Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,971 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Wake me up when it's all over.

Karen needs one of these………….

OK genuine TA wtf is up with Vanilla you can't even embed a youtube video anymore :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,965 ✭✭✭spookwoman

People who can't just do things like a normal person and have to bang and slam everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

People who slam car doors like they are on a drugs heist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Those automated answering systems, you know like: 1 for service, 2 for sales, 3 for whatever, 4 for…are not really mobile phone friendly 😀

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Felt like I might be coming down with something earlier but put it down to tiredness and a bit of a hangover. Have gone off a cliff in the past couple of hours - can no longer breathe through my nose, have a the sinus headache to end the world and feel like I've been drugged, I'm so tired. Yay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Standing under a tree waiting for the rain shower to end. But it doesn't. So you walk home and get wet anyway. It's like a bad Morrissey song. 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,341 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Legit to be miserable now :)

And my TA is that more rain in winter and less leaves on trees to shelter under!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

my neighbours the same so if I may share your TA, yes those annoying neighbours , the latest is their doorbell broke a while ago, well months back. They didn’t replace it. So everybody from couriers, friends, family whoever goes there ends up hammering on a door or window to get their attention.

9.40pm tonight their offspring I’m presuming, thud thud thud on the wooden door of about 80 decibels, waits 30 seconds… thud thud thud…. Louder… about 120 decibels…..🤦🏻‍♂️

Im seeing you will buy a good standard doorbell with chime gizmo for about 25-40 euros. It will take you 15 minutes to easily install it….
    L A Z Y & A N N O Y I N G 🤦🏻

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

People at supermarket checkouts who halfway through scanning their groceries realise they've forgotten something and will walk past a queue to get it. Or the woman the other day at the self service who stops scanning so she can have a chat with a neighbour who has just passed by, meanwhile theres about 5 pairs of eyes looking at her in the queue wondering when this chat will end!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭drury..

The ones who are really really slow packing their shopping

Like 10x slower than normal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,433 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Shít things that media sells as a positive: can't afford a house? Why not live in a box in your parents' garden?

Can't afford accommodation anywhere? Try sleeping in your car. Yaay! 🙄

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/features/why-car-booting-is-taking-off/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭drury..

A shed in the woods with no electricity is the latest ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

My pain meds didn't kick in so I'm feeling groggy from them but still in pain and I know if I take another dose I'll be stoned off my box in work so have to wait till I'm on train home.

I realise I probably posted this TA before but it happens at least once a week and I'm VA….!!!

Plus with them I can't drink and I could murder a pint!!

Oh and other TA - mates who know you're in a bad way and never ask once "how you doing ?" yet I ask them how they are for any little sniffle.

I'm in a mood and I'm getting a family size bag of Maltesers on the way home and eating every last one myself!

Moaning Squirrel, out!

I managed to clock someone with a door. The reason ? He and another person were standing almost directly behind the door deep in conversation. 🤦🏻‍♂️ I am carrying something so I did push it open firmly but I get big time evil evils from the pair of them as I walk through but I’m not apologising as if you stand there, you are likely to get hit. About 3 minutes later I notice the same two absolute gimps are stood in precisely the same position, behind the door staring wholeheartedly into each others eyes still yapping and laughing . 😵‍💫

Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.  Especially when it’s likely to hurt 😵‍💫

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Yeah, I hate when people stand in stupid places. I'm sure I mentioned it here before, about our warehouse manager who will always stop for a chat with somebody at the most awkward place. If there's a long corridor, he'll stop at the only spot where there is a big pillar narrowing the way through. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Trying to keep the no's of reps and timings straight in my head during physio!!!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

I remember doing lengths in a hotel pool one time. I think it was a 20m pool (short-ish anyway) and I worked out that I had to do 70 lengths (dont know why now…seems awfully long…but was training for something!) and I started swimming …. 1 ….. 2 …. oh god, how the hell am I going to get to 70! …..36 …. 37 …. am i realy on 37? …. Im sure I miss counted along the way and had to err on the side of caution and round down instead of up!

I love swimming …. but swim training is boring!!!!!!!!! no one to talk to …. no sights to see, just the ceiling or the floor …. I gave up on that pool shortly after and did big sessions in the 50m pool in UL … only had to do 32 lengths to clock up a mile!

TH - i once swam a mile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

(Dis)Honourable mention for eejits who block the LUAS when you are trying to get off and look disgusted when you ask them to move!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I did, and it was negative. Which doesn't surprise me as I clearly have bubonic plague or Captain Trips or something.

What you need is Captain Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure ;-)

Actually not to be taken internally but it does exist https://www.amazon.co.uk/Captain-Tolleys-Creeping-Crack-sealer/dp/B00JQ6XHWC/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Waking up with the start of a cold and cough when you have a family event coming up at the weekend :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Feckin fruit flies. I've already caught about 30 of them since yesterday afternoon and there are still a few floating around the kitchen 🤢

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,433 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Rural people weirdly attached to cutting turf. We were saving turf when I was a child and never want to do that backbreaking shíte again!

my GPs surgery normally send me a reminder / confirmation via SMS of my appointment times… but that didn’t happen on this occasion so at 12.53, I call to reconfirm as I’m slightly doubtful of the time… 2.30 or 3.30……only to be greeted with a message informing me that they are closed for lunch…. “between 1 and 2 pm”…. But it’s only 12.53 !

Given the nature of the business, .ie healthcare….it might be appreciated if they’d play to the rules and if lunch is 1-2… they go at 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I loved the bog ,though as a child I wasn’t doing the heavy work .Is it even allowed now ? If I was fit to cut and daddy could see to catch , I’d love to get him in the face with a big wet sod 🤩

My TA is the shop didn’t have my favourite coffee , so I’m stuck with Nescafé

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

When your culchie parents criticise the way you speak, somehow forgetting that they brought you up in Dublin and you've never spent more than 2 or 3 days max, down the country.

It's like they expect you to talk just like them, even though you've barely spent any time in their native counties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Trying to talk to someone and not a recording , which evidently can’t understand a north Monaghan accent .
    If I hear thank you for waiting and we’ll put you through as soon as we can , I’ll hop the phone off the wall 🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Advertisement