Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭yagan

Another factor that shapes our memories of weather is the house we live in. Our current home is the brightest house we've ever lived in, south facing with panorama windows. The current weather hardly bothers us as it always feels bright, whereas in previous less heliocentric homes we'd feel glum on cloudy and wet days.

I feel it was a huge waste that heliocentrism wasn't stipulated in planning for our building boom, but then I doubt they'd be adhered to considering houses were built on flood plains against the advice of county engineers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,220 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Grey grey grey grey grey grey for Christ's sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭pureza

Suns out in Arklow,beautiful out

Currently 20.6c

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭mcburns07

It’s pretty much never sunny 🥲

• Advertisement

Reached 21.3c now on the Davis

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Cloudy in Greystones but has reached 20c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Drizzly, grey morning in Celbridge. Dried up around 11 and a few very brief snatches of sunshine intermittently now. As always, breezy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭appledrop

No even a blink of sunshine here in NCD, big grey clouds looking like it's going to lash all day.

At least it's mild though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Cloud breaking up now in Dublin 8 and sun starting to peep out…very mild as well..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭gilly1910

Was at a gig in the Big Top in Galway on Friday night, and my god the weather was depressing, non-stop rain the entire evening and night. Gig was great though 😎

Nudging 22c now near Arklow

Wonderful day

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Thunder87

Sun finally making some brief appearances in North Dublin, hopefully turning into a nice late afternoon after another oppressively dark, grey day up to now. Amazing how much nicer even 5 minutes of sunshine makes the day, just shows what we've been missing out on most days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭compsys

I feel it's definitely gotten a lot milder and more humid over the past week or so which is nice. In Dublin at least. So at least there's no threat of having to put the heating on in mid summer. And windows can be left open without worrying about the cold. However the continued lack of sun is still frustrating. Though hints of better weather this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Ros4Sam24

Enjoy yer sunshine, heavy rain in North Ros. Horrid day

• Registered Users Posts: 9,322 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I warned ye to enjoy the dry weather while it lasted no matter how cloudy or 'cold' it was. Dry and bright until 10pm+ is very good. The Friday night rain had stopped just in time for my golf in the morning thankfully. I hate wet golf. I was in the Big Top on Saturday night, great craic altogether. Glad you enjoyed it. I have to say I have really enjoyed the relatively dry May, June and July. We have been warned for years that our climate will get wetter so to get 3 months well below average rainfall is a bonus. It's been raining on and off since Friday and it's a different world with much less options but I will still do the run this evening.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

after a damp start the day has turned out lovely here in Meath, loads of sunshine and warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭OldRio

Rain and more rain Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭gilly1910

You got lucky then as the weather was excellent for Block rockin beats on Saturday. Horrendous for Leftfield on Friday evening, but barely even noticed once they started 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭acequion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Really nice now in Dublin 8...Al fresco time again this evening

A nice 23c in Arklow,sunny and wonderful

• Registered Users Posts: 10,477 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

lovely late afternoon here in south Dublin- very warm and sun splitting the rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,220 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

sun was in and out for a few hours in dublin, back to grey slate now, and to piss rain from 1900 onwards, ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭adocholiday

I was inside working from home staring out at it all day. Looks like there's rain on the way so will get out in it for a little while at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Edgardo.

19C cloudy , rain clouds in sight.

West Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Is there any end to this endless grey misery in sight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Miserable evening in the midlands. Was just going to get the lawnmower out around 4.00 and then the rain appeared. Cold and wet since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

I've had to put the kitchen lights on since 7pm it's so dark. Rain starting now in Celbridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭pad199207

Decent bit of Thunder and Lightning here in Kildare

Advertisement