Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House of the Dragon - GoT Prequel Series (non book reader)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,153 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,810 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Ok so a lemon wedge is good for cleaning blood from a sword.

Stay tuned for more pro tips from Ser Criston Cole

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭thefa

Bit of a filler episode with a few unnecessary scenes but there was progress in some of the storylines and dealt with some of the consequences of the episode 4.

I think the focus on Alicent’s rejection during the council scene was a bit lost on me. She’s witnessed enough to know how it works at this stage, particularly how the usurping of the thrown was already planned even before she mistook Visery’s death wish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,921 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I think she thought she was more of a player than she was and didn't realise how advanced Aomond's plans already were. She certainly thought she had Criston and Larys wrapped around her finger (or foot).

It's good that they haven't forgotten about small folks politics like later GoT did. It was ridiculous that Kings Landing just let Cersei be queen and bankrupt the place with a war. They went for her son for far less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,127 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I didn't mind that we got a much slower episode this week after last week's episode, but man it felt like an incredibly long episode.

Regarding Alicent, I don't think it was as much disappointment at being rejected as a potential ruler in Aegon's absence, but more fear for what will happen with Aemond in charge. She knows she can't control him, knows he was likely responsible in some way for what happened to Aegon, and knows he'll burn the place down to get what he wants.

Also having meetings at a table in the middle of the Twins Crossing is just completely impractical. Whoever wins out of the Greens and Blacks need to order the Freys to stop that immediately.

• Advertisement

It wasn't blood it was burn marks. Learned the same trick to restore old coins in school.

It was always gonna be a show episode so I didn't mind. They go a bit far with symbols at times like having the table made out of a door and do the Corlys Velaryon ever get sick of everything he owns being boat themed.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Charlo30

Thank you. The Last Kingdom. I knew I recognised him from some other series but couldn't place him. And it was bugging the hell out of me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,810 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Thanks for the tip. And how well does it work on blood in your experience? Asking for a friend… :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

No need blood wipes off easy. Just give it a little samurai flick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,851 ✭✭✭✭klose

Bit of a filler episode alright, the dragonseeds plot should progress along next episode you’d imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I think they actually answered this rather cleverly in what seemed like a throwaway line about some of the halls being almost impassable due to the amount of bat guano which is a well known hallucinogen.

Daemon is, quite literally, going bat **** crazy in Harrenhal!

Ha very good!

The others are probably immune to its effects

Middle ground literally

The twins are as weird as their descendants .

Tell your friend cold water and a small bit of soap !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

I've never seen someone able to convery such emotion with just their eyes, the way Olivia Cooke can with Alicent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,890 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Cold water for blood, always, but the salt-on-a-cut-lemon trick works wonders for cleaning copper cookware!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭nachouser

Every couple of months I have to email a team in work that the import daemon for a particular application is stuck and needs to be restarted. That's pretty much Matt Smith and his staging role at this point. I suppose the flash backs will get residuals for some of the actors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Do the dragons just live in a big cave and come and go as they please? How does Syrax know when Rhaenyra wants to go somewhere?

They seem to have some sort of telepathy going on. I'm pretty sure it's said that they are kept locked up but do seem to be let out for some sort of a run from time to time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,569 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Dull, dull, dull

Really struggling to command attention. None of the intrigue, none of the character (Ifans absence in recent eps has been a huge downer, however relevant to the story), weak and predictable writing

Can't help but feel the shortened season with the hour+ episodes have hurt it, or at least explains some of the drawnout story threads. Whereas the first season grew legs in the second half, this has really struggled to get going

• Advertisement

I don’t think this season is struggling rather than just lacking much action in the last couple of episodes. When there’s a week gap between episodes, it seems like an age since something beside talking happened. While I agree that certain story arcs are drawn out, the story is being developed in a more satisfactory way that say the later season of Game of Thrones in my opinion.

Your mentions of Lfans and Season 1 got me thinking though and I feel like there’s definitely a hole left with Paddy Considine gone (Harrenhal visions aside). Maybe some of the characters aren’t being maximised at the moment but I just remember a few iconic scenes he sold.

I think the season will be judged on how strong it can finish. Expecting a couple of eventful episodes now to round out the season, purely based on how season 1 and many GOT seasons tended to finish up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

poor Ser Steffon Darklyn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Some parts of episode 7 were sooo slow, i had to whizz through those bits..

we get another whiny kid… this series is full of sh!tty kids

but we have 3 new dragons… nice one.

Aomond showing again that he is a smart boy and not just some angry psycho.

When Rhaenyra was questioning Adam on the beach I was just so desperate for him to say "girl you know it's true"

And jesus I really wish her son would stop hulking around the place constantly pulling Blue Steel.

Enjoyed the scene with Hugh claiming Vermithor. It unlocked Mines of Moria/Lord of the Rings memories with the balrog but a lot deadlier.

Can’t help but feel there has to be a betrayal at some stage with one of the new dragon riders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Guffy

Yea, was saying the same to herself. There's no way she can trust all three of them. My money is on Adam feeling pushed away by his father.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,127 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'd put money on the second guy who got the smaller dragon; seems like a prick who'd be easily talked into switching sides.

Not enough Rhys Ifans this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Guffy

Yea he was my first choice but felt like was obvious and has been made into a reasonably likeable character. Although that could also make him the perfect candidate too I guess

Felt very sorry for Vhagar at the end.

Poor guy thought he was off to see his old buddies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭nachouser

Ok, we've got a big dragon who doesn't have a rider. We're going to send all of you potential dragon riders down into a kill space rather than doing it one at a time. It's a fun show but it's very dumb.

Advertisement