Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France Ferry & Campsite info (use Search function) mod warning post 1

Options
1365366367368369371»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭CuriousCucumber

Yeah, the packing up concerns my wife too

We managed to fit everything in this year, in a saloon, with no roofbox, so realistically (hopefully) it wont take an age to pack up. It's definitely a negative to moving between sites, but sure, we'll try it once, and it's too much hassle, that will the end of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Just returned from a 3 week trip to Vendée.

Drove my 16 Rav4 with roof box on top, left plenty of bootspace for wine and we also bought a bike for our son while we were there which fit in too.

2 full weeks in camping le Jard in La Tranche sur Mer. Excellent site. Great facilities and ideal for us with a 2 and 4 year old. Very fresh, seems to have undergone a big revamp in the last few years.

Stayed in Domaine des Ormes near St Malo for a few nights on the way back. Very outdoors oriented but very good. Huge indoor pool dome complex was excellent.

Arrived home to a 45 euro speeding fine from Normandie, which I got for 99km/h in a 90. No complaints, but was surprised they had the access to the records. Just beware

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

That fine arrived very efficiently!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I was thinking the same, arrived faster than my Crit Air cert 😂

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

The fine wad picked up on the way from Cherbourg heading south so it was 3 weeks ago. Still, faster than the RSA can manage from what I hear

• Advertisement
Advertisement