advertisement