Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeless Wherers - all are welcome, old and new!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Raichų

Madeira loaf cake too, cos why not. 😎🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Glenroes at full throttle

ty!! They are lovely to be fair! The recipe originally calls for a ton of lemon juice and zest for the pectin in order to set, but I used jam sugar instead 😎

It’s nicely raspberry flavoured without the tang of the lemon. I found the recipe as was too sour and bitter.

For anyone interested in making them:

• 480g double cream
    • 110g jam sugar (or caster + 10g pectin)
    • 1/2 lemon zest (peel with a veg peeler don’t grate)
    • 1/2 juice of lemon
    • 280g raspberries or raspberry pureé
    • 5-6 basil leaves

Combine the sugar, zest & cream in a pot, cook on mid-low for 5-6 mins or until sugar has dissolved (cream will turn slightly yellow)

While that’s cooking if you want to make roasted raspberry and basil puree, set oven to 200c and roast raspberries + a tablespoon of sugar & the basil leaves for 10 mins until soft. Blend for 3 mins and pass through a fine sieve to catch seeds/pulp, add that to the cream and cook for a further 5 min.

If using fresh/frozen raspberries, add them to the cream and bring it back to simmer and cook for 7-10 mins until the raspberries are soft. Use an immersion blender to puree the mix and pass through a sieve to catch pulp/lemon zest/seeds

Pour into moulds and let set for 5-6 hours or preferably overnight.

Sorry, the Tuile and biscuits are secret recipes 😅

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

That is a crap load of flavours but I can see how tuile and biscuits (are they shortbread) will work.. However I'd still want like five of them to be sure 🤣

My glenroes post unrelated to your baking posts. Keep up the amazing work. Delicious looking.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching Yesterday , about a guy who is the only person to remember the Beatles .

Seen it before , not a patch on Rocket man or whatever the Elton John film w

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Just in the leaba, honestly thought it was going for a replay at full time as did everyone else in the pub , gutted but well done Clare..... deffo do not want to go to work tomorrow..😭😭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Balcony with a Nespresso. OH is looking at somewhere to visit start next month with a friend. Everywhere she has thought about are either too hot or monsoon weather. She isn’t impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭mehico

I thought Yesterday was a good film to just watch and go with the flow. Although it is not a Christmas film, I think I seen it around that time of year and felt a bit like a feel good film with well known songs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,056 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Today is my Friday, roll on tomorrow😁

Having a coffee outside underneath the low hanging thunder clouds and threat of rain. But it's a nice coffee and it's warm and cosy cause I have a nice light lambswool jumper on. Cotton is just not the same. Viva la sheep.

Just out of bed after a so so nights sleep . I can’t seem to find a comfortable position at all . Maybe I just need a new mattress but something has to be done

Turn your mattress over and turn top to bottom.

Fresh sheets.

Window open.

Lots and lots of uninterrupted sex.

Edit

The last step is optional 😁

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

Taking a "summer" break. Hope the weather gets a bit better. See you later. And be kind to yourselves.

sex ,uninterrupted or not made me laugh / cry 🤒

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,191 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Bacon and cabbage with mashed turnip and spuds. A splash of gravy too. Jaysus ladd ya just can't beat it! In the leaba and gonna find movie.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Grr pain been a bit more noticeable than usual and just now it's flared, there is never a good time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,056 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Woo hoo! Weekend here I come 😁😁

Now, what to do on a Tuesday..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭4Ad

In bed after a few pints, survived ForestFest and Clare winning an All Ireland, and topped off by my 86 year old Father coming home tomorrow after surgery and 3 weeks in hospital…

I'm so fecking happy !!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Bedside, feeling empty, heartbroken and bereft. 💔

@JupiterKid you will find people here 24/7, so use us if you need.

Nespresso time, 2 working days left until i have 2 weeks off, but this was a lazy month as i only worked on 3 days :):):)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

In bed here feeling really rotten with flu-like symptoms - have a high temperature, chills, fever, a bad phlegm cough, a headache and I feel drained and fatigued. 🤒🤒🤧

OH is going out shortly to get a Covid test. Hope I don't have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Lots of COVID doing the rounds so don’t be surprised if you are positive. Seems to clear up in a few days if you’re up to date with vaccines.
    I escaped it recently when most of my family and neighbours kindly passed it on amongst themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭thomil

I can only repeat what others here have already said, @JupiterKid: We're here for you! Whether it's flu, Covid, Klingon blood fever, or anything else…

That being said, my brain isn't braining today…

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,942 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Hugs @JupiterKid 🤗

Slow roasted a piece of beef, so had a mug of coffee with a hot roast beef sandwich for tea, delicious 😋

• Advertisement

June turned out to be my most Interesting month this year.

Advertisement