Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,188 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,205 ✭✭✭Tow

I was thinking. If the Irish Navy ran out of food, they would be looking for de Compo and we would have heard about it on de News.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

my faaader took de Queen’s shilling in Brit merchant navy. He desperately wanted to get away from home (overbearing mother) on an adventure, attended Atlantic College to qualify as Radio Officer, lots of Irish lads did that. I have a his full diary of ports of call, saw this emerging young Sinatra in Radio City Hall, fell into the harbour at Casablanca, tide out, and doubled up as an emergency dentist on board, could do temp fillings after training, he had very good hands. Lots of excitement for a young man who loved the sea, having been brought up in Sandycove and co-owned a fishing boat in Dún Laoghaire harbour. Employment wasn’t exactly in abundance in Ireland. Afterwards the ROs were offered jobs as air traffic controllers in and around London, Croydon etc. My Dad declined and decided to come home to his girlfriend, not my mother, my mother came a bit later.

Taking the Kween’s shilling was irresistible to someone like him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,576 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,959 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Taking the King / Queen 's shilling was signing up to the military, which the Merchant Navy isn't part of.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Definitely. Presbytery doors will be left open all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭squonk

I’d say he’ll lean into the Casey stuff. I’ve a feeling RTE have all their CA shows on notice to cover this.

Joe will be fuming listening to Oliver Callan interviewing a death scene cleaner.

JOE

Friday’s IT meltdown, again, emergency survival bag, compulsory in New Zealand. Week’s supply of prescription needed.

Should Bishop Casey remain in his crypt? From yesterday

Covid is back, with a FLIRT

• Advertisement

Today in Studio S7.1:

• Command Chair: Joe. He will be "with us all Summer" back from de well earned holidays.
    • Guest Chairs: Empty.

Possible Topics:

• Joe is a great lad altogether.
    • Stuff de Researchers found on social media.
    • Microsoft Outage: Wha is in your Survival Pack incase of global meltdown. More from Yesterday. Required in New Zealand, including weeks supply of any prescription.
    • Bishop Eamon Casey: Joe digging to having him dug up.
    • Covid: De Covid is back.

Banned Topics:

• Wolfe Tone vs Montrose
    • State of Hospitals
    • De Unwell
    • De Undocumented
    • RVM Machine Tax
    • Inflation
    • Lack of Doctors
    • Lack of Dentists
    • Lack of Gaffs
    • Lack of punishment for Crime

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,188 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Covid: De Covid is back.

It's whaaa? Dis is an island don't ye know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,730 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Wazyrhandzzz

an old friend of this thread said de latest variant of Covid is not something you want to get. Won’t kill you but it’s twice as horrible as previous one.

That sporran looks remarkably similar to my own.

Joe. De Galway Cathedral is in Galway.

Jesus, Joe really is launching a campaign to get him exhumed.

All these Catholics and Christians, were we not taught about forgiveness? Upon entering heaven are our sins not absolved?

Ah not more Casey. That documentary was crap I thought. 5 years of research and ask they managed to dig up was 2 people with allegations and a few more cases that were NDA. In the end there was no new evidence. He’s as guilty today as he was yesterday. Also one of these documentaries that looks unbiased but still manages to tell you what to think.

absolutely evil b@st@rd

• Advertisement

RTE Investigates thought they were onto Irelands version of Jimmy Saville.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,295 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I think it's pretty obvious that Joe wants the body exhumed and he will be there as the remains are being brought out of the crypt rubbing his hands together in anticipation of the bukes and documentary he can profit from the story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,197 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

A bit dramatic there caller. Seamus says he won't darken the doors of Galway Cathedral as long as Eamonn Casey is buried there. At least he acknowledges that "you can't blame the building". 🙄

I don't think he was into hoping on bodies in morgues.

he had/has a priest nephew who is/was an abuser too. Some dreadful pathological genes &/or influences. .

Indeed! That’s exactly the impression I got but he’s not in that league by a long shot. He did stuff for sure but exactly how much “stuff” is still not clear and the motivations of accusers doesn’t seem to clear either. Not a saint by any means but this looks like a lot of clickbait and manufactured anger to me.

• Advertisement

But of course. Would he go down the crypt to give a dig out, so to speak 🤔

I would respectfully disagree with these opinions.

Name and colour of the christened Baby please caller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,025 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I'm hoping they move onto uninformed views of the US election from even a taxi driver. This is dire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

I must admit I’ve never found the witless taking off and mimicking of Duffy’s unapologetically working class accent to be remotely funny.

Being young is a great advantage, since we see the world from a new perspective and we are not afraid to make radical changes - Greta Thunburg

• Advertisement

Joe wants to go down to inspect. Already ascertained the stairs will take him safely.

Joe: Can you go down into the Crypt?

First off, you'd think Joe would know already. Surprised he's not been down there before.

Clearly looking for "sight seeing" tips".

Carey Builders are a fine fine fine company based on the 4 lines of text I read about them on the Internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭mountain

don’t you have someone less you should be busily defending?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭archfi

Boring WUM alert

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Joe is just pissed off Casey is taking up a hallowed crypt space he could use himself when it’s his turn as tireless working class champion of the people. A modern day Daniel O’Connell so to speak!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Whacker the counsellor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,197 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I'm sure there's plenty of bad eggs buried in the Vatican City and millions of people still visit there every year.

Or look across The Irish Sea, in Westminster Abbey, there's plenty of criminals buried within its walls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Duffy leading this “campaign” as part of his bid for the Aras. Rubbish talk.

Reminds me the Blessed are the cheesemakers scene from Life of Brian

• Advertisement

Missus there would be no priests left if there is no forgiveness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,025 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

they are dead missus. if the corpse of bishop casey rose again we would have bigger problems

I’ve no appetite for listening to this, though I appreciate it does affect some people.

Re forgiveness, that has to be sought. None of these people asked for forgiveness because evil is hard-baked into them.

This is shaping up to be another bollix of an afternoon.

I might getting working on an image of our Joe later, need a bit of lightness. This is Darkness, radio off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Electric Picnic Headliners, Ray (D'arcy) and Kodaline ?

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

is this wan of youse ???

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

We have an excellent justice system here says the caller without laughing

Feck dis, rajo on mute.

• Advertisement

Lad talking sense, will not last long.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement