Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options
1364365366367368370»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭flasher0030

The advantage in that situation would clearly be to get a free 25 yards right in front of the posts. A dead cert point. It is not advantage to be taking a shot under pressure and with the opposition player having a hold of your jersey. It's different if it was further out and a difficult angle, and the ref gives the forward a chance to get his shot off, and then brings it back if no advantage accrues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

I agree with you there since 2013 we've had JBM, Kieran Kingston twice, John Meyler and Pat Ryan as managers and it's still an issue. A lot of it is to do with tactics and structure rather than playing personnel imo.

The two Downeys for example at full and centre back yesterday had great games, yet the Clare forwards had the freedom to do whatever they wanted.

Yep until that issue is resolved and until we toughen up the McCarthy Cup will not be coming back to the banks of the Lee!

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭chrisd2019

Brough my 10 year old to the homecoming tonight, as with all loosing one, the team is not really wanting to be there as the hurt is raw, but was great to see the amount of kids with hurleys practicing on the pitch. The event seemed well organised and well worth the 4 euro each!

Hopefully next year it will be a winning home coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Figerty

Not sure you can be so sure.. the tug on the jersey was for a fraction of a second on the side away from the referee. I doubt he saw it, and if he did, he probably couldn't be sure. Same thing goes for the potential black card, they couldn't agree it on the Sunday game so how can a ref to so with confidence on one take of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭supernova5

3 soft goals? has it occurred to you that they just may have been 3 well constructed goals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,164 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

You're spot on. Those 3 goals don't happen to Kilkenny a Tipp or a limerick.

1 maybe, not 3 like that.

Post edited by The_Kew_Tour on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭lukin

Yeah I was at it too. The only players that spoke were Hoggie and Patrick Collins.

Strange that Sean O Donoghue didn't speak, him being captain. Maybe he didn't want to.

Some of the players looked like they didn't want to be there, they didn't even look at the crowd when they were introduced onstage.

I enjoyed the Franks and the band that were on before them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭Seadin

Well I know Tony Kellys goal as good as it was should have not have that freedom to waltz in like that and use his hurley like he was waving a magic wand. They should have gone in on him heavy and do a Noel Hickey or Jackie Tyrell approach and hurt him that he wouldn't do it again. Take him out of it if needs be and concede a point but not a goal. It is almost identical to 2013 how we leaked the easy goals that killed us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

they were in there hole well constructed.. very few if any goals are 'well constructed'… Kellys goal looked great but it was shocking defending by Cork… Rodgers goal looked great… but he went thru a gap between 2 cork defenders… shocking..!! and dont get me started on the lame attempt by Ciaran Joyce to halt O'Donnell on his way to passing the ball to McCarthy for goal number 1… when i played my bit of hurling i mostly played in the full back line… i would have been fuming over Kellys goal especially… fuming..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

• Advertisement
Advertisement