Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to connect deco mesh to eir ftth

Options
  • 22-07-2024 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

I've been using satellite broadband and took out its own modem and just connected cable from dish to deco m4 mesh , I used 3 in total to get rid of all blackspots in house.

I've just got eir fiber broadband with its f3000 modem but I now have areas in house with no WiFi. Just wondering if I can simply not use the eir f3000 modem and just connect nbi box straight into deco units? I've little knowledge on how this all works but was hoping it's just a matter of plugging eir modem out and replacing with deco mesh units. Will I need to do more?

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

First question, do you use the eir phone-line at all? If yes, then you can't remove the router.

If not, then you you can remove the router and connect the deco unit directly to the ONT. You will need to set VLAN Tag ID to 10 for the internet/wan interface on the DECO unit to work.

Post edited by pizzahead77 on

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭eoin.d

I don’t use the phone line no .

Can you explain that to me please

Try the steps listed on https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2465/

I don't use Deco devices so can't say whether or not Eir be listed in the "Mode" section. If not, select Custom and just enter 10 for Internet VLAN (Priority is probably 0 as its something that isn't required)

so if I’ve already been using the deco units with the satellite broadband will I still need to do this connecting to the fibre broadband?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I would disconnect the lan cable that comes into the eir modem from the ont point, reset the deco and plug it into the cable coming from the ont. Go through the setup (link here I think ) https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/2464/

You can always set up a phone as a hotspot if you get stuck somewhere along the way.

sorry forgot to ask but if I’m not using the eir modem anymore will I still be able to connect the Apple TV box that came with the fibre broadband? Thanks

Yes you will be able to still use the Apple TV box

Advertisement