Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

150KTubs - future career in Virgin Radio and other soulful pursuits **Mod: Read OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Conparing Tubridy to Eamonn Casey is nasty enough, my friend. You should probably learn to moderate your opinions a little better. Anger is a deeply negative emotion to have to carry around with you all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭yagan

Oh come on, both had to go England due to fallout from financial irregularities in their posts.

Are you calling Bryan a sexual predator?

You really need to move out of your mum's place.

Leave my mother out of it please. There’s no need to be so nasty. It’s a sign you’ve lost whatever argument you were trying to make. Talking about anger with a professional might genuinely be useful for you. Exercise, meditation, positive thinking, hobbies, social interactions also help. You just need to chill out.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

^^^ I didn't get the memo ??

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr Disco

methinks the obsessive lad protests too much…

• Advertisement

But you're always saying everyone contributing to this thread lived with their mothers.

You bring everyone's mother's into this. Maybe it's time to ascend from your basement. It's a nice day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Has he posted today? Didn’t see that. More Instagram posts and a run down of whatever Ryan said on radio?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr Disco

ignore that lad. Trying again to have thread locked. It’s v obvious.

Never said that at all, dude. Haven’t a clue who anyone is here. Had to close my previous account because some mentally deranged oddball did manage to find out who I was. Hopefully he is getting the help he so badly needs. I decided against going to the police.

Again, you are resorting to nastiness. This is a silly little thread about a radio presenter. If it’s making you angry, you are obsessively listening to his show despite despising Tubridy, you make things up in your head then I’d just suggest you find some way to chill out better. This stuff really isn’t important.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Paterson Jerins

Ah yeah the doc is a wum.

Constantly fishing for posters to bite and push the mods into taking action.

Although a mod previously asked the bogson doc not to post for 3 days?!?!

Unbelievable. Always gets away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Classic projection. Says he doesn't care but just can't let go. Foolin' nobody.

I can absolutely assure you it’s not a case of projection. Married to a beautiful woman, two six figure salaries coming into the house, living in one of Dublin’s most desirable postcodes in our own house, wide range of hobbies and interests, a successful career where I actually do very little work and am my own boss. All good in the hood here.

Sheesh, didn’t expect to get so much abuse and vitriol fired my direction simply for having the opinion that Tubs is a nice guy and a moderately capable broadcaster. Seems you have to obsessively hate listen to his show each day and think he’s literally Satan himself to fit in around here.

Lot of chill pills needed, I think.

Look regardless of you or I think Ryan has a solid core of fans that will welcome him back from exile, just like Eamon Casey had.

Any other inference is entirely yours.

Little work but 6figure salary? Wow, thats so impressive. What is your job?

Please do tell all us plebs how you can do it, and post beautiful posts on boards constantly throughout the day?

What actually are the dublin desirable postcodes?

But you closed down your previous account doc, because you were accused of bullying and mocking a poster's mental health.

And also the abominable Tubs and noel made a mess of it all. You defended them until the end. It was comical

Maybe it's his SIMs reality bleeding over.

Anyhow he's a lucky boy to have freshly ironed and folded y fronts left at the basement door.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Lets get back on topic lads and not give them what they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TheBMG

Think everyone needs to step back here a bit and cool the jets.

We're here to discuss barter boy.

You seem to want to about mothers.

• Advertisement

Dude, you are the one going on about my mother. Just leave it off. Make your point without lashing out. You shouldn’t take stuff like this so seriously. It’s not good for you.

https://www.oakmeditation.com/

Maybe try that if you have an iPhone. If you can’t afford an iPhone and have an android then I’m sure there is something similar available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭RoTelly

Why do you care so much about boards.ie not being relevant? I assume your just trolling.

You mean it would be like an elite athlete heading over to Ryan Tubridy to get advise on how best to win an Olympic gold medal?

Though in fairness I'd say Geraldine O'Leary could sort them out with ticket to the event, maybe even a bus to the venue. A hotel room … and some filp-flops.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

Haven’t a clue who Geraldine O’Leary is.

I like boards and I like this thread, but no one contributing should be under the illusion that it’s in anyway relevant or influential. As I said, boards was last relevant about 15 years ago. Tubridy isn’t reading this thread, Joe isn’t reading the Liveline thread and Simon Harris isn’t reading the FG thread. It’s a site that is primarily used by people 40+ with conservative and contrarian viewpoints. I’m maybe a bit of an outlier in that I’m just about under 40, liberal and optimistic about people and the world.

This is not an important site and the opinions expressed on it aren’t influencing business, political or societal decisions.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Moderator: stop the personal jibes. It's clearly unnecessary but a repeated issue in this thread people getting personal. We don't want to have to start getting heavy-handed again with sanctions and that. Just use some common sense and let the personal stuff go please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭RoTelly

Bob have you taken any interest in any of the on goings at RTÉ? You do know that its not just about Ryan Tubridy. And that much of the fallout comes from the higher executives at the broadcaster and their mismanagement of the national broadcaster (5 were fired from their positions, they were on 7 figure sums of money, were they wonderful?).

For example like you they thought that they needed to pay very high wages to keep Tubs and co in RTÉ in case they left the station/channel, they thought that this would result in the exit of huge numbers of high profile presenters.

However, over the last ten years with the exit of such presenters RTÉ has seen no effect on their audience numbers, indeed as you so eloquently put it such presenters can have a successful careers outside of RTÉ possibly earning more than what they earned in RTÉ, this move would then allow RTÉ to allocate their prized programming spots to new presenters / actors / writers who might then move up in the broadcaster and then might consider moving from the broadcaster on to other rewarding career options either in the commercial sector in Ireland or potentially to the US or to London. This is the type of career they have.

I'd argue that you are more conservative than most here on boards, if anything most poster here are to the Left of politics and almost any centrist or potentially capitalist view is quickly moderated.

I don't consider this to be the site to change anything, I put my views up largely on the broadcast sector in this country, which I know a good bit about, I might be wrong some of the time and I will admit that. And I like to read other people's view, weather I agree with them or not.

I can agree some of the posts on this thread are just not very nice*, but other are simple critics of the presenter (which in his line of work he would expect to get) and others are simply putting forward that he wasn't worth his price in gold at RTÉ. These are just broad views.

You have yet to state yours on Tubrity as a presenter and his new show, if you even ever thought of listening.

PS I don't think boards was ever all that relevant. Its enjoyable to use. And why get at people if they enjoy something?

*too strong a word (hateful, I don't think anyone is being as such).

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Karppi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Karppi

How do you hover over a pint? Would the downdraught of the rotor disturb the foamy top?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

don’t take your own situation so badly, I’m sure you can go onto a chat board and discuss it with like minded folk, take heart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

are national broadcaster, we’re going to be getting some sort of TV License +, Version 2

Advertisement